Matt Ryan - Mr. Field Goal. Our Redzone Offense Sucks!

g-dawg

I'm overreacting but Matt Ryan is Mr. Field goal - our offense is awful inside the 20 yard line. Why would Harry Douglas(mr. 5'9") even on the field in the redzone - much less throwing to him...

Defense has "done enough" for Falcons to be 3-0. We are 1-2 because our offense is not executing. We need our $120mm QB to not put up stats but win games.

I'm beyond frustrated.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm overreacting but Matt Ryan is Mr. Field goal - our offense is awful inside the 20 yard line. Why would Harry Douglas(mr. 5'9") even on the field in the redzone - much less throwing to him...

Defense has "done enough" for Falcons to be 3-0. We are 1-2 because our offense is not executing. We need our $120mm QB to not put up stats but win games.

I'm beyond frustrated.

Brady can score with Welker and Edelmen in the redzone. Being 59 doesn't mean anything if your a good QB.

as I have said before, if your team needs a field goal and there is 1:30 left on the clock in the 4th quarter - there is not a better quarterback in the NFL than Matt Ryan.

however, this redzone stuff is not a coincidence - Falcons are awful right now in the redzone. Having a 1/2 speed Roddy does not help. Harry Douglas has no business being on the field in the redzone - he is not a redzone threat - we would be better with Toilolo or Drew Davis than HD.

Matt is not creative enough in the redzone and does not see the field as well in tight quarters with the blitz coming. For the rest of the field, Matt is good against blitz - but he is very poor in redzone.

I'm beyond frustrated.

Your true colors are shining through. Got what you want. Now go celebrate our loss.

I'm beyond frustrated.

You honestly don't think Ryan isn't trying his best to win games? Getting murdered every week because of a bad OL and terrible red zone play calling has given him a bad image. Fix these two and Ryan can win better than any other QB.

Edited by RVJATL

You honestly don't think Ryan isn't trying his best to wins games? Getting murdered because of a bad OL and terrible red zone play calling has given him a bad image. Fix these two and Ryan can win better than any other QB.

i love Matt - but his redzone struggles are glaring. So, you absolve Matt and blame the OL and playcalling for the two redzone field goals and the one missed field goal? really? I don't blame it all on Matt but he's a big part of it.

Guest Negatorris

3rd down in the redzone usually ends up with Ryan running away from a defender that somehow blew up the protection as soon as the ball was snapped. Am I the only one who noticed this?

i love Matt - but his redzone struggles are glaring. So, you absolve Matt and blame the OL and playcalling for the two redzone field goals and the one missed field goal? really? I don't blame it all on Matt but he's a big part of it.

It's the playcalling. Quizz on short and goal? We are wasting downs.

I'm beyond frustrated.

Tannehill looked like a winner Ryan was a goat but who cares he got paid 1.5 million for that performance

Matt can't control how much protection and time he gets to throw, nor some of the plays being called. He takes what is given to him and does his best to make it work.

I'm beyond frustrated.

Roddy can't make cuts to get open and Julio couldn't stay on the field for more than a couple of plays at a time, and I don't know what the **** happened to Gonzalez. I know everyone on here wants to blame the coaching staff but the injuries people on here tried to brush aside are severely impacting the offense.