2 Candidates I Would Want Over Smith, If They're Even Possible To Get.

Miller2Rison

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So I guess it was the immense amounts of talent on that side of the ball (over the past 6 years) combined with BVGs brilliant X and Os approach. No, I think it was Smittys bend but don't break philosophy. That's what you have to do when you don't have one single group on a team that excels and we never have. Mike Smith has never truly had a "strength" on defense, with this team at least.

Do you people really believe Smith is the reason we are winning games? If anything his coach style limits our productivity.

We win games because of Matt, Roddy, Julio and TD. That's it and that's all. Theres a reason we look better in the no huddle.

We need an offensive guru that will hand the reigns over to Matt. Jay Gruden.

Members of the MSAA will never see the light in this.

Edited by Falconsfan567™

first off i am not one of those "fire MS guys" but if a change does need to be mad there is 2 coaches i wouldn't mind seeing here.

first choice=Bill Billichick, likely not coming off the Patriots where he is a legand but if we could Bill i would take him over Smith in a secon

second choice=Jeff Fisher, Jeff just hasn't had the talent to coach since that Titans team he had in the late 90s and early 200s, i think Jeff could do some damage to some teams with the toys on our team he could play with.

so, who do you "fire MS people" have in mind as replacement?

Give me John Grudan!!!!! OR Bill Cower

Mike Tomlin.

Why do people think Tomlin is such a good coach? Most Pitt fans I know hate him. Name one player they developed that wasn't there when cowher was outside of Wallace who they let walk. He won a Super Bowl with cowher's team and hasn't done anything since...oh and they are 0-3. He also hired Todd Haley to coach on offense...I would not want Tomlin here at all.

Why do people think Tomlin is such a good coach? Most Pitt fans I know hate him. Name one player they developed that wasn't there when cowher was outside of Wallace who they let walk. He won a Super Bowl with cowher's team and hasn't done anything since...oh and they are 0-3. He also hired Todd Haley to coach on offense...I would not want Tomlin here at all.

Agree... Tomlin walked into a stacked team. His regime has basically done nothing as far as rebuilding. Majority of his draft picks suck

Again no one is saying to fire Mike Smith right now at this moment. Let him finish out another disappointing season and then let him walk and hire Jay Gruden.

Jay Gruden? Last time I saw him he was an arena leauge qb several years ago. I like tomlin the best of all active coaches. He would do well here. Him or Fisher.

Jay Gruden? Last time I saw him he was an arena leauge qb several years ago. I like tomlin the best of all active coaches. He would do well here. Him or Fisher.

Jay Gruden is in his 3rd year as the Bengals OC. As a HC in the Arena league he posted an 82-54 record (11-7 in playoffs) and won 2 Arena Bowl championships. I know that's a different league than the NFL but he's ripe for the picking. Andy Dalton who isn't all that talented threw for the 4th most TD passes ever by a player in his first 2 NFL seasons. Imagine what he could do with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones and Roddy White? The Falcons would finally have the greatest show on turf 2.0.

Unfortunately. Arthur Blank will never fire Mike Smith.

If he does a little historical research he will find that this is pretty much the make or break year for Mike Smith in terms of winning a Super Bowl with the Falcons. With the exception of Bill Cowher, every Super Bowl winning coach since the mid 70s has won his first one in his first 6 years with that team.

If he does a little historical research he will find that this is pretty much the make or break year for Mike Smith in terms of winning a Super Bowl with the Falcons. With the exception of Bill Cowher, every Super Bowl winning coach since the mid 70s has won his first one in his first 6 years with that team.

Yep. It happens pretty quickly and Cowher didn't win it but he went to the Super Bowl in that time.

But he got S-W-A-G, dog!