Lsu @ Uga

iQue

We all knew this would be a big game when the schedule was released. Initially I thought it would be a lot more winnable but with what Cam Cameron has done with the Tigers offense and how well the guys filling in for the departed players on defense are playing, this will be a tough fought contest. Are the Dawgs mentally and physically tough enough to win this game?

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it was North Texas but definitely glad to see the DL put up a good performance and hopefully they've gained some confidence moving forward. I just keep telling myself that we've been spending the since the bye prepping for LSU.

Edited by RxDawg

I know it was North Texas but definitely glad to see the DL put up a good performance and hopefully they've gained some confidence moving forward. I just keep telling myself that we've been spending the since the bye prepping for LSU.

Chris Mayes and Jonathan Taylor are big keys to winning this game to me

I'm not confident in this game. LSU has been one heck of a road team for years now. The Dawgs play at a different level at home, so that works in our favor... but I am very concerned about our o line matching up with their d line. I don't see Gurley having a big day. I think Murray will have to carry the offense.

Another big concern is our defense. They are a work in progress, but this will probably be the most physical offense we face all season. We've got to tackle better and do a better job in consistently stopping the run. LSU is predicated on running the ball, but Cameron has done a great job of mixing up the offense.

Should be a hard fought game. We owe LSU one from a couple years back. Let's get it.

UGA wins this easily 10 points or more. Trust me I picked Clemson to beat UGA then UGA to beat SC.

Also Ole Miss upset Bama!

Sure hope you're right... I wanna beat LSU something fierce.

I've called Ole Miss to upset either Bama or A&M. I think it's more likely they beat A&M, but anything could happen. As much as I despise Ole Miss currently, they are a tough team and will definitely upset someone this year.

I'm not confident in this game. LSU has been one heck of a road team for years now. The Dawgs play at a different level at home, so that works in our favor... but I am very concerned about our o line matching up with their d line. I don't see Gurley having a big day. I think Murray will have to carry the offense.

Another big concern is our defense. They are a work in progress, but this will probably be the most physical offense we face all season. We've got to tackle better and do a better job in consistently stopping the run. LSU is predicated on running the ball, but Cameron has done a great job of mixing up the offense.

Should be a hard fought game. We owe LSU one from a couple years back. Let's get it.

Ultimately I think it will be up to Murray whether or not we win. LSU's secondary is good but they gave up a lot of plays to Auburn. I think Gurley will make a difference, but LSU will try to make Murray have to beat them.

I have to think the defense has been preparing for this game the past 2 weeks. They will still give up points, but like against South Carolina, they will come up with big plays to stop LSU on key drives. I just hope our special teams plays flawless this time...

UGA wins this easily 10 points or more. Trust me I picked Clemson to beat UGA then UGA to beat SC.

Also Ole Miss upset Bama!

you also said the falcons woukd blow out the rams. And you have missed on more than a couple of your college picks. I think LSU take this one. I called the Clemson/UGA UGA/South Carolina Miami/UF game correct. But I also called A&M to beat Bama

Has anyone seen the Arkansas vs. Texas A&M line? A&M only favored by 3.5 points? Seems crazy to be that low. Am I missing something?

Does Arkansas have a potent offense? I have no idea as I've not watched them play. If so, and the fact that it's A & M's 1st road game I could see it. Their D is not that great.

Very concerned about this game. Really curious what Grantham does with the front 7. They need to be stout so I hope that means more big bodies in the game. Mayes looked good on a few plays I remember last week and I like some of what I've seen from Taylor and Johnson. I know they like to have Floyd, Clemons and Jenkins on the field a lot but two of those guys are pretty light. My confidence in the defense is low mainly because of the coaching at this point.

Offense probably needs to put up 35 to win this game. Hope they got all the sluggishness out against North Texas.

According to Rival's depth chart LSU starts three freshman and two sophmores on it's offensive line. I know the offense has been clicking but have they been tested and can Todd Grantham give them some looks to cause confusion. This is a game where he can make UGA fans and alumni believers.

It's gonna come down to how Murray plays. If he stays calm makes his reads and makes good throws we should be fine. The defense will make stops and give up points at times. LSU will stack the box to stop Gurley every play. Murray has to make good throws and receivers will have to make tough catches.

According to Rival's depth chart LSU starts three freshman and two sophmores on it's offensive line. I know the offense has been clicking but have they been tested and can Todd Grantham give them some looks to cause confusion. This is a game where he can make UGA fans and alumni believers.

Yeah, I was kinda looking at the matchups and thinking we should be able to make Mett very uncomfortable in the pocket. One thing Grantham has proven is that his schemes put pressure on the QB. So I think in passing situations we could have some success defensively. The concern there however is if our secondary can't cover SC receivers, then they might have a long day against LSU's receivers.

I'm really expecting to get gashed by the running game. But who knows, if we can disrupt that o line then we'll see.

I think the advantage of big game experience this season shouldn't be understated. LSU hasn't really played a big game like that - this will be Georgia's third. I didn't realize LSU's O line was so young. I'm just hoping for a hostile environment and that the D line looks like they did last week. Mettenberger is going to want to show out in Athens. Let's rattle him.