Turn Negatives Into Positives?

XXVIII-III

Think of it like this, we NEEDED these losses. We NEEDED this rough early start. The past few years, we've gotten a lot of breaks and have had an inflated record because of them. The lack of losing games seems to make the coaches think that thry should keep doing what they're doing. Now, with these losses and injuries and all the adversity, I believe it will either force this coaching staff to evolve (looking at you, Smitty) or show extreme stubborness which could lead to a coaching change at the end of the year. I thonk we will grow from this and break through the conservative coaching dillema. Smith lost his pair after those failed 4th down in the playoffs a couple of years ago. This situation we are in will remind him that he needs to grow them back...

If we can learn and adjust, which we seem to have been doing in other problem areas up to this point (OL, DL, LBs, run game), I think we'll be fine.

This may be the first week where the staff has to swallow that there are actual issues in the offense (beyond the OL). Praying that they, along with the secondary issues, will be addressed and corrected like the others have been.

I think the OP is taking a fair minded approach. Nobody can deny the fact that we have a way of making every game much too close. Irregardless of our level of competition, we seem to find a way to blow leads and have to make a nail-biting final comeback. Whether it's turnovers, getting too conservative, making adjustments, or a lack of a killer instinct, this trend needs to end. Blowouts by the falcons are much too rare. I realize there is heavy parity in the league but wow we are now being tested to see what kind of grit this team has.