Harry Douglas A Punt Returner. Give Me A Break.

aquatrol07

Oh, I'm glad you can tell the exact second someone gets knocked out. He got hit helmet to helmet, and had his back driven into the ground. He was out from the helmet to helmet hit.

Better Angle:

HarryDouglasTrucked.gif

their helmets never even touched. He was wrapped up and slammed in the ground

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

their helmets never even touched. He was wrapped up and slammed in the ground

You're right...if you take out the part where the top of the guys helmet hit HD in the face mask, and the part where his BACK and not his head hit the ground. I've seen guys get the wind knocked out of them from having their backs driven into the ground, but never knocked unconscious.

Also, watch this video. You can hear a loud smack when their helmets collided.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000248708/Don-Jones-powerful-tackle-forces-fumble

FUK HIM!!!!!

I still remember him on that wheel route play during 49ers game where he was wide open & he just slipped. CLOWN!!!

Someone post that gif please!

Btw HD had the potential his rookie year but sadly that was it, he's become a bum. We need a better slot wideout and returner.

The Falcons have NEVER had a true quality returner. The closest they ever got was Billy "White Shoes" Johnson................and he was inconsistent.

Rossum was good & I forget the name of the Welker like receiver that was good at returning kicks.

This was YEAAAAAARS ago though, so I can't remember the guys name or stats.

He made a mistake to go back and try to pick it up. He got the pi$$ knocked out of him. They might as well have brought out a body bag cause homie was dead for a moment. I doubt many of us would have held onto that ball. The Miami guy made a great play.

Edited by TNB

We might have hated Franks for his fair catches but I don't think he's ever done what Douglas did. At least Franks would call fair catch and we'd be 100% sure that the ball is cleanly caught and we'd have possession.

This is what I said ALL LAST YEAR and people just dismiss it. They take just assume that 100% we will have a possession like fumbles and muffs dont happen. For all the SH!T ppl gave Franky he made good decisions on when to catch the ball (not catching balls inside 10yd line with no defender already there like HD) And when he did catch the ball it stayed in his hands. And if it was safe we would get some return yardage.

I love having Douglas do it. Id rather a guy take chances and try to make a play rather then Franks watch the ball bounce by every dam time and have it downed within the 5yd line twice a game. We had horrible field position every time he was back to return. I am not even an HD fan but won't be so short sighted and overreact about a fumble. He made a bonehead move , he owned up to it , move on.

1, I'm not a HD fan, (he did have a bad game with a big drop too)... 2, looking at those replays, what are his blockers, or should I say observers doing, certainly not their jobs...I do blame our Special Teams coach! If our "strenghts" coach Fish can be canned after week 2, why not put the coals to the fire & send another packing. Our Special Teams are not that "Special".

1, I'm not a HD fan, (he did have a bad game with a big drop too)... 2, looking at those replays, what are his blockers, or should I say observers doing, certainly not their jobs...I do blame our Special Teams coach! If our "strenghts" coach Fish can be canned after week 2, why not put the coals to the fire & send another packing. Our Special Teams are not that "Special".

I think it was his first PR where he got trough a seam and if he had any sort of blocking help could have turned that into a big gain maybe even a TD.