What Happened To The Fire Mike Smith Had?

Miller2Rison

when smith became our hc in 2008, he would gamble, he would get in refs faces,fight players on the sidelines. what happened to that fire? smith would go for it on 4th downs with a rookie qb and convert. now he doesnt even try to draw a team offsides inside the 5 on 4th and 1. im not a fire ms guy but where did the fire he had go?

He may be on meds for his ticker that have changed his personality.

He could have watched himself act a fool and decided to tone it down.

Perhaps he has a script he goes by based on percentages in every situation.

He took a ton of heat for failed 4 and 1's and perhaps decided to go to plan B.

Whatever it is I like the old model because he showed confidence in his players.

He said I think you can do this and if you don't I will take the heat! He was a fun

Coach because you knew he was going for the win. We aren't seeing much of that

lately. He is smarter and more calculated but I like it when the old model shows up.

when smith became our hc in 2008, he would gamble, he would get in refs faces,fight players on the sidelines. what happened to that fire? smith would go for it on 4th downs with a rookie qb and convert. now he doesnt even try to draw a team offsides inside the 5 on 4th and 1. im not a fire ms guy but where did the fire he had go?

EXACTLY! I keep saying this all the time! What happened to that guy? I haven't seen that guy since 2010. Did the Aaron Rodgers debacle scare the **** out of him that much that he still hasn't recovered from it?

I think he still has that fire. It is just not as hot as it used to be. Maybe because of postseason failures, losses to Saints, and heart breaking losses like they had yesterday.

The season is still young and he just needs to get the team back winning again and back into playoffs.

I don't know what happened but the only reasonable explanation is that in 2008 we had nothing to lose. Now we have everything to lose and we're playing not to lose it. Instead of stepping on the top rung of the ladder to grab the strap, we're standing on next rung down and hoping to slap the other guys trying to climb.

so roger goodell made him get rid of it? NOW i understand! "if u coach with confidence, get into fights, defend your players, challenge plays, u will be fined and suspended" how about we start making some fire Roger Goddell threads? can you fire the commisioner?

The owners indeed have the power to impeach Roger Goodell if they ever wanted to but that would never happen because of how much money the owners are making since Goodell took over.

Guest fibonacci

and maybe he doesn't need to have the anger. he is laid back in the first half, he just needs to keep it up.

I see Mike Smith changing it up. yesterday I was wanting change, this morning still upset, and now I have my faith,