3 Timeouts And We Kick Fg...

BirdWeisErrr_2

But shouldn't we have at least tried to draw them offside?

What did we have to lose? Take the 5 yard penalty THEN kick the FG. Right?

We were Goal to go. The penalty would have moved it half the distance but it still would have been 4th down. No reason to try to draw someone offsides. I don't know what any of this has to do with Time outs. It was 2min to go in the half. They then ran out the clock. Sorry if I am missing something here.

Could have went for it on 4th down, but we suck at running in short yardage situations, and Red zone passing in no good either.

We were Goal to go. The penalty would have moved it half the distance but it still would have been 4th down. No reason to try to draw someone offsides. I don't know what any of this has to do with Time outs. It was 2min to go in the half. They then ran out the clock. Sorry if I am missing something here.

Could have went for it on 4th down, but we suck at running in short yardage situations, and Red zone passing in no good either.

Time wasn't an issue.

Why in the **** wouldn't you try and draw them offsides????

If they don't jump you take the delay of game penalty and kick the FG.

What would it hurt??????

There is no downside to either going for it or trying to draw them offsides.

Go for it and fail? You have them on their goal line with 3 timeouts.

Try to draw them offsides and fail then call a timeout? You kick the field goal. I can't believe he didn't even try THAT! There is absolutely no downside to it!

Time wasn't an issue.

Why in the **** wouldn't you try and draw them offsides????

If they don't jump you take the delay of game penalty and kick the FG.

What would it hurt??????

You only do that when it is 4th and 1 or something when if they jump you get a 1st down. We could have drawn them offsides 10 times and it still would have been 4th and goal in that situation, and Smith would have kicked the FG.

You only do that when it is 4th and 1 or something when if they jump you get a 1st down. We could have drawn them offsides 10 times and it still would have been 4th and goal in that situation, and Smith would have kicked the FG.

You know, I think you're right and for the record, you may have given me the answer I was looking for.

You know, I think you're right and for the record, you may have given me the answer I was looking for.

Sorry to bump this, but you may actually be right.I don't remember.

There was one drive that we asked for a measurement and we were way short. If it was this one, then we could have gotten a 1st down on the 2 or 3 yard line. If so, then we should have lined up and pretended to go for it. It wouldn't have hurt anything, and could have gotten a 1st down if they jumped.

If it was 4th and goal then an offsides wouldn't have helped much. Just half the distance to the goal and still 4th down. Tough/baffling loss if you ask me. On to next week. Optimistic.

Edited by jeffro2000

Sorry to bump this, but you may actually be right.I don't remember.

There was one drive that we asked for a measurement and we were way short. If it was this one, then we could have gotten a 1st down on the 2 or 3 yard line. If so, then we should have lined up and pretended to go for it. It wouldn't have hurt anything, and could have gotten a 1st down if they jumped.

If it was 4th and goal then an offsides wouldn't have helped much. Just half the distance to the goal and still 4th down. Tough/baffling loss if you ask me. On to next week. Optimistic.

I need to review the tape. I was thinking we could have gotten a 1st. In fact, I'm pretty sure we could have because I believe they measured....

Exactly. What could it have hurt??