Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shanep

Can't Help It, I Like It When Vick Loses,like It Alot....

246 posts in this topic

That's exactly my point. Vick killed the dogs but Goodell gave him a second chance and Reid took him in. Both of those guys must've seen genuine change in him to even consider that. ...

Sorry, generally agree with you, but think this is nonsense. If Goodell and Reid thought that Vick could benefit the NFL & the Eagles, respectively, they just wouldn't care about his past.

Sorry, generally agree with you, but think this is nonsense. If Goodell and Reid thought that Vick could benefit the NFL & the Eagles, respectively, they just wouldn't care about his past.

I could say that about Reid but Goodell did an evaluation of Vick before coming to a decision. Reid has been known to take troubled players and become a mentor to them like Tony Dungy does as well. I think Reid showed sincerity in that Vick had to fight from 4th on the depth chart. He didn't make it easy. Plus he's dealt with troubles kids in his own family. I really think Reid has a good heart. Goodell has to worry about the NFL brand so he really took giving Vick another shot serious.

nfl will be popular with or without vick. Goodell just believes in multiple chances. Vick benefits from the nfl not the other way around.
TheFatboi likes this

I could say that about Reid but Goodell did an evaluation of Vick before coming to a decision. Reid has been known to take troubled players and become a mentor to them like Tony Dungy does as well. I think Reid showed sincerity in that Vick had to fight from 4th on the depth chart. He didn't make it easy. Plus he's dealt with troubles kids in his own family. I really think Reid has a good heart. Goodell has to worry about the NFL brand so he really took giving Vick another shot serious.

nfl will be popular with or without vick. Goodell just believes in multiple chances. Vick benefits from the nfl not the other way around.

Goodell wins either way- if Vick turns his life around, then he looks like a commissioner who cares about his players, if Vick had flamed out, he says, gave him a second chance.

Always glad to see the Eagles lose. Nothing to do with Vick though. He served his time, like it or not and that is more than a lot of criminals do. You don't have to like him but wishing him to be crippled says more about you than it does him.

A regular person get's convinced for such a crime, they will never get their job back and they will have a **** of a time finding a job when they get out of prison. But since Vick and his "redemption" story puts butts in the seats, an exception is made.

I don't hate Vick, nor do I like him. I felt the same about him when he was playing for us only I cheered for him because I want the Falcons to win. Now I wish to see him fail because he's an Eagle, and because I don't think he deserves to be in the NFL. Going to jail doesn't mean you've "paid your dues". You do that AFTER you get out of jail. I really wonder why so many people think that after the jail sentence is over the criminal has paid his/her dues (Seriously, can someone explain that to me?). I've never heard/seen him say that he was sorry for torturing and killing dogs. I've heard him say he was sorry, so he could play football again.

Also, Vick didn't make a mistake. He made a choice to kill and torture those dogs and put the Falcons franchise in a terrible position. A mistake is something you do unwillingly and even if you know you're making a mistake, you don't keep doing it over, and over, and over until you get caught.

A regular person get's convinced for such a crime, they will never get their job back and they will have a **** of a time finding a job when they get out of prison. But since Vick and his "redemption" story puts butts in the seats, an exception is made.

I don't hate Vick, nor do I like him. I felt the same about him when he was playing for us only I cheered for him because I want the Falcons to win. Now I wish to see him fail because he's an Eagle, and because I don't think he deserves to be in the NFL. Going to jail doesn't mean you've "paid your dues". You do that AFTER you get out of jail. I really wonder why so many people think that after the jail sentence is over the criminal has paid his/her dues (Seriously, can someone explain that to me?). I've never heard/seen him say that he was sorry for torturing and killing dogs. I've heard him say he was sorry, so he could play football again.

Also, Vick didn't make a mistake. He made a choice to kill and torture those dogs and put the Falcons franchise in a terrible position. A mistake is something you do unwillingly and even if you know you're making a mistake, you don't keep doing it over, and over, and over until you get caught.

I don't understand people who think Vick owes them an apology. And yes, serving his jail sentence is paying his dues.

When someone serves life and dies in prison, have they not paid their dues because they did not pay them after they got out? Should we exevute people twice to please you?

When you get a ticket, do you hope for the harshest penalty or fight for the lightest one?

People have killed people and still playd in the NFL but you aren't making threads about them?

I don't understand people who think Vick owes them an apology. And yes, serving his jail sentence is paying his dues.

When someone serves life and dies in prison, have they not paid their dues because they did not pay them after they got out? Should we exevute people twice to please you?

When you get a ticket, do you hope for the harshest penalty or fight for the lightest one?

People have killed people and still playd in the NFL but you aren't making threads about them?

I did. Leonard Little.

lol dang homie

Lol, for real man, I can't stand when people say it's an act. Dude is a far better man than QB nowadays and he's an ok QB who flashes greatness, but just can't seem to maintain any consistency. It was actually touching to see Reid and Vick meet after the game, people do change, all the time ;)

Always glad to see the Eagles lose. Nothing to do with Vick though. He served his time, like it or not and that is more than a lot of criminals do. You don't have to like him but wishing him to be crippled says more about you than it does him.

People forget he, like many, were raised where dog fighting wasn't negative, in fact it's a positive usually. He did his time, but more importantly I honestly believed he grew as a person, learned how awful fighting and killing a dog for sport is and blew off all the negative people in his life...except Marcus, lol.

Unforgiving people are sick in the head and spirit ;)

He made bad judgements. He has apologized for it, done his time no need to continue to persecute the man for it.

We all make bad judgements especially when we are young. Doesn't make us "terrible creatures" like I've heard some describe vick.

Time to move on people

Bad judgements? Torturing living creates like he did for amusement is a judgement call only sociopaths make. I assure you that if you have ever seen that kind of carnage and suffering in person, you wouldn't pass it off so quickly.

And another thing, the "he did his time thing" is bogus. As if serving a short prison sentence was a clean slate for anyone else in the world.

Nightfly likes this

He paid his government mandated debt to society. Nowhere in anything has it ever been said that it means no one can thing ill or negative of the person.

How about this, let me rape or murder a member of your family, and see how much you like me if I get out of prison quickly for it. Actually, you "have to" forgive me, because I obviously served my time, right? :rolleyes:

He paid his government mandated debt to society. Nowhere in anything has it ever been said that it means no one can thing ill or negative of the person.

How about this, let me rape or murder a member of your family, and see how much you like me if I get out of prison quickly for it. Actually, you "have to" forgive me, because I obviously served my time, right? rolleyes.gif

Who, me? I clearly said you don't have to like Vick.

And yea, murdering or raping a member of my family is exactly the same as killing a dog.rolleyes.gif

How about this, let me rape or murder a member of your family, and see how much you like me if I get out of prison quickly for it. Actually, you "have to" forgive me, because I obviously served my time, right? rolleyes.gif

You don't have to forgive anyone. You can choose not to and have it be your right. Anyone that says differently is a moron.

You don't have to forgive anyone. You can choose not to and have it be your right. Anyone that says differently is a moron.

and people don't need your forgiveness, esp when they have done nothing to you. People are so arrogant. " Billy the kid owes me an apology!!"

I understand your point, but you're taking what I'm saying a little bit too far. In my opinion a criminal (and by that I mean murderers, rapist. Not minor offenses like a speeding ticket, unless the driver is drunk) has paid his/her dues when they get out of jail and actually turn their lives around. It looks like Vick has done that but I don't think he should be playing in the NFL after what he did. The same goes for any other player. That's the only thing I really have an issue with since he can go back to his old job, earning a lot of money which is an advantage other criminals don't get. They go back to a life that's in shambles (to fault of their own) but they can barely find a job, get looked down upon and people in a position like Vick basically stick up their middle finger to that. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying that Vick owes me an apology, I don't really care. I'm glad he's making the best of his second chance it just shouldn't have been so easy if you ask me.

As to why I don't make threads about other players? Well, as you can see I'm not really into making threads. And since I live in Holland I don't get the NFL coverage you do, so I don't always know what exactly is going on around the NFL. I come to these boards to read about the Falcons and get my updates on the team.

I understand your point, but you're taking what I'm saying a little bit too far. In my opinion a criminal (and by that I mean murderers, rapist. Not minor offenses like a speeding ticket, unless the driver is drunk) has paid his/her dues when they get out of jail and actually turn their lives around. It looks like Vick has done that but I don't think he should be playing in the NFL after what he did. The same goes for any other player. That's the only thing I really have an issue with since he can go back to his old job, earning a lot of money which is an advantage other criminals don't get. They go back to a life that's in shambles (to fault of their own) but they can barely find a job, get looked down upon and people in a position like Vick basically stick up their middle finger to that. But hey, that's just my opinion.

I'm not saying that Vick owes me an apology, I don't really care. I'm glad he's making the best of his second chance it just shouldn't have been so easy if you ask me.

As to why I don't make threads about other players? Well, as you can see I'm not really into making threads. And since I live in Holland I don't get the NFL coverage you do, so I don't always know what exactly is going on around the NFL. I come to these boards to read about the Falcons and get my updates on the team.

Fair enough.