Falcon Fans You Got What You Wanted

slewis1952

You wanted to "pound the rock". Well, you got it with Quizz and Snelling

The passing game was a wash yardage wise and TD passing wise

You wanted time of poesession, well you got it big time

You wanted Ryan protected.... the Dolphins has no sacks

You wanted our defense to be aggressive... we had 5 sacks.

There is one thing missing. I wanted a coach to put us into position to win. If Coach Smith cannot figure out what is wrong in the second half with this team, then he is doing us no good. Since the two final games of last season and the first three of this year, we have lost second half leads in all 5 with the Seattle game the only victory. We are scared to go for fourth and one on their one. We play marshmellow defense every damned 4th quarter. But the killer is time out management. When Miami was obviously driving for some type of score after the two minute warning, we had 3 timeouts and could have stopped the clock after each of their plays. Why in the world did Mike Smith wait until 50 seconds was left to call one????? Why??? Can someone tell me??? Penalities killed us, Harry Douglas fumble killed us, and don't tell me it happens. Miami was dropping ball after ball including a potential TD pass so we had the table set. Once again, the table cloth was pulled out and things broke apart. I thought our offense and defense played ok. Again, we figured out a way to lose. This is coaching, pure and simple.

Edited by slewis1952

You wanted to "pound the rock". Well, you got it with Quizz and Snelling

The passing game was a wash yardage wise and TD passing wise

You wanted time of poesession, well you got it big time

You wanted Ryan protected.... the Dolphins has no sacks

You wanted our defense to be aggressive... we had 5 sacks.

There is one thing missing. I wanted a coach to put us into position to win. If Coach Smith cannot figure out what is wrong in the second half with this team, then he is doing us no good. Since the two final games of last season and the first three of this year, we have lost second half leads in all 5 with the Seattle game the only victory. We are scared to go for fourth and one on their one. We play marshmellow defense every damned 4th quarter. But the killer is time out management. When Miami was obviously driving for some type of score after the two minute warning, we had 3 timeouts and could have stopped the clock after each of their plays. Why in the world did Mike Smith wait until 50 seconds was left to call one????? Why??? Can someone tell me??? Penalities killed us, Harry Douglas fumble killed us, and don't tell me it happens. Miami was dropping ball after ball including a potential TD pass so we had the table set. Once again, the table cloth was pulled out and things broke apart. I thought our offense and defense played ok. Again, we figured out a way to lose. This is coaching, pure and simple.

I have been saying this since last year!!!!! He needs to go!!!!!!!! Mr.Blank go and get John Graudon!!!!!!!!

Idk anymore. Im doen with this team, sink or swim, its just hard watching them sink, knowing the cause is a cement block chained to their feet and they have the key. Who or what is the cement block?

I have to point at coaching. For years, our red zone woes have been present, for years the "complete" game syndrome or lack there of has been present, through all of that they have battled and fielded a darn good.team. We are riddled with injuries, yet we couldve still won the saints and dolphins games. The team is beating themselves, letting themselves sink and they have the key. Its coaching.

Even with bonehead plays like.the hd and julio fumble, we still couldve won both games. what do you do? Fire the best coach the falcons have had besides galnville and reeves? Who is his replacement? Will he change his.coaching appraoch and right the ship? Dont think he will, nfc championship shouldve been enough to wake him up.

Like I said sink or swim. Season is still young. Not giving up ever! Just hard to watch when the problem is so apparent. Fix redzone woes and stomp on teams throats and we are gucci baby!! How to go about that, idk.

This place sucks after a loss. Our two losses are on the road to two 3-0 teams. Admittedly, we should have won both games, but most good teams would be 1-2 with our schedule. We have 25% of our starters hurt or absent due to injuries and we still should be 3-0. In the meantime, the players who will have to hold us up later are getting the experience to do just that. I have no doubt we will make the playoffs, I'm still hoping we can win the division. I'm as p*ssed about the loss as anybody I know, but h*ll if I think that the season is shot based on what has happened so far.

But keep moping if it makes you feel better...

What? Blank gave Mora 2 collapsed seasons in a row before showing him the door. Smith has one losing season and he's outta here?

Expectations are much higher now. 5 straight winning seasons, 10 yards from a Super Bowl last year... if this doesn't improve.. who knows.

I would take Gruden over Smith though.

Expectations are much higher now. 5 straight winning seasons, 10 yards from a Super Bowl last year... if this doesn't improve.. who knows.

I would take Gruden over Smith though.

Expectations were high then too! Don't you remember all those "Mike Vick has turned the corner" articles lol. I still think it's silly to get rid of Smith after one potential losing season.