Solution For Eliminating Blown Leads

Bring It

If the paid professional haven't figured it out by now, I have no faith they ever will. It shouldn't be rocket science.

They might as well just start up a Madden 2014 game and go with the "Ask Madden" option. I have more faith in that.

*dead* @ the thought of this. You see smitty sneaking off * psst* Koetter what did madden say? He said go for it on 4th and 1 on their goal line. Really? There will be none of that! Field goal !

Here is the problem, IMHO....

Our defense is thin and although I think our starters do a fantastic job (first half of games), when you don't have the depth to be able to afford to rotate and still get production the defense tires quickly. I.E. Osi is not a 60 snaps a game guy. You play him 60 snaps a game and you get diminished returns on his production because he gets gassed.

That being said, Mike Smith remembers 08' and 09' when turner was a stud and we held the ball for 70% of the game clock and won that way. This offense (even with SJax) is not built that way yet he tries to play it that way after we get a big lead. This causes the defense to get exhausted in the second half because we go 3 and out on every offensive possession because the opposing DC knows exactly what Smitty likes to do.

If we just played the entire game with the aggressiveness we play in the first half, our defense would stay off the field, stay fresh, and dominate the entire game. The team is talented enough, but the coaching has been lacking lately.

Our defense is thin and although I think our starters do a fantastic job (first half of games), when you don't have the depth to be able to afford to rotate and still get production the defense tires quickly. I.E. Osi is not a 60 snaps a game guy. You play him 60 snaps a game and you get diminished returns on his production because he gets gassed.

That being said, Mike Smith remembers 08' and 09' when turner was a stud and we held the ball for 70% of the game clock and won that way. This offense (even with SJax) is not built that way yet he tries to play it that way after we get a big lead. This causes the defense to get exhausted in the second half because we go 3 and out on every offensive possession because the opposing DC knows exactly what Smitty likes to do.

If we just played the entire game with the aggressiveness we play in the first half, our defense would stay off the field, stay fresh, and dominate the entire game. The team is talented enough, but the coaching has been lacking lately.

Too much intelligent logic here for this board.............waaaaay too much.

It looks to me that the o line doesn't allow for consistent drives. Once a team keys in on the slip screens, wr screens, and quick drop backs the team cannot translate to a 6 or 7 step drop for a different look. That to me anyway leads to the d coordinator being more able to predict plays and get their d in position.

Miami didnt have to worry about one deep ball all game. The o line can't give matt the time.

It looks to me that the o line doesn't allow for consistent drives. Once a team keys in on the slip screens, wr screens, and quick drop backs the team cannot translate to a 6 or 7 step drop for a different look. That to me anyway leads to the d coordinator being more able to predict plays and get their d in position.

Miami didnt have to worry about one deep ball all game. The o line can't give matt the time.

Yup, most if not ALL defenses play the Falcons on a "short" field. Not bad work, if you can get it.

Simple, get everybody healthy and give the youngsters a few games under their belts. Oline should be better in a few weeks than it is now, SJax, White & Baker should be healthy, on D, Mass, Alford, Bartu, Trufant,Goodman and a couple of others need more experience.

A more stable Oline and a return to health by SJax, etc. should mean a much more productive offense- one that can make big plays to cover mistakes they make and move the ball in the second half.

This team could be much better in a few weeks.

This is pretty close, IMO.

We simply don't put enough meta-pressure on defenses. Rather than have a game plan that looks to get lots of high percentage plays off, we sloooooow it down, amplifying the value of every play we run. It sucks.

Add to that the emotional scarring of the 4th and 1 calls during the Giants game and you've got a team capable of beating anyone but more than willing to let you hang around and take the game away.

Based on the DISMAL repeat performance of last year's game giveaways as seen this season so far, why not sign Craig Kimbrel of the Braves....................to guarantee saving games ??? Y'all got any better ideas ??? LOL

...Coupled with Gattis to get the walk off when we've allowed them to tie it before Kimbrel takes the mound.