With Bitterness, I Retract My Comments Regarding Saints

SyCo

LOL That's why I didn't say sh1t about the Saints in my other threads. Was waiting to see how their defense would perform. Didn't know if they would be top 5, or bottom 5.

Basically an entirely new defense that HC/OCs out there had zero tape on. Will be interesting to see if they can keep that pace up the entire year.

I'll add my early in the year congrats and the only reason I'm adding that disclaimer is that I'd like to see more of a sample size of how your D looks against consistently good offensive teams. The win against Atl was your D-line owning our O-line, so kudos for that.

In weeks 5-6, NO is @ Chi and NE - that will be a better barometer than TB and Zona. But man, NO's schedule in weeks 10-14 = Dal, SF, @ Atl, @ Sea, Car; what a stratch of games!

People forget that as bad as NO's D was last year, they did improve in the seocnd half and I think last year was a case of the D never understanding, accepting, believing or executing Spag's scheme. Now they have a new DC whose scheme may fit the personnel better.

The year NO won the SB - you could move the ball on their D but they had hellacious blitzes on 3rd down, they generated a shytload of turnovers, and (I'd have to check the stats to confirm this) I think they had a decent red-zone D. So while they gave up yards, often those yards would result in FGs, and they almost always seem to win the turnover battle - now add their O and hello SB!

NO does not need Rob Ryan's dad's D of the 1986 Bears to be a success this year. They just need to improve a little bit, even middle of the pack, and NO is a serious threat in the NFC, there's no question about it.

Edited by Bart2Ryan+beyond

Guest fibonacci

You mean like we will have no pass rush since we lost Will Smith , "the Saints best player on defense". Lol

Your back on ignore. I never said Smith was the best. I said he was good and thought his move showed desperate need at a 3-4 LB.

Anyhow I'm stopping my conversation with you. You twist, your desperate, and you have a hard on for me. You need help badly. And the saints fan base is even calling you out.

It won't bee long until a saint fan pins a thread saying to ignore big Azz.

I'll add my early in the year congrats and the only reason I'm adding that disclaimer is that I'd like to see more of a sample size of how your D looks against consistently good offensive teams. The win against Atl was your D-line owning our O-line, so kudos for that.

In weeks 5-6, NO is @ Chi and NE - that will be a better barometer than TB and Zona. But man, NO's schedule in weeks 10-14 = Dal, SF, @ Atl, @ Sea, Car; what a stratch of games!

People forget that as bad as NO's D was last year, they did improve in the seocnd half and I think last year was a case of the D never understanding, accepting, believing or executing Spag's scheme. Now they have a new DC whose scheme may fit the personnel better.

The year NO won the SB - you could move the ball on their D but they had hellacious blitzes on 3rd down, they generated a shytload of turnovers, and (I'd have to check the stats to confirm this) I think they had a decent red-zone D. So while they gave up yards, often those yards would result in FGs, and they almost always seem to win the turnover battle - now add their O and hello SB!

NO does not need Rob Ryan's dad's D of the 1986 Bears to be a success this year. They just need to improve a little bit, even middle of the pack, and NO is a serious threat in the NFC, there's no question about it.

Right now, the Saints NEED the defense to be what it is. The offense isnt clicking like normal.

The Saints have a rough schedule this year.

Three 3-0 teams in a row before the bye! Then we get Buffalo and the Jets. Neither seem to be real tough but ya never know. Thats when we hit that BRUTAL stretch. If we can go 6-2 at the worst going into that stretch and I think we'll be ok. Dallas and San Fran at home helps, then the 11 day rest to go to Seattle, which is one of the toughest places to win.

How they come out of this run will definitely tell how the season will finish.

Right now, the Saints NEED the defense to be what it is. The offense isnt clicking like normal.

The Saints have a rough schedule this year.

Three 3-0 teams in a row before the bye! Then we get Buffalo and the Jets. Neither seem to be real tough but ya never know. Thats when we hit that BRUTAL stretch. If we can go 6-2 at the worst going into that stretch and I think we'll be ok. Dallas and San Fran at home helps, then the 11 day rest to go to Seattle, which is one of the toughest places to win.

How they come out of this run will definitely tell how the season will finish.

Your O will begin to click like normal - I see 11-5 in your future and likely a NFCS title, but I agree that 5 game stretch will decide a lot and 3 of them are in the dome.

Your back on ignore. I never said Smith was the best. I said he was good and thought his move showed desperate need at a 3-4 LB.

Here is some of what you said so factually speaking:

I remember when I used to say things like this...... and then it hit, "**** no one ever says it when we face them". So many times in the 2009 season we would barely win and eople would shut it; but when the other team won, well they talked a ton of crap and could careless half of our starting players were sitting out due to injuries.

The saints were delusional anyway rob Ryan is no savior. He had way better talent with the cowboys and their d was average most games. He and his brother have been gliding by on their daddy's name for too long.

I cannot wait to see how their D will be this year.

No smith, and now no Vilma. and they are trying to go 3-4. It will be a bunch of chickens running around with their heads cut off.

- I know Vilma has been out, but you can tell what it meant to the D last year.

- I know Smith was going to be moved, but he could stop the run.

- And that shows how desperate they are.

so he was correct when he said he never claimed Smith was the best

do you always go out of your way to prove the people you are arguing with so totally right?

Actually he said that word for word, I haven't found it yet, but I do have a photographic memorY so won't take much longer. Would you like to put some $$$ on it since you're so positive I'm wrong?

Actually he said that word for word, I haven't found it yet, but I do have a photographic memorY so won't take much longer. Would you like to put some $$$ on it since you're so positive I'm wrong?

I didn't say that I am positive that you are wrong. You are the idiot who brought 'evidence' into a debate that didn't even pertain to the actual debate so don't get your jimmies rustled when I point out your shortcomings

I didn't say that I am positive that you are wrong. You are the idiot who brought 'evidence' into a debate that didn't even pertain to the actual debate so don't get your jimmies rustled when I point out your shortcomings

Well if you read the preface, it says "here is SOME of what you said", I didn't say here is word for word proof. Thought that was clear enough, Mr [racial slur] 3.0