We're A 500 Team Right Now.

⚡Slumerican⚡

Honestly I got hyped up with the whole "we should win the Superbowl" marketing.. And bought into it.. But realistically we're a 500 team right now and I'm OK with that. If we pick up momentum and make the playoffs, good.. Team was just over hyped this off-season and they are teams much better then us now..

I actually feel much better after writing this XD.. Still love the Falcons also and in my heart want them to win the Superbowl.. But we shouldn't be favorites and all that any more.. They Falcons play better as underdogs any way.

Despite five winning seasons and being the No. 1 seed two of the past three years, this team still lacks an identity. It lacks a true on-field leader on defense. For all it's regular season accomplishments, this is a team that lacks self-confidence. This is a team that plays soft, a team that shies away from contact, a team that is much too willing to settle for FG's, a team much too willing to let opponents make the big play with the game on the line; too timid to fight and make the big defensive play themselves. This is a team that is too good to just collapse and return to bottom-feeder status, but not nearly good enough to compete successfully vs the top-tier teams. At present it seems like a team that is doomed to reside around .500, not bad enough to tear apart and rebuild, not good enough to get more than one play-off win per season. Welcome to Purgatory, Falcon fans.

Honestly I got hyped up with the whole "we should win the Superbowl" marketing.. And bought into it.. But realistically we're a 500 team right now and I'm OK with that. If we pick up momentum and make the playoffs, good.. Team was just over hyped this off-season and they are teams much better then us now..

I actually feel much better after writing this XD.. Still love the Falcons also and in my heart want them to win the Superbowl.. But we shouldn't be favorites and all that any more.. They Falcons play better as underdogs any way.

Funny thing is you're actually worse than .500. The other funny thing is your math.

Despite five winning seasons and being the No. 1 seed two of the past three years, this team still lacks an identity. It lacks a true on-field leader on defense. For all it's regular season accomplishments, this is a team that lacks self-confidence. This is a team that plays soft, a team that shies away from contact, a team that is much too willing to settle for FG's, a team much too willing to let opponents make the big play with the game on the line; too timid to fight and make the big defensive play themselves. This is a team that is too good to just collapse and return to bottom-feeder status, but not nearly good enough to compete successfully vs the top-tier teams. At present it seems like a team that is doomed to reside around .500, not bad enough to tear apart and rebuild, not good enough to get more than one play-off win per season. Welcome to Purgatory, Falcon fans.

i'm more optimistic than you, but we definitely are not as lofty as advertised.