Ryan Tannehill

Andre5000

Is he really that good? He looked like Joe Montana on the last drive.. The answer is ...NO I think we would make Blaine Gabbert look good . Look how bad Kaepernick is this year.. He looked like Johnny Unitas vs our D last year. Kaepernick was a one trick pony , but his trick is done. Jake Locker looked like Dan Fouts in preseason vs our D. Wonder how Tom Brady will do this week? hmmmm Maybe like TOM BRADY?

Is he really that good? He looked like Joe Montana on the last drive.. The answer is ...NO I think we would make Blaine Gabbert look good . Look how bad Kaepernick is this year.. He looked like Johnny Unitas vs our D last year. Kaepernick was a one trick pony , but his trick is done. Jake Locker looked like Dan Fouts in preseason vs our D. Wonder how Tom Brady will do this week? hmmmm Maybe like TOM BRADY?

What are your thoughts on Tannehill? Why dont you feel he is a good QB?

He has progressed tremendously for us and has all the physical tools you could ask for in a QB. Hes going through his reads, keeping his eyes down field (sometimes to a fault), and isnt afraid to stick it into tight windows. And for a guy that lacked experience, hes had a ton of poise and confidence...

What are your thoughts on Tannehill? Where do you think he currently stands as a QB? And if you dont feel he is a good QB, what do you feel he needs to improve upon to become one? (I think pocket manipulation is his biggest weakness currently)

Actually, Kaepernick looked like a Joe Montana against GB in the first game too. looks like sophmore slump is on the way.

Russel Wilson looked like a crap in the first 2 games too (I think even street kid would look like a Tom Brady against Jags this year)

True.. i think peeps have figured Kaepernick out. he sort of aims the ball to me

What are your thoughts on Tannehill? Why dont you feel he is a good QB?

He has progressed tremendously for us and has all the physical tools you could ask for in a QB. Hes going through his reads, keeping his eyes down field (sometimes to a fault), and isnt afraid to stick it into tight windows. And for a guy that lacked experience, hes had a ton of poise and confidence...

What are your thoughts on Tannehill? Where do you think he currently stands as a QB? And if you dont feel he is a good QB, what do you feel he needs to improve upon to become one? (I think pocket manipulation is his biggest weakness currently)

I guess living in Miami so many years and having so many friends from there and they always said he blew.. I still read the Herald. But he obviously is improving. I thought it was a "reach"pick myself. BUT he def has a great arm and looks like he has a ton of poise. I would have been at the game if not for a horrible concussion i suffered 3+ weeks ago and i still have ringing in my ears and couldnt handle crowd noise or an airplane flight.

I guess living in Miami so many years and having so many friends from there and they always said he blew.. I still read the Herald. But he obviously is improving. I thought it was a "reach"pick myself. BUT he def has a great arm and looks like he has a ton of poise. I would have been at the game if not for a horrible concussion i suffered 3+ weeks ago and i still have ringing in my ears and couldnt handle crowd noise or an airplane flight.

They always said he blew? Last year was his rookie season? He hasnt been around that long, lol.

He definitely seems to be throwing his hat in the ring with the notorious QB class he was drafted in last year...

They always said he blew? Last year was his rookie season? He hasnt been around that long, lol.

He definitely seems to be throwing his hat in the ring with the notorious QB class he was drafted in last year...

Yeah, they did say he blew. Luke on the Sports Radio Show in Miami ragged on him a lot. I think he's def winning people over.. He doesn't seem to make dumb mistakes and has good touch.

Tannehill took a beating yesterday and is a fighter.

Yeah, we put a lot of hits on him. He's got a strong accurate arm and when his initial read is there, he's money. He's not real good at improvising, so if you can change up post snap what he reads pre-snap, you can get to him. I'm sure he'll get better at that.

Tannehill is a decent QB, like they say, he has a very nice skill set. His biggest weakness IMO is pocket presence, he needs to feel some of those hits coming... he figures that out and he is going to be a very good QB in this league. We make it way to easy on QB's... the ball has a better chance of hitting the ground on a handoff than it does on a short crossing pattern vs. McClain, Decoud or Dent...

Tannehill is a decent QB, like they say, he has a very nice skill set. His biggest weakness IMO is pocket presence, he needs to feel some of those hits coming... he figures that out and he is going to be a very good QB in this league. We make it way to easy on QB's... the ball has a better chance of hitting the ground on a handoff than it does on a short crossing pattern vs. McClain, Decoud or Dent...

wonder what happened to the WR they had from Hawaii? Cant remember his name..

I think the main difference from an "elite" QB and a good QB is mostly consistency of effectiveness. When we had the lead in the 3rd quarter I was thinking, the difference in this game is that Matt Ryan is the better QB (because they have us beat in most other areas).

Then Tannehill turned it on for the win in the 4th. All NFL QBs are good or they would not be playing in the NFL. They are all capable of moments of greatness.

We saw this maturation with Ryan, but Tannehill will have to get much better before we can expect him to constantly play like he did that last drive for a full game.

You can literally count on one hand how many big completions (first downs or big gains) have been made against anyone besides those three this year. Teams have already got the weak links picked out on our D and they just attack them. Alford has been tremendously better than McClain so far, especially in man coverage... Alford should be the NB sooner than later - teams are picking on Bobbie Mac and it's obvious to everyone... At least our coaching staff is starting to figure out that Dent is horrid is coverage and had PDub (worrilow) in there in many passing situations. On the flip side they still think Nic can cover a TE one on one...

I don't know but until the Falcons pass defense improves I can see every game the rest of the season coming down to a last drive win or lose opportunity.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Passing

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-passing-yards-per-game

They are ranked 25th or 26th depending on what ranking your looking at, either way it's not a good place for your pass defense to be ranked.

You can literally count on one hand how many big completions (first downs or big gains) have been made against anyone besides those three this year. Teams have already got the weak links picked out on our D and they just attack them. Alford has been tremendously better than McClain so far, especially in man coverage... Alford should be the NB sooner than later - teams are picking on Bobbie Mac and it's obvious to everyone... At least our coaching staff is starting to figure out that Dent is horrid is coverage and had PDub (worrilow) in there in many passing situations. On the flip side they still think Nic can cover a TE one on one...

spot on.... except u neglected to add the "Decoud factor"

I assume because you saw that as an already established fact.