This May Be Far Fetched

Dirtybird#11

But i was thinking last night about coaches who could replace Smitty.An yes i seen the Sabans which i dont agree with at all after seeing what he did with MIA i dont want him in pro football ever again and also the Bill Cowhers i would love to see this but i dont think he would return.But how about a former Falcon to coach this team.Which former falcon you say?I think it should be Lawyer Milloy.

Yes you may be thinking man you must be up outcho mind but think after this franchise was in a state of flux what did he do?He turned this team from no hope to a playof team.An lets not forget his leadership skills are out of this world.Thoughts?

But i was thinking last night about coaches who could replace Smitty.An yes i seen the Sabans which i dont agree with at all after seeing what he did with MIA i dont want him in pro football ever again and also the Bill Cowhers i would love to see this but i dont think he would return.But how about a former Falcon to coach this team.Which former falcon you say?I think it should be Lawyer Milloy.

Yes you may be thinking man you must be up outcho mind but think after this franchise was in a state of flux what did he do?He turned this team from no hope to a playof team.An lets not forget his leadership skills are out of this world.Thoughts?

no that be a horrible idea. We need a coach with an aggressive attitude not someone who has never coached before....not saying we need a new coach just goin of what u suggested

My criteria are simple, no college coaches and no former NFL head coaches, period. After that, it is all open. I have no solid opinion on Smith yet, but if it must happen, these are my recommedations on the process.

no that be a horrible idea. We need a coach with an aggressive attitude not someone who has never coached before....not saying we need a new coach just goin of what u suggested

No dont get me wrong we do need a aggressive coach but i like smitty but he really isnt cutting it anymore for ATL he will last maybe 2-4 more years before we get rid of him unless he finds away to get us back on track and get us some rings

True he was the coach at the time but he isnt a leader he isnt a go getter he is a sit back and watch type of person

Yet his so called sit back and watch attitude has led us to our first ever back to back winning seasons in franchise history. It's led to us being considered relevant for the first time ever, and it's led to us having the Best record in the league since his arrival with us. Think about it, we never had back to back winning seasons, Ever. And we've only missed the playoffs Once since he's been here. Every other falcons coach and the vast majority of Any other coach would kill to have the success that Smith has had. I don't understand the hate he's getting for his philosophy when it's paid such dividends for us.

Yet his so called sit back and watch attitude has led us to our first ever back to back winning seasons in franchise history. It's led to us being considered relevant for the first time ever, and it's led to us having the Best record in the league since his arrival with us. Think about it, we never had back to back winning seasons, Ever. And we've only missed the playoffs Once since he's been here. Every other falcons coach and the vast majority of Any other coach would kill to have the success that Smith has had. I don't understand the hate he's getting for his philosophy when it's paid such dividends for us.

Was he really a motivator for this team who had the C on his chest when it was game time and fired up the huddle before each game?

Right now the 49ers and Packers are in the same boat that we are in and made the playoffs last year. Do you think Harbaugh and McCarthy deserve to be fired too? This is a long season—allow Smitty to do his job. I guarantee if any of us tried to do his job, we wouldn't have half the success. Winning in the NFL is not easy, the team across the field gets paid too. Let's just support our team because there is a lot of football left to be played.

Think of it like how we play in a game....we come out hot then fizzle out every time. Maybe since we're experiencing so much adversity so early, we will be battle tested for the latter part of the season and steadily improve and get healthy. Let's see where this team is late in the season when it really counts.

I'm on the other side with Saban... I look at it like this: He has one thing left to prove in his coaching career - that he can win in the NFL and you can dang sure bet he would be motivated to prove that he can. His last year in Cleveland as the DC, they had the best defense in the NFL. He has an incredible attention to detail and he is an outstanding motivator. If he's willing to give it another go, toss him a blank check and see what happens...

I'm on the other side with Saban... I look at it like this: He has one thing left to prove in his coaching career - that he can win in the NFL and you can dang sure bet he would be motivated to prove that he can. His last year in Cleveland as the DC, they had the best defense in the NFL. He has an incredible attention to detail and he is an outstanding motivator. If he's willing to give it another go, toss him a blank check and see what happens...

Haha no

idk there are many good coaches in there respective sport like Arena Football and Canadian Football and NBA and Hockey idk im kinda rambling now.I wouldnt mind Mike Nolan as HC

Just because someone is good at hockey doesn't mean they're good at football. Do you think a HC is just a big cheerleader? They do actually have to have knowledge of the sport too. Nolan may not be a horrible HC but I like him right where he is.