Let's Revisit Our Schedule Shall We ?

Xfactor

Hmm I stated we would start off 1-4 after looking at our schedule and playing Smitty Ball. Now that we've seen our team and the other 31 teams let's revisit our projected W/L record.

We are 1-2, two games behind Sean Payton's undefeated Saints. I knew we had a tougher schedule and the injuries have been tough but great teams work through them and sadly that's not our real problem but Smitty Ball is another topic. I also stated I thought we could go either 10-6 or 9-7 I think I need to revisit our schedule.

Patriots- Should be a win but outcoached and Brady nuff said. Loss

Jets- Geno has confidence the D is a lot better than advertised close game at home. Win

Bucs- In shambles the coach has lost the team. Win

Cardinals- Worse than anyone thought even on the road. Win

Panthers- Play us tough even when we are hitting on all cylinders, we're not. Loss

Seahawks- They are the team to beat in the NFC playing lights out football home game doesn't save us here. Loss

Bucs- Sweep them this year get out the broom. Win

Saints- Throw out the records, at home could go either way but the way both teams are playing the Payton vs Smith factor. Loss

Buffalo- Changed comment playing in a dome makes this game easier in December Win

Packers- Green Bay at home in December nuff said. Loss

Redskins- Home game RG3 not the same forced to be a pocket passer D is swiss cheese. Win

San Fran- Playing on the road should be a revenge game and a win, it won't. Loss

Carolina- The team may mail this one in especially if we're out of the playoffs still they always play us tough. Loss

7-9 maybe 8-8 if we split with either the Saints or Panthers.

I'm sticking with 7-9

Does Blank give Smith a free pass? I can't forget how upset Blank was last year as much as I want Smith gone I don't know. Smith reminds me of Phillips can't adjust, looks lost, no killer instinct but a decent coordinator and that's where he belongs. /rant off

Let's keep this bumped post your predictions picking the games and a short description about the game and let's see who is the true AFMB Swami.

Edited by Xfactor

Interesting summary. Can't disagree with a lot of what you say. The Buffalo game is in a dome in Toronto so the weather won't be much of an issue there. I would like to think we split with the panthers and beat new Orleans at home. That still only gets us to 9-7. Ugh...

Thanks for the heads up smile.png

Pats, we win. We rarely lose two in a row, and now our team finally realized matt can't win them all alone.

Jets, win. But barely.

Bucs, win

Cards, lose.

Panthers, win.

Hacks, I mean hawks, lose

We beat bucs, saints and bills

Lose to pack, beat the skins, san fran and car.

10-6 or 11-5

Couple games could go either way. I think we start clicking after the bye.

Pats W home field never lost twice in a row

jets W easy blowout win

Bye

TB W bucs are in horrible shape

ARI W no running game, we win with our offense

Car W cam still sucks, we will beat them

Sea W they suck on road, huge difference away

TB W bring out the broom

NO W we get our revenge, 1 score difference

BUF W EJ Manuel will not beat us

GB L Rodgers will light our d up lose by 4

Was W RG3 isn't the same, sophomore slump

SF L? We can beat them they can also beat us

CAR W we clinch home field advantage

12-4 or 13-3 factoring SF game

Edited by J-RoC770

Will not lose to Carolina twice. We will not lose to N.O again. And San Fran is overrated this season. And by that time we will be playing better.

People need to quit crying.

No one's crying it's called a discussion on a message board put your record up or go to another thread.

/bump

Only games that worry me are Saints, Seahawks, and Pats.

GB is looking a little funny in the light this year. Same with Niners.

Bucs look like a plane crashed into a trainwreck, might as well tank for Teddy at this point.

CAR games could go either way, but even with as stout as their defense seems, I'm not overly concerned.

Everything else is pretty winnable. I'm holding out hope for an 11-5 / 10-6 finish. The real work begins in January.

Hmm I stated we would start off 1-4 after looking at our schedule and playing Smitty Ball. Now that we've seen our team and the other 31 teams let's revisit our projected W/L record.

We are 1-2, two games behind Sean Payton's undefeated Saints. I knew we had a tougher schedule and the injuries have been tough but great teams work through them and sadly that's not our real problem but Smitty Ball is another topic. I also stated I thought we could go either 10-6 or 9-7 I think I need to revisit our schedule.

Patriots- Should be a win but outcoached and Brady nuff said. Loss

Jets- Geno has confidence the D is a lot better than advertised close game at home. Win

Bucs- In shambles the coach has lost the team. Win

Cardinals- Worse than anyone thought even on the road. Win

Panthers- Play us tough even when we are hitting on all cylinders, we're not. Loss

Seahawks- They are the team to beat in the NFC playing lights out football home game doesn't save us here. Loss

Bucs- Sweep them this year get out the broom. Win

Saints- Throw out the records, at home could go either way but the way both teams are playing the Payton vs Smith factor. Loss

Buffalo- Changed comment playing in a dome makes this game easier in December Win

Packers- Green Bay at home in December nuff said. Loss

Redskins- Home game RG3 not the same forced to be a pocket passer D is swiss cheese. Win

San Fran- Playing on the road should be a revenge game and a win, it won't. Loss

Carolina- The team may mail this one in especially if we're out of the playoffs still they always play us tough. Loss

7-9 maybe 8-8 if we split with either the Saints or Panthers.

I'm sticking with 7-9

Does Blank give Smith a free pass? I can't forget how upset Blank was last year as much as I want Smith gone I don't know. Smith reminds me of Phillips can't adjust, looks lost, no killer instinct but a decent coordinator and that's where he belongs. /rant off

Let's keep this bumped post your predictions picking the games and a short description about the game and let's see who is the true AFMB Swami.

We will beat the Saints in the Dome where they don't have the Katrina refs. And you're nuts if you think we will drop two games to the Panties. Plus, I think we will beat New England this week.

I still say 10-6.

I see someone is Still having trouble getting over week one, interesting. Now back to my popcorn and enjoying the great meltdown from yesterday. I love going back and reading your season prediction threads it's almost as good as the great meltdown that's going on. Keep it going guys and Rise up!

We will beat the Saints in the Dome where they don't have the Katrina refs. And you're nuts if you think we will drop two games to the Panties. Plus, I think we will beat New England this week.

I still say 10-6.

It's looking like 9-7. Unlike a few here, I don't think we beat SF. It's their last game at candlestick before the stadium is demolished. It is a hugely emotional game for that team and fan base and I dont think we overcome that tide. Hopefully I'm eating crow in January.

But does 9-7 make the playoffs? In the NFC, highly likely not.

Edited by JerseyNo12

I don't like being 1-2 but I believe we lost to 2 pretty good teams that will make the playoffs this year. Considering that our starting RB, No1 WR, LT and probably the 2 biggest pieces of our defense I think the team is doing fairly well. Yes depth is an issue and yes I am not happy. I don't think that firing Mike Smith at this point is the issue. I still think 10-6 is a possibility starting with a win against the Pats

But does 9-7 make the playoffs? In the NFC, highly likely not.

Surprisingly, at this point, there are only 5 winning teams in the NFC. If the season ended today, a 1-2 NFC team with the same record as the Falcons would make the playoffs. In the AFC, there are 10 winning teams at this point, so the Falcons would be much further behind in the AFC.

I too think the NFC is stronger, but I also feel it is stronger top to bottom. In that sense, it could cause the top NFC teams to have worse records, even if the conference is stronger overall.