Emotions Are High Now But I Want To Hear From The Mike Smith Apologist

peoriabird

Last week i took a lot of abuse for criticizing the head coach for our 2nd half collapses so I'm ready to listen to what kinda of explaination will be given this week for another second half collapse. My oppinion has not changed!!! In fact this week only strengthens my current assessment of the team. It wasn't any more evident when the Falcons had 3rd and 1 at the Dolphin's 2 yard line. We then elected to run the ball and got stopped. After we were stopped we then kicked a field goal on the 2 yard line. Boy if that doesn't sum up mike Smith in a nutshell, I don't know what does. Here you have the greatest receiving tight end to ever play the game and he isn't targeted in the red zone? But y'all go ahead and explain your coach to the rest of us.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week i took a lot of abuse for criticizing the head coach for our 2nd half collapses so I'm ready to listen to what kinda of explaination will be given this week for another second half collapse. My oppinion has not changed!!! In fact this week only strengthens my current assessment of the team. It wasn't any more evident when the Falcons had 3rd and 1 at the Dolphin's 2 yard line. We then elected to run the ball and got stopped. After we were stopped we then kicked a field goal on the 2 yard line. Boy if that doesn't sum up mike Smith in a nutshell, I don't know what does. Here you have the greatest receiving tight end to ever play the game and he isn't targeted in the red zone? But y'all go ahead and explain your coach to the rest of us.

LETS NOT FORGET 6'8" TOILOLO

He can't make the catch, block the end, or make the tackle, players got to play

I get this, but there are certain things that went wrong that the players cant control.

At what point does it just become "We dont need coaches. Players got to play" or "We dont need players. Coaches gotta coach"

I'm not an apologist but this one isn't on Smith or the offense. It's on HD's fumble, and our defense; Decoud especially. Our D looked completely horrible to end both halves, and if HD doesn't fumble I have no doubt we win. Our O put 23 points on the board, despite a miss by Bryant that he should have made. We just couldn't get off the field well enough on D. This one's not on the offense. D and ST are to blame this time and Smith isn't heavily involved with either squad as far as I know.

Im curious as well.

Im not on the Fire Smith bandwagon. But I am on the, we need to change, bandwagon. All Im hearing is that were emotional and crazy, but they never explain their views on Smith.

They are afraid that we will fire him, make a terrible replacement hire, and go back to winning 4 or 5 games per year. It has nothing to do with any belief in Mike Smith's ability to lead us to a Super Bowl win. He's Marty Schottenheimer 2.0, and I think most people probably realize that. They are just afraid that we will replace him with Norv Turner and replace one kind of ineptitude with another.

I'm not an apologist but this one isn't on Smith or the offense. It's on HD's fumble, and our defense; Decoud especially. Our D looked completely horrible to end both halves, and if HD doesn't fumble I have no doubt we win. Our O put 23 points on the board, despite a miss by Bryant that he should have made. We just couldn't get off the field well enough on D. This one's not on the offense. D and ST are to blame this time and Smith isn't heavily involved with either squad as far as I know.

But then again, HD and Decoud have made multiple huge mistakes. And nothing happens. At what point to you say, hey, you need to get your ish together or youre not playing the rest of the game?

The injuries are making a much larger impact than people are willing to admit. That said, if Smith doesn't figure out a way to right the ship despite this then he needs to find new work, and no I do not want some overrated, washed up trash like Gruden or Cowher.

But how?

Snelling and Quiz produced the best run game weve had

Mass was part of the most sacks in a long time

Bartu played well

Our Oline was MUCH improved

Where are the injuries hurting us?

But then again, HD and Decoud have made multiple huge mistakes. And nothing happens. At what point to you say, hey, you need to get your ish together or youre not playing the rest of the game?

Decoud's a probowler and our best cover guy, we can't bench him, and HD hardly makes a ton of mistake. This was his first on ST as far as I can recall and he played quite well on ST the rest of the game after the fumble so pulling him would have been the wrong dicision.