Killer Instinct

TroubleDawg

Killer Instinct, we lack one. We have to be the best 1st quarter team in the NFL, but after that, there is no consistency.

While I do agree with many that the problem starts at the top, Im not one for firing midseason.

What I would like to see happen is more aggresive playcalling overall and also in the redzone. Settling for field goals cost us yet again.

I thought our defense played better today, even without Spoon and KB.

Douglas fumbled punt was the MO swinger IMO.

All in All, we still have 13 games to play. Lets let it play out, and if we dont make the playoffs and are sitting at home come January, then maybe Mr. Blank needs to take a long hard look at our HC, DC and OC.

Until then, lets stand behind our boys!

When's the last time you saw us go for a deep bomb in the 2nd half while up by 10+ points? The last and only time that I remember was last year against the defending champs, the Giants. How'd that game turn out? 34-0. On the opening drive of the 2nd half while up 17-0, Ryan connected with Julio for a long TD. Up 27-0 with 5 minutes left in the game, in the redzone, Ryan connected with Julio on a TD.

Smitty played more aggressive that game and the Falcons didn't have to worry about a 2nd half collapse. It baffles me as to why Smitty continues to utilize Smittyball whenever he could easily blowout good quality teams by playing with more aggression. It's mind boggling. If he played with more killer instinct, which the offense is definitely capable of doing so, then we would be a trillion times better (well obviously).

When's the last time you saw us go for a deep bomb in the 2nd half while up by 10+ points? The last and only time that I remember was last year against the defending champs, the Giants. How'd that game turn out? 34-0. On the opening drive of the 2nd half while up 17-0, Ryan connected with Julio for a long TD. Up 27-0 with 5 minutes left in the game, in the redzone, Ryan connected with Julio on a TD.

Smitty played more aggressive that game and the Falcons didn't have to worry about a 2nd half collapse. It baffles me as to why Smitty continues to utilize Smittyball whenever he could easily blowout good quality teams by playing with more aggression. It's mind boggling. If he played with more killer instinct, which the offense is definitely capable of doing so, then we would be a trillion times better (well obviously).

I agree man.

Its true, he seems to do that once a season, just to "shut us up" then goes back to his same ole ways in the playoffs.. He wanted revenge against the Giants, and once against the aints.. but every other game since 2009 has been meaningless to Smith it seems. Like seriously, he just doesnt care to win, he gets paid millions of dollars to have a sideline view of the game basically..

My biggest gripe with this team so far this year is how bad we are after a turnover. We got the big pick and had a chance to put the 'Phins in a big hole.. we go 3 and out. We get the sack/fumble by Osi and were a PI penalty in the Endzone away from settling for another FG. I'm a big believer in going for the kill after a turnover... take the shot, take their heart. We are just so conservative to a fault. 4th and a foot on the 2, to me at least, is a perfect opportunity to put a team on their heels, we kick a FG 99.9999999% of the time, the only time MS is aggressive is in weird situations (like the OT game vs the Saints, where it didn't make much sense, but I live with a call like that because at least you are putting it on the line, your trying to take the win, not hold onto it).

A close second is our redzone offense, I really don't get how we can be so bad? Levine Toilolo is 6'8, chances are pretty good that you are going to get a LB matched up with him if you split him wide, worst case you get a safety, but if you go trips to one side, you're most likely getting a LB. I LOVE my chances on a jump ball in that situation... I guess DK don't...

Yeah 27 points given up on defense is going to happen when conservative playcalling on offense can't extend drives/put touchdowns on the board that would increase our lead and put more pressure on the opposing offense.

when leading by 10 more to nothing an the D can't stop other team from scoring letting them back in game put pressure on our OFF, which is banged up an not hitting on all cylinders.

Or D coming into todays game has allow 420 yds in 2 games (6th most in nfl) an 23.5pts.

Edited by Ghostpopi

when leading by 10 more to nothing an the D can't stop other team from scoring letting them back in game put pressure on our OFF, which is banged up an not hitting on all cylinders.

Or D coming into todays game has allow 420 yds in 2 games (6th most in nfl) an 23.5pts.

True. A mix of both needs to happen to put away teams. Offense scores and defense prevents scoring. Other than a few plays, overall the defense didn't play too bad today. DeCoud was the obvious sore spot today.

True. A mix of both needs to happen to put away teams. Offense scores and defense prevents scoring. Other than a few plays, overall the defense didn't play too bad today. DeCoud was the obvious sore spot today.

I agree the Off needs work in redzone, an Decoud suxs. the D improved on sacks an got sum turnovers, but still let other team march down the field.

I agree the Off needs work in redzone, an Decoud suxs. the D improved on sacks an got sum turnovers, but still let other team march down the field.

I've not lost all faith in DeCoud though. 2 years ago he was pretty bad but really improved last year. Yeah he's playing like the DeCoud of the past but if he can return to last year's form then that'd be awesome. Arguably, the weakest spot on the defense is the linebacker coverage.

I still have faith, but 1-3 is staring us in the face and it is a good chance to happen. Pats come to town next, an tho their OFF is struggling went 6/15 on 3rds to day against a good Bucs D. but only allowed Bucs 7pts. mainly cuz bucs off suxs. But I don't see our D stopping Brady and I don't think we can win a shoot out,

Edited by Ghostpopi