Swampers, What Is Wrong With The Saints High Powered Offense?

WhenFalconsWin

Serious question: WFW was checking out some stats and it appears the saints have only scored 3 TDs this season in two games along with 6 FGs. Now this is not the norm for the saints we all know this, just wondering what is missing this season? We all know Breesus is not off to one of his greatest starts to a season 3 TDs, 3 INTs, QB rating 87.4, but there has to be more to it than just Breesus...thoughts?

si-robertson-profile.jpg

2-0 cures all that ails the team. And just keep watching, because a slow start offensively isn't something we've seen before. The rushing game needs to get untracked, along with a key injury A-gap on the O-line.

WFW sees where Breesus has been sacked 6 times and that is not good. Plus, no running game would explain a lot of what you are saying. 2-0 is nice but if these problems continue to manifest the defense down there will not hold up under the strain. Albeit, they have looked better so far than we have anticipated. But for how long does one wonder?

si-robertson-profile.jpg

Red zone scoring hasn't been good. They're last in the league with 1 TD in 6 or 8 trips (i can't remember) down there.

Similiar slow start in 2010, but I believe they'll get it corrected. Could be the division rivals have a good idea of how they like to punch it in. I know the Saints are somewhat hip to what the Falcons like to do near the goal line.

Red zone scoring hasn't been good. They're last in the league with 1 TD in 6 or 8 trips (i can't remember) down there.

Similiar slow start in 2010, but I believe they'll get it corrected. Could be the division rivals have a good idea of how they like to punch it in. I know the Saints are somewhat hip to what the Falcons like to do near the goal line.

That is amazing when you figure in Graham and Colston down there. That shouldn't happen!

si-robertson-profile.jpg

eh, it hasn't been as impressive as it has in the past. brees hasn't been as sharp as he was. it was noticeable against atlanta and very noticable against the bucs. the velocity and accuracy just hasn't been what we are accustomed to seeing. could this be the all in year?

Do you think we are starting to see physical decline in Breesus play?

si-robertson-profile.jpg

Serious question: WFW was checking out some stats and it appears the saints have only scored 3 TDs this season in two games along with 6 FGs. Now this is not the norm for the saints we all know this, just wondering what is missing this season? We all know Breesus is not off to one of his greatest starts to a season 3 TDs, 3 INTs, QB rating 87.4, but there has to be more to it than just Breesus...thoughts?

si-robertson-profile.jpg

I'd say it's a combination of bad O line play and Brees being off, which is part of the bad O line play.