7-9 Is My Guess After Seeing The Game Yesterday

Nono

Get ready cause here it comes--playing in February---pfff yeah playing Madden or with yourself is all this team will be doing

There is plenty to fault and blame but the biggest problem is how in the **** can we continue to hit a wall at half time? Are we just being outcoached every week and the opposing team adjust and we get stuck in the mud? I see Ryan calling audibles what is the defense doing to adjust or improve? They can't stop anyone especially in the redzone. Its an automatic first down even if it is 3rd and long---this is not a winning team I don't care how many times you throw at Julio.

Where is Roddy and why is Tony G so average? I thought our offense was going to kill it. Why do our linebackers rarely make plays until it is 5 yards downfield?

I absolutley hate our defensive scheme--bend don't break. Its like playing prevent the whole game. Dam, lets get in their faces and hit some people and be the "dirty birds with tude"

Edited by Nono

We scored 13 points in the 1st half, 10 in the second (would have been 13 but for Bryant's missed FG). Yes, the offense stalled on some drives, and yes the defense ended up breaking instead of bending. On balance, what I see is not so much that we came out flat in the 2nd quarter of this game, but that we had some really key mistakes by some really key players. The one drive stalled because Roddy AND Harry dropped balls, and Holmes got a false start called against him. That's just one example. In the Saints game, we had the game won and Jackson dropped the game winner.

I don't know if that's a coaching problem or not. But at the end of the day, it's players not making plays. Whether the coaching staff can somehow motivate them to do so remains to be seen. Agree about the defensive scheme, but I'm afraid that's what we're going to get with the players we have.

We scored 13 points in the 1st half, 10 in the second (would have been 13 but for Bryant's missed FG). Yes, the offense stalled on some drives, and yes the defense ended up breaking instead of bending. On balance, what I see is not so much that we came out flat in the 2nd quarter of this game, but that we had some really key mistakes by some really key players. The one drive stalled because Roddy AND Harry dropped balls, and Holmes got a false start called against him. That's just one example. In the Saints game, we had the game won and Jackson dropped the game winner.

I don't know if that's a coaching problem or not. But at the end of the day, it's players not making plays. Whether the coaching staff can somehow motivate them to do so remains to be seen. Agree about the defensive scheme, but I'm afraid that's what we're going to get with the players we have.

I agree with most of what you say but 7 of our points was on a short field turnover then nothing--like you said players not making plays

there is almost a sense of entitlement look, like the team thinks they are going to the playoffs already

This the NFL and you get nothing unless you give 100% every play!!

Look it's possible to go 7-9; but lets not underestimate the effect of injuries. How many teams have lost their running back,LT, starting DE, starting OLB, #1 WR and played so competively? I can't think of one. If the injuries continue, I agree we're looking at a bad season. But lets see how it shakes out before we panic

Look it's possible to go 7-9; but lets not underestimate the effect of injuries. How many teams have lost their running back,LT, starting DE, starting OLB, #1 WR and played so competively? I can't think of one. If the injuries continue, I agree we're looking at a bad season. But lets see how it shakes out before we panic

I agree I am stilled pissed off but wow I didn't see this coming

I think 6-10

I think we are a good team but the injuries are to much, it is only game 3 and we are missing 6 starters for long periods of time. We are probably going to have more injuries as well.

Next off season TD BETTER make Oline and Dline a number 1 top priority, this includes Julio type trade if needed.

Edited by MAD597

I think 6-10

I think we are a good team but the injuries are to much, it is only game 3 and we are missing 6 starters for long periods of time. We are probably going to have more injuries as well.

Next off season TD BETTER make Oline and Dline a number 1 top priority, this includes Julio type trade is needed.

wow just wow! if that is true then heads roll

wow just wow! if that is true then heads roll

Na, no one is getting fired this year, the injuries are a legit excuse at this point. Even good teams have a bad year every once in awhile and you don't fire a coach or shake things up after a single bad year when you have suffered so many key injuries through only 3 games.

Next year though I can see some shakeup if we have 2 bad seasons in a row.

Edited by MAD597

There is definately a chance that we don't win the division or get a first round bye, heck maybe we squeeze in as a wild card. One thing that can be said is its usually the team that gets hot at the end of the season who wins in the post season. If we can just hold up until our injured players come back I think we can make a really strong push at the end of the season. Two teams I would not want to play in their house during the playoffs tho are the Seahawks and the Packers.