My Take, Time To Get Real Folks

ssippifalcon

Ok we lost, why?

Well there are a few reasons

1. And i hate to say this but its a true observation, "coaching" we played way to conservative, we got the run game going and we got it going good, but what did we do with it, nothing, we took one shot down field and we didnt take advantage of the play action. On top of that with the game tied we have a 4th and 1 for a first down and only 2 yards for the TD and mike smith sends out the field goal unit, this is a position where even if u dont punch it in you pin them on the goal line with the posibility of a safety. Thats too good of a position to be in not too go for it in a close game.

2. Redzone offense was subpar, and i blame alot of this on the play calling more than the players themselves.

3. Penalties, we really shot ourselves in the foot yesterday but with all the youth on the field it was expected to an extent, it wasnt too bad and i wouldnt consider it a reason we lost.

Defense was solid but there was some bad

1. Just like with the offense our redzone defense was terrible yesterday.

2. Thomas decoud, robert mcclain, and our linebacker play was subpar to say the least and massaquoi wasnt as good as we all hoped in his debute. Mcclain has been looking bad all season so far and its too the point that id like to see alford in the slot.

Now on the upside

1. Our oline with holmes on the left and trueblood on the right was a success. Matt ryan had time to throw in the pocket which upsets me more that we didnt take advantage of the passing game like we should have. Id consider all our recievers including julio underused even though he caught for over 100 yards. Too committed to the run

2. Quizz made me eat crow, i didnt think he had wat it took to feature as a starter and he went out and flat out proved me wrong and i have no problem admitting it, in space he made plays, hit at the line he found a way to push for yards, after contact he made them pay with determination, snelling also balled out yesterday but quizz really proved alot of ppl wrong yesterday.

3. Peria Jerry has quietly been balling, hes been making plays every game, osi showed up to play yesterday and our pass rush when not in the redzone was pretty good, we got to the quarterback. Bartu was one of the linebackers that really stood out and worrilow with only five or six snaps forced an interception.

I saw alot of good things going on yesterday but ultimately id say we lost because of bad play calling, the game plan was good but they were too commited to the run, probably because they werent certain of the oline but after a solid half of play you have make the adjustments to push the scoreboard and mike smith and this coaching staff stomped on their own toes.

Thats my take, what do you guys think.

I agree. I thought they played way to conservative in the red zone. I really don't think they expected that much protection. But they laid out a game plan and stuck to it. I just can't believe the Phins pulled it out. Not to beat a dead horse, but they have to stop trotting Nicholas out there and expect him to cover someone. he can't! McClain and DeCoud are driving me crazy, especially DeCoud.

U see how good this offense could be, the he did not have time to throw, he took all 3 step drops - to get ball out quick, and JJ still got over 100. ITs not because he has good protection, its because we gameplanned for it

i agree he got the ball out quick and im not saying he wasnt pressured at all but the oline play was noticeably better with holmes on the left and baker out of the game, and i didnt see a dropoff with holmes after the half.

I agree. I thought they played way to conservative in the red zone. I really don't think they expected that much protection. But they laid out a game plan and stuck to it. I just can't believe the Phins pulled it out. Not to beat a dead horse, but they have to stop trotting Nicholas out there and expect him to cover someone. he can't! McClain and DeCoud are driving me crazy, especially DeCoud.

yep i think the injury to spoon was our biggest loss to injury, and its bout time for roddy to come out and play, hes been hobbled with an injury but he should be almost healed by now.