I Guess I'm Wrong To Expect Better.....

MD-FalconFan13

Let me get this straight,

We are a Super Bowl contending team right? We have some of the best aerial weapons in the league, right? We have won of the best Quarterbacks in the league?

If the answer is yes, yes, and yes, why are people pretending like the way we are playing is ok? Your right, we aren't playing that bad. But we aren't playing that well either. We are too middle of the road!!

If you want to win the big game, we have to be better!! It's the same situation game after game after game that we fail to correct. AND IT IS THE REASON THAT WE CAN'T TURN ALL THE GREAT INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS INTO A GREAT TEAM!! Red Zone Efficiency!

It is the issue most responsible for almost all our losses in big games we need to win. We can drive all the way down the field and inexplicably sputter in the Red Zone! Time and time again. For the entire 5 years that Coach Smith and Matt Ryan have been here. We could have beaten the Cardinals in Matt's rookie year if we scored instead of FGs. Seattle and San Fran are blowouts if we get 6 instead of kicking it. Until we can become a potent offense AND finish in the Red Zone more often than not, we will be middle of the road. It's a strategy that works mostly against weaker opponents. You can beat a good team with it, but it'll be a shoot out.

We gotta find a way to be more consistent in the Red Zone given the wealth of talent that we have on the offensive side of the ball. And call me crazy, but I think I and other fans are justified to expect more of their team with Super Bowl aspirations.

Cheer up! Atlanta Falcons = Regular season champions! Enjoy the success. It could be worse.

Cheer up! Atlanta Falcons = Regular season champions! Enjoy the success. It could be worse.

LOL I hate when people say this!

Every team's window closes. At least the Falcons had a five year window before it closed for the longest time in Falcons history they would only have a one year window once every decade.

....And I hate this statement too. One of the dumbest concepts I've ever heard, and if you think the Falcons "window" has "closed" then you don't watch very much football.