One Thing I've Noticed With A Lot Of Teams

Dharma Initiative

When I watch other teams (like the Dolphins yesterday) there are a good number of times where a receiver is just standing there open. Not way down the field, but 5-10 yards out and no one is directly covering them. They make the catch, get a couple more yards.

It seems like our receivers ALWAYS have someone on their back. We never find busted coverage or get any seperation before Ryan throws it to them.

I know part of it is the bad o-line play, but the Dolphins o-line was worse than ours and that happened a few times for them.

When I watch other teams (like the Dolphins yesterday) there are a good number of times where a receiver is just standing there open. Not way down the field, but 5-10 yards out and no one is directly covering them. They make the catch, get a couple more yards.

It seems like our receivers ALWAYS have someone on their back. We never find busted coverage or get any seperation before Ryan throws it to them.

I know part of it is the bad o-line play, but the Dolphins o-line was worse than ours and that happened a few times for them.

I think its because we either zone or its against our LBs..... Either way its always up the middle.

I'm talking about more so that our offensive players never have any separation like a lot of receivers get on other teams. I was just using Miami as an example

With us this year its like that because of us not trusting our Oline so we are doing quick passes ... teams see that ... No need to give alot of space...\

Another reason is Roddy not healthy.. Nooooo team is scared HD will beat them so teams are keeping a safety over Julio so the CB can play press and not be scared of getting burnt and they bracket Tony G

#1. I liked that show Dharma and Greg. I'm not sure if that relates to your user name or not.

#2. You are right we have alot of injuries.

#3. Thank Buddha we have an early bye week and a lotta football games leftbiggrin.png

I firmly believe it's because we play so far off the WR's at the line. I think this drives me nuts more than just about anything we do.

That's a sign to me that we don't trust our safeties.

Well we've done it for years and have had the chance/s to upgrade if necessary and I haven't seen anything done. I think it's Decoud they don't trust. Moore isn't in coverage as much anyway and he is such a good hammer he has more flex room to screw up. Decoud's leash is tightening and will eventually help him hang himself. I don't wish our players to do bad but if you can't get it right you gotta go.

Watching the Broncos, I'd say it's because their QB's can wait longer in the pocket before having to throw it. Ryan has to throw it so quick, otherwise he gets hammered.

When we play a bad o-line and we still can't get pressure it is a double whammy for us with how far off we play to begin with. Recipe to let teams chip away late and get back into the game every time.