I Would Like To Say One Thing

AREA 51

I will make this short, because of many fans criticizing the Falcons loss and placing blame in various places, accusations such as jumping off the bandwagon, lack of loyalty, abandoning the team, and worse have been used to question a fans realness. I do not know where this comes from. Some here, like me, have been watching the Falcons for a long, long time. 36 years in my case, and I am not sure what many of you would call that, but most might call it dedication.

Yes, many fans are upset and disappointed, but that does not translate to them turning their backs on the team. I have two teenage daughters who, at times, have also upset and disappointed me. I love them more than my own life, but I discipline them when necessary or discuss what I see them doing wrong, but my motive is always to try and correct the problems that I see as a hindrance to them living a happy life. It is criticism, in a way, of how they are doing things, but I do not think anyone would, or even could, interpret that as abandonment or me turning my back on them.

No one would dare equate the love for their children with that of football team, but nonetheless, the mechanisms are virtually the same.

There isn't anyone that uses this message board turning their back on the team. We're the most hardcore fans these Falcons have.

I'm just frustrated. We're close. So close. I think the D-line is looking much better. O-line was better than I expected this. Matt Ryan is a stud. He's really stepped it up these last two years.

There were mistakes today, given. A couple of catches here, a field goal there, we win.

The sky is not falling. Yeah, I'm frustrated with Mike Smith's play-calling. But then again, is it Mike Smith calling the plays? We can still come back and hopefully make the play-offs.

Positive: 5 sacks today.

Positive: We had a running game today.

Positive: Corners continue to develop.

Positive: Ryan is a *really* good QB.

I'm just frustrated. We're close. So close. I think the D-line is looking much better. O-line was better than I expected this. Matt Ryan is a stud. He's really stepped it up these last two years.

There were mistakes today, given. A couple of catches here, a field goal there, we win.

The sky is not falling. Yeah, I'm frustrated with Mike Smith's play-calling. But then again, is it Mike Smith calling the plays? We can still come back and hopefully make the play-offs.

Positive: 5 sacks today.

Positive: We had a running game today.

Positive: Corners continue to develop.

Positive: Ryan is a *really* good QB.

I agree 100%

Falcon coaches played this too carefully. They played not to lose, Miami played to win. You can't squander opportunities to put TD's on the board, and the Falcons do that on a regular basis. You let teams hang around and they just might find a way to come back and beat you. Falcons have to get more aggressive with their offense, take advantage of scoring opportunities or they're going to find themselves on the losing end of a lot more close games than they're accustomed to under Mike Smith.

Falcon coaches played this too carefully. They played not to lose, Miami played to win. You can't squander opportunities to put TD's on the board, and the Falcons do that on a regular basis. You let teams hang around and they just might find a way to come back and beat you. Falcons have to get more aggressive with their offense, take advantage of scoring opportunities or they're going to find themselves on the losing end of a lot more close games than they're accustomed to under Mike Smith.

we all know NOW who to put onus on. COACH SMITH has regressed big way. He's too conservative, rigid, gutless playcaller that's why he will never take us to next level which is LOMBARDI!

ryan is a good qb , but he ,too, had a bad 2nd half. at one time i heard wes on 94 say he was 2 for 11 at one time in the 4th qtr. he can't make up for all the slackers on both sides of the ball.i started going to games reguarly in 1977 during the Gritz Blitz era,a season tkt holder since 91'. you dang well can't call fans like us "bandwagon" fans. We've earned the right to be upset. After all these years and reading into these last 5 as FINALLY ready for the next step and now seeing it fall apart like a movie set prop he$$ yeah we're pi$$ed! It's starting to leak in too many places,from the top on down.

it's not just about W - L

it's how you play in those 60 mins. What character & attitude our team brings on game day on field matters.

Other teams including coaching staff ...PLAY TO WIN!! we PLAY NOT TO LOSE!

That's the fuking difference between us & our foes.

We still come out flat in 3rd qtr. Give costly penalties on pivotal moments during the game. "CHOKE" in red zone.

STALL drives with lame play calling inspite of having such fire power on offense.

Weapons we have on offense we shouldn't even talk about defense. FUK defense!!!

OFFENSE HAS to make things happen. ALL they have to ensure is to get 1 extra pt then our foe by end of 4th.

Still love my Falcons, but there is not one person to lay this one on. Team played well, but one or two plays happen in our favor and it's a totally different outcome.

1. A healthy Roddy makes theat 3rd down catch (Refs almost gave it to us anyway)

2. Harry Douglas gets rock on punt return, but not hard enough to put ball on ground

3. Matt Bryant makes the easy 38 yard FG & there's a little different psyche for both teams

4. Robert McClain missed about 4 3rd down tackles/stops

If you take either one of these plays and put them in our favor, it's a different outcome. Truly a game of inches. Mike Smith will adjust and will make corrections. This team will be better next week and will play with urgency!

Still love my Falcons, but there is not one person to lay this one on. Team played well, but one or two plays happen in our favor and it's a totally different outcome.

1. A healthy Roddy makes theat 3rd down catch (Refs almost gave it to us anyway)

2. Harry Douglas gets rock on punt return, but not hard enough to put ball on ground

3. Matt Bryant makes the easy 38 yard FG & there's a little different psyche for both teams

4. Robert McClain missed about 4 3rd down tackles/stops

If you take either one of these plays and put them in our favor, it's a different outcome. Truly a game of inches. Mike Smith will adjust and will make corrections. This team will be better next week and will play with urgency!

no, no , mike smith will not make corrections. Next week, same crap

it's not just about W - L

it's how you play in those 60 mins. What character & attitude our team brings on game day on field matters.

Other teams including coaching staff ...PLAY TO WIN!! we PLAY NOT TO LOSE!

That's the fuking difference between us & our foes.

We still come out flat in 3rd qtr. Give costly penalties on pivotal moments during the game. "CHOKE" in red zone.

STALL drives with lame play calling inspite of having such fire power on offense.

Weapons we have on offense we shouldn't even talk about defense. FUK defense!!!

OFFENSE HAS to make things happen. ALL they have to ensure is to get 1 extra pt then our foe by end of 4th.