Fire Smith, Now Or Season Is Over

Guest stevefalcon

Guest stevefalcon

Frankly, Bozo the clown could coach better than Smith, I'd rather lose trying to win, than not trying to lose. At least you never know what Bozo might do, but you always know what Smith is going to do. On the first FG inside the 1yard line. I heard announcer they will probably go for it, ah wait here comes the kicker, that puts any doubt to what will happen next. As if there were any. At least you could line up try and get them to jump offsides....2min drill coming up for Miami, they had 3 time outs to burn. BTW they odds smitty loves so much say. 98% chance you score TD on the half yard line.

Frankly, Bozo the clown could coach better than Smith, I'd rather lose trying to win, than not trying to lose. At least you never know what Bozo might do, but you always know what Smith is going to do.

I'm extremely flattered by your confidence, but frankly, I don't know what I would do.

Smith's style of coaching is what it is. You're right, in that he's not going to change.

He has a winning record, and Mr. Blank is wiling to let football people run the team.

I remember hearing the same complaints about Dan Reeves (who took the team to the SB) until we were stuck with Jimmy Giggles and then Quitterino. Then the same complainers were wanting Reeves back.

We're not going to win every game. Some losses will be ugly. Sometimes we just get our butts handed to us.

It's called football, and it is a game.

That said, if the FO wants to give me a shot, I can be reached at BR-549.

He should have called time out a lot earlier than he did on their final drive, but it should never have come to that anyway. There is zero chance that Smith gets fired before the season ends.

With our schedule and Smitty ball does it matter ? I can wait till the end of the season it would be worth it to get a coach that would know how to utilize our talent and close out games.

Edited by Xfactor

The season is already over, hopefully Smith learns from this year and comes out less conservative next year. I know it's tough but every team goes through bad years, he is conservative because up until this point it has worked very well. Maybe a bad year might make him realize to change things up a little. He does need to grow as a coach but he has been very successful so far and firing him is not in the long term best interest for the team. Also TD needs to fully focus on oline and dline in the off season. He can no longer duck tape those things together.

Jeez, 1 dropped pass from being 2-1 and in control of the division.

Season is far from over, Falcons play much better at home, Pats aren't the juggernaut they once were.

Nobody is getting fired mid season- team would get worse.

Lots of new pieces and lots of young players right now. Let at least wait til half way through the season to evaluate.

Guest stevefalcon

Lol. Not happening. I just hope Smitty and the rest of the coaching staff does some self evaluation this week. Theres always room for improvement

I know it won't happen, and probably would be bad a decision. I wish we could dock his pay for every time he makes a puzzy call. 4th and 4 go for it, this D is not stopping no one. and has not for years. Why would you kic a field goal on what the 11 yard line? Bryant missed anyways and they got the ball on the 20. wouldn't have mattered even if he made it, it's only a 6 point game with just under 5min to play. just enough time to score a TD. I must be physic cuz I knew they would do that and we would be left with no time . not to mention FGS on the 1 yard line. dock him say 200,000 x 3 maybe he would do the right thing.

the whole season is an evolution from start to finish - this team has played hard, and right now they are playing through inexperience and injuries- not going for it on the road on 4th down is not a coaching mistake - its based on what nearly any other coach out there would do in that situation.

Its real easy to second guess after the fact - I want no huddle all the time - but the numbers say his style is working - how can you second guess that ?? Now if his style is demoralizing the team and they quit on him - then yes , its time for a change - but I see players out there doing what they can to win. It will come- The Seattle team every one is getting hard ons for - Russell Wilson is a gutty player - but his skill set is predicated to extending the play - Vick 2.0 - a marginal player getting the most out of what he has- and even they went through growing pains last year - maybe we need a forum for special head cases - see you guys back on the bandwagon next week - but please sit in the back and keep quiet .

the whole season is an evolution from start to finish - this team has played hard, and right now they are playing through inexperience and injuries- not going for it on the road on 4th down is not a coaching mistake - its based on what nearly any other coach out there would do in that situation.

Its real easy to second guess after the fact - I want no huddle all the time - but the numbers say his style is working - how can you second guess that ?? Now if his style is demoralizing the team and they quit on him - then yes , its time for a change - but I see players out there doing what they can to win. It will come- The Seattle team every one is getting hard ons for - Russell Wilson is a gutty player - but his skill set is predicated to extending the play - Vick 2.0 - a marginal player getting the most out of what he has- and even they went through growing pains last year - maybe we need a forum for special head cases - see you guys back on the bandwagon next week - but please sit in the back and keep quiet .

I'll agree on the inexperience and injuries and I do believe Smitty's built up enough credit that he is safe for a couple of years,but with those injuries and inexperience it means the by the numbers approach needs to be tweaked a little bit. When you lose games on the last possession you can always find where if a player made a play or if a coach made a different decision,could have brought out a different result. Regardless it is what it is

they need to get to 2-2 and take one game at a time,fortunately thats one thing this staff seems to do pretty well.

Jeez, 1 dropped pass from being 2-1 and in control of the division.

Season is far from over, Falcons play much better at home, Pats aren't the juggernaut they once were.

Nobody is getting fired mid season- team would get worse.

Lots of new pieces and lots of young players right now. Let at least wait til half way through the season to evaluate.

agreed, Falcons haven't lost back to back games under Mike Smith since 2009, I still have confidence in him to get this team turned around.

Wow. Just wow. It doesn't matter where you stand on Smith, firing your head coach in the middle of the season is a BIG no-no. Your thread sucks and you should feel bad about it. Now please shut up and go apologize to your mother.

Out of respect for my fellow posters and giving them an undeserved benefit of the doubt, I'll assume that most in the "Fire Smith" camp are at least sensible enough not to want him thrown out in the middle of the year.