Was Mcclain Bad Enough To Lose Job?

LVfalconfan

I didn't see Alford all day. Even after McClain was hurt. It seems they went with Trufant and Samuel in 4-3 and added McClain in nickel.

Fwiw...McClain seems to be our weak link at corner. Alford has the same downside but more upside. I thought all the high praise for McClain last year was a little premature. He had the great pick vs. Denver, and played pretty good at nickel. But thinking he was anything near a "lockdown" type guy was dreaming.

McClain has been nicked up in 2 games. I thought he blew his MCL yesterday but he came back. The guys doesn't quit and we have assante coming back from injury as well.

I think people are have a bad case of selective memory about McClain

sure he made some errors but so did ALL of the Defense

McClain did also make some very good plays --that if he had missed Miami would have had very big gains on

Somehow many fan ignore those plays--BUT they happened

i disagree, ive seen some good plays by mcclain, and i think that fans have seen them but his coverage ability this year in every game has been noticeably worse than last year. Maybe he steps up his game but i prefer a CB with great coverage over one that can get a sack every now and then. I hope he proves me wrong but right now he had a bad tackle and his coverage has been bad, and nobody is singling out just mcclain, ive seen nich, decoud dent as well as others taking heat on this board and I've called some out myself, i hope they all prove me wrong but reality is hard to see for serious homers. Edited by ssippifalcon

Everyone has an off game. I'll be the first to admit he looked terrible yesterday, but one bad showing isn't enough for me to say "LET'S BENCH HIM FOR THE ROOKIE" who really isn't all that well suited for the slot to begin with.

As mentioned, we've gotta get some better safety play. Hopefully when our rookie safeties are activated we can see better rotation and less botched play from our "Pro Bowl" duo.

Everyone has an off game. I'll be the first to admit he looked terrible yesterday, but one bad showing isn't enough for me to say "LET'S BENCH HIM FOR THE ROOKIE" who really isn't all that well suited for the slot to begin with.

As mentioned, we've gotta get some better safety play. Hopefully when our rookie safeties are activated we can see better rotation and less botched play from our "Pro Bowl" duo.

Exactly. I don't think people realize how hard it is to play slot. I do not want to see Alford in the slot at all. He was drafted to play man. Let him play man. Sucks that he was on the sideline all day yesterday though

I didn't see Alford all day. Even after McClain was hurt. It seems they went with Trufant and Samuel in 4-3 and added McClain in nickel.

Fwiw...McClain seems to be our weak link at corner. Alford has the same downside but more upside. I thought all the high praise for McClain last year was a little premature. He had the great pick vs. Denver, and played pretty good at nickel. But thinking he was anything near a "lockdown" type guy was dreaming.

Alford came in

He's already the #4 guy

no he's not

That doesn't mean he has been bad, just other have been better. He had a bad game yesterday but it happens to all players of all standard.

He allowed 3 Tds against Bradford and some no name receivers. I would say that that's bad. Allowed alot of completions in game 1 but I gave him a pass on that because it was Brees. But the Dolphins? There's no way 3rd and 4th string Wrs should be abusing him like that. What's going to happen if he lines up against Jordy Nelson or Welker?

To answer your question..... Yes ! Move B Mac to Dime and play Alford at nickle, he's earned it !!

And we need to do it while we still can afford to. They went after B Mac and Decouldn't early and often.

LOL okay. That's not how this works.

BobbyMac is versatile and interchangeable at dime and nickel. Alford is not.

Y'all would REALLY have a reason to fuss and cuss if that move were to be made.