I Don't Understand

falcon68

our QB has been getting molested. I have been convinced our OL was gonna get him killed. today, yeah he took a couple hits, but nothing too bad and no sacks. we have not been getting ANY pressure on the other teams QB. today, we were all over tannehill. didn't we get like 5 or 6 sacks??? we haven't been able to run the ball. today, we pounded the rock. I don't know the exact stats, but I know we had a he!! of a day running the ball. all that being said, we still lost. we corrected everything we have been bad at, but it didn't matter. what the fu(k is going on?? i'm totally baffled.

I honestly do not think it's mike smith. I don't know who to blame, but I don't think he's the one.

Niene, it is Mike Smith the reason you are baffled is because like some of us sit and look at the Falcons "percieved" talent and wonder ' hmmm why are we such a ******** team?"

Greatest tight end to play the game - check

2 Elite Wide recievers in Julio and Roddy- Check

A pretty solid group of running backs - check

A pretty solid qb-check

An average slot reciever - check

so on and so on. yet like you some people are completely baffled as to why the Falcons still can not finish games strong. Well,friend I'm here to tell you that unless I'm severely overrating our talent (which could indeed be a possibility) Mike Smith is the issue.

Sorry Tony G, Roddy White, Matt Ryan, Osi Umenyora, Steven Jackson

Niene, it is Mike Smith the reason you are baffled is because like some of us sit and look at the Falcons "percieved" talent and wonder ' hmmm why are we such a ******** team?"

Greatest tight end to play the game - check

2 Elite Wide recievers in Julio and Roddy- Check

A pretty solid group of running backs - check

A pretty solid qb-check

An average slot reciever - check

so on and so on. yet like you some people are completely baffled as to why the Falcons still can not finish games strong. Well,friend I'm here to tell you that unless I'm severely overrating our talent (which could indeed be a possibility) Mike Smith is the issue.

Sorry Tony G, Roddy White, Matt Ryan, Osi Umenyora, Steven Jackson

This is spot on

The falcons did everything this board said to do and yet we still lost. We won **** near every important stat and still lost. I don't know who to blame for it but I'm dumbfounded too.

What I do know is I miss the **** out of aerial show. Last year we were bombs away. This year we are dinking and dunking and look like the old murlarkey offense.

our QB has been getting molested. I have been convinced our OL was gonna get him killed. today, yeah he took a couple hits, but nothing too bad and no sacks. we have not been getting ANY pressure on the other teams QB. today, we were all over tannehill. didn't we get like 5 or 6 sacks??? we haven't been able to run the ball. today, we pounded the rock. I don't know the exact stats, but I know we had a he!! of a day running the ball. all that being said, we still lost. we corrected everything we have been bad at, but it didn't matter. what the fu(k is going on?? i'm totally baffled.

got Dimittroffed!

This is a moot point if Harry doesn't lose the ball when he got power bombed. Then we drive down the field and miss a routine field goal that Matt usually makes in his sleep. Then to top it off, we play soft on the final Miami drive and just pray they make a mistake. Let's not forget Decoud put so much bad tape on film that if I was an offensive coordinator I would attack him every single play. Losing doesn't hurt when you're not dominating the other team, but we literally dominated them in every phase of the game and then gave them the win. Twice this year we should have won. I just hope our back to back non losing streak stat holds true this week. Every other record or stat they talk about, or we cling on to, seems to go down in infamy every time we put weight in it. It looks like we have a good team underneath the two losses but with the Saints going up to a two game lead in the division, this is a hole we need to climb out of extremely quick. We need to win the next two games before the bye, no excuses.

Just not a complete game I guess. Offense played well at times, but struggled at other times. Kicking FGs is a big problem. The Defense got some stops, but didn't when it counted later.

Also Special teams hurt us today. The fumble, missed FGs and penalties. Game we usually win, but didn't today. Tough loss.

I despise Sean Payton with the intensity of a thousand suns, but if we had a coach like him, we would be 3-0 and nearly unstoppable. He's not afraid, he's always aggressive, and he is a magnificent playcaller.

Yes and he has a sh!tty D and still 3-0. and blowing teams out like today

People around here think we're gona put up 60pts a game alot ppl are sadly mistaken. If the OF has any type lead the DEF needs hold the opp from scoring . We can not win games if we expect the OF to shoot it out every game, at some point the DEF is got keep points off the board

I agree that the D needs to do its job but the point is that we could have scored 40 in each of our games if we hadn't settled for FG's/turnovers.

We just got beat. That's what happened. Yes, we made a few mistakes, but we just got beat. Dolphins hung around and put it away, something our offense didn't do. A defense with 2 rookie CBs, 2 rookie UDFA LBs and a 2nd year DE played as well as they could.

People around here think we're gona put up 60pts a game alot ppl are sadly mistaken. If the OF has any type lead the DEF needs hold the opp from scoring . We can not win games if we expect the OF to shoot it out every game, at some point the DEF is got keep points off the board

friend, just stop with the " people around here think we should be putting up 60 points a game" nonsense, this has litterly got to be thee dumbest retort that Mike Smith apologist come up with. This statment would make sense if we were doing that in the first place, but we are not thus making it a dumb thing to say

We just got beat. That's what happened. Yes, we made a few mistakes, but we just got beat. Dolphins hung around and put it away, something our offense didn't do. A defense with 2 rookie CBs, 2 rookie UDFA LBs and a 2nd year DE played as well as they could.

Yep we got beat, should we have no. Offensive dies in redzone bad. and the DEF has had this problem over several yrs so i'm not holding rookies solely responsible

friend, just stop with the " people around here think we should be putting up 60 points a game" nonsense, this has litterly got to be thee dumbest retort that Mike Smith apologist come up with. This statment would make sense if we were doing that in the first place, but we are not thus making it a dumb thing to say

I'm not an Apologist for anyone, an if my post dumb then don't comment on it.

Yep we got beat, should we have no. Offensive dies in redzone bad. and the DEF has had this problem over several yrs so i'm not holding rookies solely responsible

True. But you can't put this loss on the defense. Offense had two trips in the redzone where they got a total of 3 points. Change that to 10 or 14 and we win easily. The offense has let the defense down more times in the last 20 games than the other way. We have an offense that should average 30 points.