A Sleeping Giant Has Been Awakened

WiscoFalcon

For those who want to be mature and hear me out on this please do, but for those who will a "homer" or something ridiculous because you have no faith in this franchise, please refrain.

So here we are, 1-2. Disappointing start to say the least, HOWEVER, this may be a good thing for us.

Honestly, it was about time we lost a game like this, we have played so "not to lose" that it was bound to happen. I really hope that this wakes this football team up, because I think it lacks heart, and it lacks what it takes to finish teams.I hope that this is the end of smittyball, and I can see us destroying the Pats next week. I hope this marks the end of the conservative attitude and play calling. It's time to rally the troops, and start working on this.

Go ahead Flame on

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who want to be mature and hear me out on this please do, but for those who will a "homer" or something ridiculous because you have no faith in this franchise, please refrain.

So here we are, 1-2. Disappointing start to say the least, HOWEVER, this may be a good thing for us.

Honestly, it was about time we lost a game like this, we have played so "not to lose" that it was bound to happen. I really hope that this wakes this football team up, because I think it lacks heart, and it lacks what it takes to finish teams.I hope that this is the end of smittyball, and I can see us destroying the Pats next week. I hope this marks the end of the conservative attitude and play calling. It's time to rally the troops, and start working on this.

Go ahead Flame on

This team never learns. It's happened over and over and over but they never learn. I'm sick of it.

Go ahead Flame on

Smitty won't change. He is who and what he is.

Who and what is he?

Inadequate. Timid. Gutless. Cowardly. No vision. No innovation. Incapable of developing talent.

Go ahead Flame on

And losing to San Fran, almost losing to Seattle, Losing to New Orleans in week one,....these aren't reasons already to "wake up"?

Go ahead Flame on

I could understand your point if this was a one or two game issue, but we've played "not to lose" in the second half of games for what seems like an eternity. Why would this game be any different than the 49er game last January that cost us a Super Bowl?

If that didn't awaken Smith to "rally the troops" then he must be in a persistent vegetative state.

Go ahead Flame on

I feel like I have heard this same spiel after every come from ahead loss this team has pulled off the last 3 years.

It's not going to change.

Go ahead Flame on

We say this every week. Aint happening until smith grows some balls

It won't happen. Leopards don't change their spots, and conservative Coaches don't have an epiphany and decide to change philosophy overnight, no matter how obvious it may be to others that a change is needed.

I spent years waiting for Dan Reeves, Gregg Knapp and Mike Mularkey to one up the play book and it never happened. Smith is who he is, and the only way to change is to bing in a replacement.

Go ahead Flame on

I so thought this was another Saints thread. Thanks for keeping positive. I mean when we lose next week this won't matter, but I appreciate it after a tough loss

Go ahead Flame on

Really, I understand point and I hope you are right, but if the second half disasters in the two playoff games last postseason did not wake up this Coaching staff and team, I am not sure anything can.

Go ahead Flame on

Is this the first year watching the Falcons? Many of us has been waiting for the so called wake up call game for three years. Heck I've said it the last two games. It won't stop until Smith is gone.