Week 2 Inside The Game: Vs. St. Louis Rams

capologist

After watching both the Dolphins-Colts and the Falcons-Rams games, it appeared to me that Tannehill is prone to hold onto the ball a good deal more often than Bradford. Bradford will throw the ball away, whereas Tannehill is overcome with sensory overload when the first read isn't open. What say you?

I've have also wondered if Josh Vaughan will get some touches on Sunday, but it really depends on how effective are Jacquizz and Jason.

After watching both the Dolphins-Colts and the Falcons-Rams games, it appeared to me that Tannehill is prone to hold onto the ball a good deal more often than Bradford. Bradford will throw the ball away, whereas Tannehill is overcome with sensory overload when the first read isn't open. What say you?

I've have also wondered if Josh Vaughan will get some touches on Sunday, but it really depends on how effective are Jacquizz and Jason.

I haven't been able to watch much of the Dolphins but from the clips here and there that I have seen, I would agree.

I want Jason Snelling to get 25 touches in this game...14-17 rushes, 8-11 targets as a receiver. He is the thumping RB that this franchise needs to succeed with SJax out. Koetter should just gameplan for this game as if Jackson isn't even hurt, just swap Smelling in for him and we won't miss a beat. If anything we might get more production, Smelling doesn't hesitate to hit the hole nearly as much as SJax does.

It looks like strength isn't our only problem on OL...it's not just our OT's getting pushed back, they're missing blocks on screens and things like that as well. Overall I hope we keep the offense somewhat like it is but just run a little bit more often to help the OL out and keep the defense more honest.

I am really wishing we hadn't given Baker that contract. I thought it was awful fishy he was magically reliable and healthy in his contract year, and he didn't even make it 1 game after the new contract to go right back to what he was before his contract year. We need to use a couple of early picks next year on OT and OG. I think Konz will find his way, but Blalock has kind of taken a step back this year and the Reynolds and Johnson experiments should be over.

I've always been kind of neutral on DeCoud, I thought he had some good plays in coverage last year but he has already given me so many facepalms in just the first two games that I have a bruise on my forehead. Plus Moore has problems staying on the field as well. Sorry for turning this into a little bit of a draft discussion, but we have some pretty glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball.

Overall good write up, I think this will be a pretty good game.

I want Jason Snelling to get 25 touches in this game...14-17 rushes, 8-11 targets as a receiver. He is the thumping RB that this franchise needs to succeed with SJax out. Koetter should just gameplan for this game as if Jackson isn't even hurt, just swap Smelling in for him and we won't miss a beat. If anything we might get more production, Smelling doesn't hesitate to hit the hole nearly as much as SJax does.

Funny that in 2weeks of football the Falcons have Quizz/Sjax carry more than 10x each and only 1 50 yard gain to show for it. I think from what was posted by the OP that these "holes" that everyone claims MT/Quizz/SJaz tip-toe to aren't really there. Yeah, why not pile drive Snelling into a brick wall.unsure.png There is a reason we moved on from Mularkey, Michael Turner...screen game. There is a reason why Snelling got a chance to test the market(no takers) and still remains a Falcon(utility player).