Cure For The Falcons Red Zone Woes

terrence0258

Just throw fade routes to Julio. You toss up three, I'm 100% sure he'll catch one of them. In all seriousness though, why do they never just lob the ball up and give their best athlete a chance to make a play?

julio-jones-gif.gif

Throwing the ball up to a pro bowl receiver might result in a catch, which would negate the opportunity to put up three points with a chip-shot FG. Everybody knows that!! lulz

Please tell me some of you also got physically ill when we ran a fake screen to Julio with a fade to HD. Seriously? You can get too cute for your own good. Julio, Tony, and Toilolo are the best options there. Roddy would normally be listed but he still isn't back to Roddy. Throw the **** ball up in the air for crying out loud.

Toilolo Is a mismatch in the endzone that we arent taking advantage of

I mean seriously, name me another player that is taller. I think there may be a few the same but none taller, and the ones that are close don't play defense. For all that is holy in Falcon land take what advantages you have in the redzone and exploit the living **** out of them. Why not? What we are doing isn't working anyway. Why is it so plain for us to see at home but nothing ever changes.

Please tell me some of you also got physically ill when we ran a fake screen to Julio with a fade to HD. Seriously? You can get too cute for your own good. Julio, Tony, and Toilolo are the best options there. Roddy would normally be listed but he still isn't back to Roddy. Throw the **** ball up in the air for crying out loud.

why?? it was a great play that worked. Harry adjusted to make a great catch. too bad the ball was out of bounds

why?? it was a great play that worked. Harry adjusted to make a great catch. too bad the ball was out of bounds

It worked? Well ****, my tv is apparently screwed up and nfl.com scoring must be off because I don't see those six points. It did not work, he didn't catch it for a td and he was covered by at least two guys. Bad play call. Use what we have, which is Julio, the greatest TE ever to play the game, and a 6'8" freak who could be just what we need in the rz.

It worked? Well ****, my tv is apparently screwed up and nfl.com scoring must be off because I don't see those six points. It did not work, he didn't catch it for a td and he was covered by at least two guys. Bad play call. Use what we have, which is Julio, the greatest TE ever to play the game, and a 6'8" freak who could be just what we need in the rz.

yes it worked, it may not have been successful but if that ball was placed so that Harry lands in bounds then what? is it still a dumb play?

yes it worked, it may not have been successful but if that ball was placed so that Harry lands in bounds then what? is it still a dumb play?

Clearly you do not know the definition of worked. Look, I haven't watched a replay only live. From that recollection HD had at least two guys on him and the ball should have never been thrown IMO. Matt had no where else to go is my guess because that was the obvious play call. Throw it to someone that makes a mismatch in the endzone. Period.

Sadly Smittyball has a hang-over effect in which, when the coaches attempt to break out of the mold and get creative, they only succeed in going full ******. They didn't get word that you should never go full ******. blink.png

Clearly you do not know the definition of worked. Look, I haven't watched a replay only live. From that recollection HD had at least two guys on him and the ball should have never been thrown IMO. Matt had no where else to go is my guess because that was the obvious play call. Throw it to someone that makes a mismatch in the endzone. Period.

look, the pass was made, Harry made the catch over both defenders, therefore it wasn't as ridiculous or cringe-worthy as you making it out to be. if that pass was two feet more to the left, Harry scores and you'd be singing a different tune. I get what you're saying, I'm just saying it wasn't that bad. I respect your opinion

look, the pass was made, Harry made the catch over both defenders, therefore it wasn't as ridiculous or cringe-worthy as you making it out to be. if that pass was two feet more to the left, Harry scores and you'd be singing a different tune. I get what you're saying, I'm just saying it wasn't that bad. I respect your opinion

I respect yours as well but I have a hard time saying that was a play that "worked". I don't want to go on about it either. There were better options and it's always the same thing it seems week after week. Week 1 was not using Jackson inside the five, this week it was this dud of a play.

EDIT

Also I feel like if the play was in bounds there is no way he catches it because the backs would have been in even better position to make more of a play on the ball.

Edited by SiViK_OuTkAsT™