All Hail The Amazing 49Ers

Chain Chomp

F**K KAP. The guy has played behind the best Oline in the league. Now that the other teams are able to pressure him a little, he is showing massive signs of weakness. I mean, dam. Give every qb an Oline like Kap had last season, and they all could be wrongly called the best of all time. LOL

LC just took a crap on the 9ers laugh.png

When you've met one too many obnoxious 49ers fans and have nearly beaten your head in against the wall because of the media's idolatry of Kap, it was a must.

Y'all know me, I hardly ever talk trash unless it's a trash talk specific thread, but this? This is good. I enjoyed seeing SEA stomp them on my trip, and I enjoyed what the Colts did today as well.

Edited by Chain Chomp

Good thing we actually play better when we don't run our offense through the read option. It's a great curveball to throw in every now and then if you have a QB that can successfully run it, but it's not suitable for the long term or building your offense around it.

Read option is tailor-suited for college. NFL? Not so much... though it can still be wildly successful if used correctly.

I do believe that the read-option has been figured out.

No it hasn't. The Niners have been sucking for several other reasons. They have woes at WR, and their run game didn't worked well the first 2 games. Their defense also has struggled a bit.......Seattle has done great with Wilson, the Jets have done somewhat well with Geno Smith. Teams who struggle that run it struggle for other reasons, like the Skins.......The pocket fans can't jump for joy yet, lol.

Good thing we actually play better when we don't run our offense through the read option. It's a great curveball to throw in every now and then if you have a QB that can successfully run it, but it's not suitable for the long term or building your offense around it.

Read option is tailor-suited for college. NFL? Not so much... though it can still be wildly successful if used correctly.

There's the key, if used correctly. Every time a read option offense fails, it's blamed on the formula instead of the execution. Pocket QBs fail all the time if they don't play well, as do all formulas. Ultimately, the threat to run and throw isn't something that is a failed formula.

But they haven't figured Seattle's version out yet.

Exactly, because they execute well. Defensive coordinators often figure out how to stop pocket QBs as well, Rome Crenell always knew how to stop Manning for instance.....It really depends on how you want to use the option for if it can be figured out. If your QB is only going to run when they can run for 20 yards without being touched, then it's easier to stop than a QB who can actually run through traffic such as Newton.....It also depends on what you mean by figuring it out...if you just mean it won't be unstoppable, then yes...but it won't be figured out to the point that it's completely shut down.