Thomas Decoud

msjacob25

I think that we are missing the biggest problem on the defense. Week in, and week out, we have to give up big plays in big spots because this guy is in the wrong spot. I said this before, the worst thing that has happened with decoud was him getting in the probowl. Now the perception is that he is a good safety, when he constantly f's up. That Touchdown to hartline he was out of position and the long run to miller he got caught up too far and whiffed again. This isn't counting the amount of missed tackles he has. Thank god Willymo is playing so well.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we are missing the biggest problem on the defense. Week in, and week out, we have to give up big plays in big spots because this guy is in the wrong spot. I said this before, the worst thing that has happened with decoud was him getting in the probowl. Now the perception is that he is a good safety, when he constantly f's up. That Touchdown to hartline he was out of position and the long run to miller he got caught up too far and whiffed again. This isn't counting the amount of missed tackles he has. Thank god Willymo is playing so well.

decoud played pretty poorlyboo.jpg

Edited by Nono

I said last year we should have traded him while his stock was high. We could've gotten a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a pro bowl safety with 6 picks.

I'll give you two more HUGE plays in which he cost us:

1) He was the first one on the ball during HD's fumble and had it stolen by their long snapper.

2) On one of the Dolphins key runs, I can't remember if it was their long run or if it was a TD, I think the TD. Babs had the rusher tackled at the LOS. But Decoud came in at an angle Keith Brooking style and knocked Babs off the tackle.

They were talking about the touchdown with the blown coverage on the radio post game. According to DJ, we were in cover two so the man was Decoud's responsibility. However it is ALSO Trufant's responsibility to at least BUMP the receiver so that the safety has time to reach the deep corner. Trufant never touched him. So I'll give Decoud a half-pass on that one. But overall the guy makes SOOOOO many boneheaded plays, week in and week out. It's very frustrating.

I said last year we should have traded him while his stock was high. We could've gotten a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a pro bowl safety with 6 picks.

I'll give you two more HUGE plays in which he cost us:

1) He was the first one on the ball during HD's fumble and had it stolen by their long snapper.

2) On one of the Dolphins key runs, I can't remember if it was their long run or if it was a TD, I think the TD. Babs had the rusher tackled at the LOS. But Decoud came in at an angle Keith Brooking style and knocked Babs off the tackle.

They were talking about the touchdown with the blown coverage on the radio post game. According to DJ, we were in cover two so the man was Decoud's responsibility. However it is ALSO Trufant's responsibility to at least BUMP the receiver so that the safety has time to reach the deep corner. Trufant never touched him. So I'll give Decoud a half-pass on that one. But overall the guy makes SOOOOO many boneheaded plays, week in and week out. It's very frustrating.

I'm gonna have to wacht that babs play again, I knew there had to be a reason he just kinda bounced off the RB...

Trufant was supposed to reroute the WR on that touchdown. It was actually not Decouds fault. Trufant will learn that, quickly.