HolyMoses

Ethics Commission Thread

378 posts in this topic

No.

You can call me the husband of the woman who got fired for consciously doing her job, but was tough enough Not to go quietly into the Nashville night.

Too long. You need something more pithy...like Mr. "It's a Done Deal".

Also, it has to be a play on the word "Deal".

Talk abt a politician impacting lives, Jeesss. This one takes the cake. There's over 300 million of us.1376329_10151893822615090_75424150_n.png

Now this guy looks scary. I'd definately watch out for him.....-PAXP-deijE.gifMoses, which way did the trail go? 230841_4414250321803_477829976_n.jpg

Ok Counselor, unhook from the personal drama for a minute and Sink your teeth into this.. This will effect u and I in a most unhealthy fashion. Potential GA Law- HB 689 would prevent group rides from happening.

Arggggggg says the pirate.

So, I assume he's a doctor or some sort of scientist that went to school and worked harder for his career choice? I mean, he can't be a Realtor or something and mock your profession, right?

Dems aren't happy these days and hopefully the panda cam being off won't drive them over the cliff. Your friends should jump in and speak before its too late.

Edited by Deisel

I think Gov Deals quotes on this Financial mess called OBAMACARE is relevent to a WHOLE lot of Folks. Thank you gov for speaking out on this.

Nathan Deal

Obamacare was a disaster from the start and it's continuing its record. Gov. Deal has done everything in his power to save Georgia from the billions in new taxes Obamacare would impose on state taxpayers, but every day it’s clearer that the federal government is not ready for its takeover of the health care industry on January 1st. Too much is at stake. Washington must delay Obamacare now."

? I must be in some alternative universe. My name, PMs, conversations abt me pop up for No apparent reason. People are losing their sanity.

FBI questions ethics lawyer at center of Deal complaint

By Greg Bluestein and Shannon McCaffrey

The FBI has questioned a state ethics commission lawyer who raised concerns about the panel’s investigation into Gov. Nathan Deal, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has learned.

Ethics commission Executive Secretary Holly LaBerge said Thursday that staff attorney Elisabeth Murray-Obertein had talked with the FBI. The statement came as a response to an Open Records Act request. Murray-Obertein’s attorney, Brian Sutherland, also confirmed she had spoken with federal agents but declined to say what they discussed.

In sworn statements filed in connection with a pair of whistle-blower lawsuits, Murray-Obertein said LaBerge bragged about her relationship with Deal and said that he “owed her” after the commission dismissed the most serious campaign finance complaints against Deal. Instead, they levied $3,350 in penalties for technical violations on his campaign and personal financial disclosures.

It was not certain whether the FBI or Murray-Obertein initiated the questioning. Deal’s office did not immediately comment, but it has denied any wrongdoing. FBI spokesman Stephen Emmett also declined to comment, citing department policy.

Return to myajc.com for the complete story.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/fbi-questions-ethics-lawyer-at-center-of-deal-comp/nbLLX/

HolyMoses likes this

New ethics chief was fired from previous job

Posted: 3:16 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6, 2014

Email 0Facebook 0Twitter 0ShareThis New

By Greg Bluestein, Aaron Gould Sheinin and Shannon McCaffrey - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The lawyer brought in to restore order to Georgia’s troubled ethics commission was fired last year from his job as a state judge for “failure to meet performance expectations,” according to records obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Robert Constantine was removed in August from his $100,000-a-year post as administrative law judge for the state workers compensation board, personnel records show. At least two commission members told the AJC they were aware Constantine had been fired from his previous job but said they remained confident in his abilities.

Last month, the five-member ethics commission tapped Constantine to oversee the agency, reeling from staff infighting and facing federal scrutiny for a probe involving Gov. Nathan Deal. The 66-year-old Constantine was touted as a respected insider with decades of experience as a lobbyist and attorney. He began work today.

In a phone interview, Constantine declined to get into specifics of his departure as a workers comp judge.

“I don’t think I was fired for a lack of ability. I think I was fired for other reasons,” he said in an interview. “But I’m not going to discuss that.”

Commission member Lawton Jordan told the AJC that Constantine was upfront about the dismissal when he and he and board chairman Kevin Abernethy interviewed him for the ethics job, a four-month position paying $4,000 a month.

“We discussed it (the firing) with him, we went over it with him, we asked questions about it,” Jordan said. “After hearing him describe it, Chairman Abernethy and I still thought 100 percent he was the best candidate for this job,” Jordan said.

“I still feel that way,” Jordan continued.

Constantine said his work history shouldn’t impact his ability to right the ship at the commission.

“I think I have the ability to do this job,” he said.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/new-ethics-chief-was-fired-from-previous-job/ncdcT/

laugh.png

New ethics chief was fired from previous job

Posted: 3:16 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6, 2014

Email 0Facebook 0Twitter 0ShareThis New

By Greg Bluestein, Aaron Gould Sheinin and Shannon McCaffrey - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The lawyer brought in to restore order to Georgia’s troubled ethics commission was fired last year from his job as a state judge for “failure to meet performance expectations,” according to records obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Robert Constantine was removed in August from his $100,000-a-year post as administrative law judge for the state workers compensation board, personnel records show. At least two commission members told the AJC they were aware Constantine had been fired from his previous job but said they remained confident in his abilities.

Last month, the five-member ethics commission tapped Constantine to oversee the agency, reeling from staff infighting and facing federal scrutiny for a probe involving Gov. Nathan Deal. The 66-year-old Constantine was touted as a respected insider with decades of experience as a lobbyist and attorney. He began work today.

In a phone interview, Constantine declined to get into specifics of his departure as a workers comp judge.

“I don’t think I was fired for a lack of ability. I think I was fired for other reasons,” he said in an interview. “But I’m not going to discuss that.”

Commission member Lawton Jordan told the AJC that Constantine was upfront about the dismissal when he and he and board chairman Kevin Abernethy interviewed him for the ethics job, a four-month position paying $4,000 a month.

“We discussed it (the firing) with him, we went over it with him, we asked questions about it,” Jordan said. “After hearing him describe it, Chairman Abernethy and I still thought 100 percent he was the best candidate for this job,” Jordan said.

“I still feel that way,” Jordan continued.

Constantine said his work history shouldn’t impact his ability to right the ship at the commission.

“I think I have the ability to do this job,” he said.

http://www.myajc.com...ious-job/ncdcT/

laugh.png

There seems to be a lot involved in this scandal that is either just now making the news or hasn't been brought to light yet.