There Is No Difference Between Last Years Team And This Years Team.

J-Wall

Offense so far hasn't had that clutch mentality that last year's team had going late into games. Frankly though well over 100+ rushing yards, no sacks allowed and even gifted a few turnovers should have allowed us to win by 10. Yesterday was just a combination of bad luck (like Harry's fumble), poor time management and a failure to understand the critical need for touchdowns over field goals. All fairly correctable however certainly nothing that need to correlate into a trend.

Too many injuries on offense. Right now Julio is the only weapon Matt has that's balling out. Roddy's ankle has rendered him all but invisible, I've caught Tony sucking wind in the second half of the past few games, and Harry??? I don't know about Harry. He comes and goes. Yesterday, he was pretty invisible... that is when he wasn't fumbling punt returns.

On defense, I actually think the unit has the potential to be better than last years, but they're gonna have a steep learning curve. Last year's D featured more veterans and a brand new scheme that no one was prepared for. That scheme's got 21 games worth of film on now, so it's got to be about the execution now

Well, the biggest difference this year is.............Fan Expectations. It was HUGE all off season and by game 1.............off the charts. That in itself is leading to the HORRIBLE feeling of most fans. They expected a Porsche 911 Turbo and Santa brought a used Toyota Camry. Sadness and anger everywhere.

Too many injuries on offense. Right now Julio is the only weapon Matt has that's balling out. Roddy's ankle has rendered him all but invisible, I've caught Tony sucking wind in the second half of the past few games, and Harry??? I don't know about Harry. He comes and goes. Yesterday, he was pretty invisible... that is when he wasn't fumbling punt returns.

On defense, I actually think the unit has the potential to be better than last years, but they're gonna have a steep learning curve. Last year's D featured more veterans and a brand new scheme that no one was prepared for. That scheme's got 21 games worth of film on now, so it's got to be about the execution now

I thought HD signaled fair catch, and then decided to run it after all.

I thought HD signaled fair catch, and then decided to run it after all.

He was waving everyone off. I don't know what the Falcons codeword is, but every team has one on punt return where the returner yells "Peter", or "fire" or something like that, telling everyone to get away so they don't get hit by the ball. Where he effed up yesterday, and has been effing up all this season, was that he let the ball hit the turf instead of fielding it cleanly.

Yesterday it looked like he made the decision early to let the ball hit the turf and just roll and let the Dolphins down it. At the last second it looked he thought he could get a few yards so he decided to field it and it bit him in the a $$.

That's the part of 4th quarter rallying that sucks. Sometimes you get it done, sometimes you don't.

Last year, we made it happen (ignoring the NFCCG). Thanks to good play on our part sometimes, and bad play by our opponents at other times. And a few games it was just plain God-sent luck.

This year, we've caught the short end of that stick twice. But we honestly never should've found ourselves in that position either time.

We've got to stop throttling in the third quarter. I don't know how to rectify that. Not sure if it's a conditioning issue, or a complacency issue, or a save-what's-left-in-the-tank issue, or a "heart" issue. Not ready to peg it as a coaching issue yet.

Edited by The Falchemist

As of right now we are playing pretty much the same type of football but are not getting the same bounce we got last year. That's really the difference this year. Last year we would sneak a lot of games out but this doesn't look like we will be able to do that.

the 49ers look worse than last year and they went to the SB.