Field Goals Dont Win Championships

SiViK_OuTkAsT™

Absolutely. The Mike Smith "let the other team beat themselves" mentality doesn't work anymore.

It never has in the grand scheme of things. Just has given some of theses message boards heroes a false sense of power. Power which we do not have to win championships. This coaching to not lose crap has got to go. Props for finally running the ball today, but where did that get us?

It never has in the grand scheme of things. Just has given some of theses message boards heroes a false sense of power. Power which we do not have to win championships. This coaching to not lose crap has got to go. Props for finally running the ball today, but where did that get us?

We ran the ball in the first half and then gave up on it, as usual. Exactly what happened against Seattle, San Fran, and New Orleans - run successfully on your first drive, do it again a couple times on the second drive, then forget about it for the rest of the game. Balance is not overrated.

It's not going to change with Mike Smith at head coach. Don't get yourself all worked up when he never changes his approach

Sit back and understand we don't play SB football and let the others defend the team lol

I'm getting to the point where I don't want Smith. I'm holding out all hope he has some sort of common sense and will stop hitting our collective heads on the turf repeatedly.

I've seen it for going on 5 years now and if you don't see it, I'm sorry. I want a championship same as you. But again, coaching has let us down. Field goals don't win a ******* thing. Go for the throat or go home.

disagree; among the many examples:

"Lawrence Tynes is the only player in NFL history to have two overtime game-winning field goals in the playoffs. Tynes kicked the longest post-season field goal in Lambeau Field post-season history (47 yards) in the 2007 NFC Championship and added a 31-yard field goal in OT to advance the NY Giants in the 2011 NFC Championship game"

FGs do indeed win championships

disagree; among the many examples:

"Lawrence Tynes is the only player in NFL history to have two overtime game-winning field goals in the playoffs. Tynes kicked the longest post-season field goal in Lambeau Field post-season history (47 yards) in the 2007 NFC Championship and added a 31-yard field goal in OT to advance the NY Giants in the 2011 NFC Championship game"

FGs do indeed win championships

Yea, well you can sit right here and wait on that to happen for Matt Bryant. Let me know when we win please.

Decoud is absolutely horrible the majority of the time. But our number one problem is redzone efficiency. Without that horrible, horrible achilles we would never be in these nailbiters. Ok, maybe I shouldn't say never, but none the less not every **** week. You can take 13-3 and shove it up your ***, I don't give a **** about that. I would rather go 9-7 and win the ring every year. **** outta here with this play not to lose ****.

I've seen it for going on 5 years now and if you don't see it, I'm sorry. I want a championship same as you. But again, coaching has let us down. Field goals don't win a ******* thing. Go for the throat or go home.

Our only healthy weapons at this point are Snelling, Quizz, and Toilolo. Gonzalez got hurt somehow, White is still dealing with his ankle injury, Julio was noticeably slower and slow to get up on some plays and consistently left the field whenever he made a catch so his knee is more messed up than people thought, Jackson pulled a hamstring and can't even play, and so on. People think the offense should be firing on all cylinders but common sense says the offense is not even close to healthy and it is showing.