Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shanep

Can't Help It, I Like It When Vick Loses,like It Alot....

246 posts in this topic

Brother Romperstompers,

We Falcon fans have suffered many long fruitless seasons. The darkest moments in recent memory are still fresh wounds. Following a dismal occurence in our lives, the firing of His Holiness the Great Dan Reeves (HHGDR) , our fans embarked upon a spiritual quest. We allowed ourselfs to be led by a false prophet, the Amazing MV7. We all know how that worked out. We became disillusioned. We questioned why we were asked to worship at the altar of Suiee Bobby Petrino. We sank into the depths. But as we despaired and thought to become Sainst fans (be honest, you know it crossed your mind) thank HHGDR, who by some divine intervention led Suiee to his destiny before our team was laid waste, we saw there was hope for a new beginning. We have been cleansed in the fires of back to back winning seasons and playoff appearances. I would remind all of my fellow Romperstompers, all things happen for a reason. We see the false prophet leading another coach and fanbase into the depths (save yourself Fastpace Chip Kelly-take a job at Texas midseason and hook em horns at a midnight pep rally!!) BTW, is this so new, does no one remember the Bills fastbreak offense? Let us not hold hate in our hearts. Forgiveness is for the strong. It is a gift you give yourself, not the person you are forgiving. Let him go. Let them all go. You can still enjoy watching the Eagles lose and thank HHGDR that it is not us anymore! (Did anyone see the fan brawl last night- heard it was Iggles fans fighting each other about the false prophet -will look for the video when I get home) . Be joyous Romperstompers. These are good times.

BoCock

I am still a vick fan, and I still support him. He's the one that got me into football and made me a diehard falcons fan starting in the early 2000s. What he did to the falcons was awful of course. But unfortunately I just don't know what is wrong with that team, they have so much talent. The eagles remind me of the lions, an explosive offense that turnovers the ball on a consistent basis with a subpar defense. I layed $$ on the eagles last night, **** do I regret it. They have lost 11 straight home games, that's staggering!

Knight of God likes this

Get over it. Everyone makes mistakes

Exactly!!! Freaking 6-7 years later and people are still holding on to the hate like whiny babies. Man we all make mistakes. He made a mistake and got caught. Did his time and now he's free. I hold no ill will towards Vick. Football is a GAME and some people don't seem to get that.

Ron Mexico never went to trial for animal cruelty he was convicted of running an illegal interstate dog fighting gambling ring that had operated for five years.....

He pleaded guilty to the federal felony charges and served 21 months in prison, followed by two months in home confinement......

So he really never fully "paid his dues"...

He was however the best thing that could have happened to Atlanta as we ended up with Ryan and Smitty.......

Ron Mexico never went to trial for animal cruelty he was convicted of running an illegal interstate dog fighting gambling ring that had operated for five years.....

He pleaded guilty to the federal felony charges and served 21 months in prison, followed by two months in home confinement......

He was however the best thing that could have happened to Atlanta as we ended up with Ryan and Smitty.......

He went to jail and payed a lot of money to animal charities. What more do you want?

Knight of God likes this

Exactly!!! Freaking 6-7 years later and people are still holding on to the hate like whiny babies. Man we all make mistakes. He made a mistake and got caught. Did his time and now he's free. I hold no ill will towards Vick. Football is a GAME and some people don't seem to get that.

Listen I don't sit and dwell on Mike Vick but since the topic was brought up here if is: his mistake was he got caught. He has no remorse for killing those dogs. You think he actually had to get his hands dirty in the torture and killing part? No way, he enjoyed it bc he's a sick sick man. He bankrolled the whole thing and could have had his flunkies handle it but he chose to do it himself

She's moved on, married someone else, and has completely forgotten about you. You, meanwhile, have a new love and are finally happy.

Move on and let Vick go.

J-Nice likes this

i disliked the Eagles long before YKW joined the team. i don't harbor any special ill-will toward him. He did a lot of good for the Falcons during the last decade. And his biggest football crime - not off-field antic - was not maximizing his potential by focusing on getting better, hardly the first athlete to coast by on ability alone.

The only time i take any 'pleasure' in his struggles is when dumbazzes (some on this board) claim Vick would be better for the Falcons than Ryan. i LOL whenever i hear that. Honestly, i had to explain to some friends of mine after the loss in NOLA that no, in fact, the Falcons would not have had a better chance to win if Vick had been QBing the team.

He paid for his crime off the field, and like anyone else who has done so, deserves a chance to live what counts as a normal life.

As a QB, he suffers from the same problems he always did: his footwork isn't great, so he is erratic despite having an electric arm; he holds onto the ball far too long; and the previous weakness may be the result of his other flaw - he's never shown the ability to read the defense 'pre-snap' and make quick decisions. On the other hand, i think he has matured as a leader, especially when dealing with the press. He answers questions in ways that shows he cares about his teammates and understands how to stick up for his team. Ultimately, he will make GREAT plays and AWFUL decisions over the course of a season, and like every other 'running' QB, he can only maximize his value as a player by putting himself in harms way, so he can't 'play his best' and play a full season. It's the paradox of the athletic, running QB. Only Cam, who is a QB in a PF body, might be able to pull it off.

that's because the government doesn't care about killing dogs. That simple really

he will never reach his potential because of everything that happened... If he would have gave his all being a QB for Atlanta instead of playing around he would have been you on the best QB's of all time.... right now he is just trying to get another big check cause he owes everyone money dry.png

A lot of women in this thread "oh I hate vick". "I hope he suffers a injury" in the words of Roddy White "go kill yourself"

Its petty man. It goes back to the decade plus debate over him. He polarized Atlanta like crazy. So many here are still ticked off one way or another. After Vick was caught in this crime, the haters finally had the poison to put into the argument. "He's teh evilz." So, since then it always goes back to that. Has nothing to do with Vick's crimes, everything to do with that long debate though.