This Presser Gave Me A Lot Of Hope Last Year, But It Does Seem Like Smitty\marty Ball As Usual

silentbob1272

I'm not a Mike Smith basher, and I remember the huge difference between what we were when he arrived and what we are now, but I think the second half collapses are becoming the norm rather than the aberration that we still like to kid ourselves into believing they are. When we went up by 10 yesterday, my first thought was we need more padding before the second half, and then realized that I was honestly dismayed that that was my initial impression of how the game was going.

Who remembers this presser last year?

Smitty said, "the team is just shy of elite level." Blank chimed in, "this team is not elite."

Blank also said that "Good is the worst enemy of great."

TD said that there weren't going to be any sacred cows, and Blank said, "but there might be some sacrificial cows."

We are good, we're not even close to great. Changes, either in Smith's philosophy, or halftime strategy need to happen. If not, then I am finally not opposed to the "we need a new coach" arguments. I used to think they were knee jerk whining. I swear that these collapses are changing my mind.

4 the past few years i think ive always said that our players were the better players, our team is the better team, but we ALWAYS GET OUT COACHED. even when we had Mularkey and BVG i said dam, this team is getting out coached. every week my blood pressure is threw the roof and im saying this "lead" isnt safe. i cant remember the last time i watched a falcons game and was confident that we had the game in the bag entering the 4th quarter.... i take the back last years giants game... other than that i cant remember!!!!! thats scary

I'm not a Mike Smith basher, and I remember the huge difference between what we were when he arrived and what we are now, but I think the second half collapses are becoming the norm rather than the aberration that we still like to kid ourselves into believing they are. When we went up by 10 yesterday, my first thought was we need more padding before the second half, and then realized that I was honestly dismayed that that was my initial impression of how the game was going.

Who remembers this presser last year?

Smitty said, "the team is just shy of elite level." Blank chimed in, "this team is not elite."

Blank also said that "Good is the worst enemy of great."

TD said that there weren't going to be any sacred cows, and Blank said, "but there might be some sacrificial cows."

We are good, we're not even close to great. Changes, either in Smith's philosophy, or halftime strategy need to happen. If not, then I am finally not opposed to the "we need a new coach" arguments. I used to think they were knee jerk whining. I swear that these collapses are changing my mind.

This press conference was TWO years ago btw.

Mike Smith has no killer instinct. That's his problem. His philosophy isn't to play to win, but to play not to lose and go as safe as possible.

No one in this organization has any killer instinct. That's why we keep putting average players on the field and even giving them contract extensions instead of cutting them. It takes injuries for a more capable backup to see playing time.