Forrayed Over Into Taft

SaintsFanInLA

Wow. There is LOT of cliff- jumping going on over there.

Is like people don't realize that the season is a LONG one. There is an awful lot of football left to be played. All sorts of streaks are yet to happen: both losing and winning. Injuries and lucky breaks are BOUND to happen.

There are 13 weeks of the regular season left and people want the coach fired, certain players gone and have "given up" watching the team.

I guess winning and expectations have spoiled a few but the NFL is a tough place to get wins.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You do know.. there is cliff jumpers even when we win. Its the nature of TATF`s. People are gonna argue, but losing brings out the best in the them.

I always love the "yadda yadda im not buying season tickets or rooting for this stupid team" posts. Only to sit countless hours every day going there to say the same thing every day for hours on end.

Ive think some of them have been arguing so long they have actually became freinds who do nothing but fight.

Is like people don't realize that the season is a LONG one. There is an awful lot of football left to be played. All sorts of streaks are yet to happen: both losing and winning. Injuries and lucky breaks are BOUND to happen.

There are 13 weeks of the regular season left and people want the coach fired, certain players gone and have "given up" watching the team.

I guess winning and expectations have spoiled a few but the NFL is a tough place to get wins.

Yeah, TATF gets bad after a loss, there are certain "Falcon fans" that take delight in the Falcons losing.

Excellent post, and very true. Honestly though SR is the same way, have you ever read a game day thread after a team scores A TD in the first quarter, yikes! I just think it's the nature of most fans, over celebrate wins and overreact to losses.

The Falcons will be fine, they will be a team that will probably still have double digit wins and be in the playoffs. Adversity happens, how a team responds to it is what shows the true character of an organization.

you know, the falcons are incredibly frustrating to be a fan of. they do just enough to suck you in, then crush you in the most unexpected way. the ones who are losing their **** are obviously new to the wagon, and don't understand the cycle.

ive seen this donkey show before, ill just be calm, and expect a bad showing, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

you know, the falcons are incredibly frustrating to be a fan of. they do just enough to suck you in, then crush you in the most unexpected way. the ones who are losing their **** are obviously new to the wagon, and don't understand the cycle.

ive seen this donkey show before, ill just be calm, and expect a bad showing, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Exactly!!!!!

You dont become a falcon fan because we are sure bets to win the ring. A team that have never won one is more likely gonna end in heart break.

Your either a soldier with this team that can survive the ups and downs that is the falcons history. Before Smith we never had back to back winning seasons. Thats not a bandwagon to jump on if you cant handle losing.

The media barely respects us. Vick set the franchise back 50 years.

Nope if your a Falcons fan, you take the bad with the good. Even when things are going good, you know the bad is coming. It always does. You hold your breath for that 1 day. But you dont get your hopes up, because your more likely to get heart broken if you go all in.

Prior to '09, this PERFECTLY described being a Saints fan.

I don't think Vick set you guys back farther than Petrino but then again you guys got Smith and started the winningest time in your franchise.

Vick did. That will always be the key point to why petrino jumped. He lost Vick as a starter and got joey Harrington.

We needed to clean house, but we saw some player fan faves leave. Like crump. But its falcons history. To us its just another talking point.

Take bad should have thought us to enjoy the good that much more. But for many it didn't. they just wait for the next bad thing to happen because they expect it.

I don't get that, Danight. Since Vick and Petrino, you've had a 13-3 record twice and been to the NFCCG where you were realistically one play away from the Super Bowl.

Forget the Smith era stuff. Petrino and Vick happened right before that. Vick opened the book on how to destroy a franchise, Patrino just added a extra chapt or 3 to the book, Vick wrote.

Dont confuse me for some depressed fan. Im not. I get it. If i was hit like HD was i would have fumbled also. Crap happens. Weeks over time to move on to the next challenge. Thats the way i see it.

Hopefully we dont get any more injuries.... at some point we may start looking like the preseason roster.

edit: forgot to mention why the vick/patrino stuff is relevant. Because it Happened not to long ago. Its still fresh in a lot of fans minds. But yet some have forgot how easy it to lose every week but how hard it is to win.

Most of all some people really like watching Jerry springer.... and they wanna have their springer mental breakdown moments on TATF`s. It is what it is.

Then when we start winning they will sing a different song then vice versa and vice versa again... its just the way it is.

Prior to '09, this PERFECTLY described being a Saints fan.

Which gives me hope as a Falcons fan. Falcons finally have a good GM and coach at the same time, a franchise QB, and some talent on the rest of the roster. Injuries and inexperience on the Oline have taken their toll and caused a slow start this season, but it's still early.

Actually expect a win next week [no BTB losses since 09], then they play the Jets at home, should be 3-2 going into the bye, with an extra week to prepare for Tampa- Falcons could get healthy, literally and metaphorically , over the next few weeks. Saints aren't going 16-0,by Dec, could be a real race for the division.

See there is a problem with this season for me.

my first born is due in January and my fiancee and myself made an agreement that whichever team is winning at the time then Connor will go home or wear the baby clothes of that team until next season.

she is a cowboys fan......

god help me!

Poor kid.

Falcons and Cowboys, WOW, not a good fan base to grow up in!!!! lol jk

Congrats on the baby coming

I guess my point is, you've said that Vick destroyed the franchise for 50 years yet on the heels of all of that stuff, you guys have had back-to- back winning seasons for what like 3-4 or more straight years? You've had more winning than ever in your franchise.

You haven't even had to wait 5 -10 years, to start winning. And you've been in the playoffs constantly. So, I don't get the whole room and gloom Vick A-bombed us thing.

Edited by SaintsFanInLA

Saints fans had it made last year... After every lose they just start crying about BG stuff instead of focusing on the game. Got their minds off it.

Then by the time the BG stuff wore off, they had the falcons going into the playoffs to look forward to. Hey nothing makes saints fans happier than seeing the falcons strike out in the first game of the playoffs. So once again it gave them distractions from their season.

We have nothing... but knowing everyone we like is on life support and this is probably Tonys last season.

I guess my point is, you've said that Vick destroyed the franchise for 50 years yet on the heels of all of that stuff, you guys have had back-to- back winning seasons for what like 3-4 straight years? You've had more winning than ever in your franchise.

You haven't even had to wait 5 -10 years, to start winning. And you've been in the playoffs constantly. So, I don't get the whole room and gloom Vick A-bombed us thing.

You mis understood what i ment. I didnt mean he tainted the next 50 years. I ment he basically crapped on the entire franchise and destroyed it. It will probably take 50 years before the media stops talking about that.

We even got the pity card from the media. They where given us the winless season and saying "its understandable" and "they might get lucky and win 3 games though".

Vick the leading jersey seller in the NFL, the face of the franchise, the human highlight real, the house hold name that every non football fan knew was a falcon player.

He grew up right down the road from me. He actually went to my high schools worst rival school. Then there is Marcus.....sheeesh.

Vick had the ability to turn the entire state of Va from being a redskin adopted state to falcon country. He just fumbled it away and gave it back to the skins.

Ryan will have to become like Payton manning to erase the devastation Vick did to the falcons franchise history.

Vick made Greg williams seem like a saint.

get it see what i did there :) ohhh thats a good 1 i should trademark that.

Poor kid.

Falcons and Cowboys, WOW, not a good fan base to grow up in!!!! lol jk

Congrats on the baby coming

thankfully she isn't a Saints fan, she would be teaching our son "Who Dat" and I would have to threaten to kill him if he didn't learn the correct term for "Who is that?"

**** bobby boucher

but in the waterboy i think they said:

who der?

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/3986406-did-anyone-watch-the-saint-game-yesterday/

I watched it. If Arizona had an offense at all, they win that game. Saints had a handful of nice plays, I mean nobody can stop Graham, but Arizona's D played very well. Carson Palmer was garbage all day, he played much better for the Raiders.

Yep. Run game is worse. Colston looks a little better but as a whole, receivers are iffier than 2012.

Not to mention, Cardinals D is pretty slept on.

Payton being back is definitely that X-factor, but they've still got quite a number of glaring deficiencies on that squad.

Saints have a good team, bottom line

Not really.They have Drew Brees.

The Cards were stopping their run game, but couldn't get to Brees on most passing downs. Palmer couldn't complete a pass to save his life and the only WR they have worth a darn is Fitz and he wasn't 100%.