Most Objective Post Yet--Daniel Cox

falcndave

He lays out the facts fairly well. As much as I like what is going on the last few years, point one is a fact. There is no ignoring it. Injuries aside, there are no moral victories in the NFL.

That said, his other four points are just as accurate.

http://blogs.atlantafalcons.com/2013/09/22/five-things-learned-vs-dolphins/

Kudos to the OL and RBs. I think the team executed our game plan well. As I predicted, we have fewer screens and more runs this week with the larger OL in the game. They also did good enough in pass protection. However, our inability to convert 3rd and short in the 1st half was HUGE.

I'm sorry, but I put that more on the players than the coach. With the makeup of our line, they gotta get us a yard. It is pretty much as simple as that.

He lays out the facts fairly well. As much as I like what is going on the last few years, point one is a fact. There is no ignoring it. Injuries aside, there are no moral victories in the NFL.

That said, his other four points are just as accurate.

http://blogs.atlanta...ed-vs-dolphins/

Kudos to the OL and RBs. I think the team executed our game plan well. As I predicted, we have fewer screens and more runs this week with the larger OL in the game. They also did good enough in pass protection. However, our inability to convert 3rd and short in the 1st half was HUGE.

I'm sorry, but I put that more on the players than the coach. With the makeup of our line, they gotta get us a yard. It is pretty much as simple as that.

Are you related to D. CocXs?

Pats, Jets, Bucs at home next 4 weeks. That should be 3-0 right there. 4-2 and this place is a lot less frantic I'd think. This team needs to grow some nuts and this is the only way how. They will never learn how to put a team away until they consistently see how is negatively effects them. They've won playing this "We let them back in but we won so it's ok" crap. Well now they have gone 2-3 the last 5 games because of it.

Pats, Jets, Bucs at home next 4 weeks. That should be 3-0 right there. 4-2 and this place is a lot less frantic I'd think. This team needs to grow some nuts and this is the only way how. They will never learn how to put a team away until they consistently see how is negatively effects them. They've won playing this "We let them back in but we won so it's ok" crap. Well now they have gone 2-3 the last 5 games because of it.

Yep, hopefully they'll figure it all out in their self scouting during the bye week. Until then, time to get fired up for some prime time home games.

as you all know I can't watch the game until its posted later but I was telling a friend today, we wouldn't win because our team is too soft. my exact words were even if we were winning, we'd find a way to lose. I like to think of myself as one of the biggest homers around but even I can't defend the stink of Mike Smith lately. honestly every game we lost should have not only been a win but we should have won big. basically I gauge our season on how we play the Saints since that should be the games we get up for and should play pissed. the funny thing is we played a perfect Mike Smith game. with the exception of penalties we won everything statistically. that should tell everybody something

Players take on the personality of the coach, they are taught to "buy into the system" I think the team has done that well. The problem is our system and philosophy is bad and this falls completely on the coaching, we leave points on the table and try to protect leads and its really getting old watching this predictable weak play calling and poor decision making.