Mike Smith What Are You Doing?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a 1-15 season vs a 13-3 season --maybe

playoffs vs no playoffs --maybe

What difference does that make when the Falcons have no chance in heIl of winning a game with their backup QB? I'd rather have the 1-15 season in knowing that the Falcons would get a great draft pick and get a good/great player instead of 13-3, another playoff embarrassment and a lousy draft pick.

Why on earth did we just kick a field goal with 14 seconds left? You have tony Gonzalez and Julio jones!!!! You could took two shots into the end zone. That was ********

Smfh!!!!!!!! Weak azz mike smith crap!!!!!!

And back to conservative play calling. How about one shot at end zone before we concede to a FG. Piss poor coaching decision.

They ^ might not know

I think it's not just a matter of yesterdays call, it's the overall conservative philosophy that we have seen over and over again. That's just the nature of smith, he's conservative. He has talked about changing his philosophy, but we haven't seen it. Not saying he made the wrong call yesterday but this is why the team has no killer instinct and has a conservative instinct.

What difference does that make when the Falcons have no chance in heIl of winning a game with their backup QB? I'd rather have the 1-15 season in knowing that the Falcons would get a great draft pick and get a good/great player instead of 13-3, another playoff embarrassment and a lousy draft pick.

To me the 13-3 season is everything

I do not put any stock in the current playoff system at all

so playoff wins and SB wins are not as important to me.

So we are both fans-- you want SB wins --I want BEST regular season records

does make either one of us right --just different

I think it's not just a matter of yesterdays call, it's the overall conservative philosophy that we have seen over and over again. That's just the nature of smith, he's conservative. He has talked about changing his philosophy, but we haven't seen it. Not saying he made the wrong call yesterday but this is why the team has no killer instinct and has a conservative instinct.

http://youtu.be/t9dqf9OHF1U

You can hear him tell Koetter "stay aggressive, stay aggressive!" there. The result? The offense couldn't do anything and Seattle came back. You guys are clutching at an "easy," and wrong, solution when it is much more complicated than that.

To me the 31-3 season is everything

I do not put any stock in the current plasyoff system at alol

so playoff wins and SB wins are not as importaznt to me.

are you serious with only wanting the best regular season records? Super Bowl wins don't matter to you

To me the 13-3 season is everything

I do not put any stock in the current playoff system at all

so playoff wins and SB wins are not as important to me.

I'm in your camp. Regualr season matters! A team must be competitive to even have a shot at a ring, we have been, currently are and will be competitive in the future. Smith, Ryan and TD are responsible for bringing the fun back back to Sundays in Atlanta...period, end of story!

Edited by Truthhurts

I'm in your camp. Regualr season matters! A team must be competitive to even have a shot at a ring, we have been, currently are and will be competitive in the future. Smith, Ryan and TD are responsible for bringing the fun back back to Sundays in Atlanta...period, end of story!

regular season does matter. But Super Bowls is what they play for.

are you serious with only wanting the best regular season records? Super Bowl wins don't matter to you

Yep and I will remain that way until they FIX the playoff system

please understand -- I will watch the playoffs and be glad if ATL wins it all

BUT its not high on my priority list --now it's just an NFL superhyped media gimmic

EX who has a 17--0 record ok who won SB21?

which do you know and which will you have to look up?

http://youtu.be/t9dqf9OHF1U

You can hear him tell Koetter "stay aggressive, stay aggressive!" there. The result? The offense couldn't do anything and Seattle came back. You guys are clutching at an "easy," and wrong, solution when it is much more complicated than that.

Ok, so what is the problem. Is our high power offense an illusion. Do we not have the playmakers to pull ahead and stay ahead. Is Matt Ryan a choker. I don't believe so. Therefore I put it on the coaching and the play calling. It's our offense that continually fails to maintain leads late in games by going three and out getting predictable and in turn putting the defense on the field way too much

Edited by <~MEAT GOAT~>

I had no problem with kicking a FG at the end of the first half. Doesn't anyone here remember what happened to the Saints and the Seahawks at the end of the first halves last year? Both teams weren't able to kick a field goal because the clock was running and they had no timeouts.

And doesn't anyone here remember what happened when we got aggressive against the Packers in the 2010 playoffs by passing the ball instead of playing for field goals? Two picks by Tramon Williams, one for a touchback (thanks Jenkins) and one for a crushing pick-six.

BTW, we were at the 21 yard line (for a 38 yard field goal). With 14 seconds left, a sack runs out the clock and any completion in-bounds short of the end zone also runs out the clock. Since his rookie year, Matt Bryant is 96% from 30-39 yards, which gives an expected value of 2.88 points for trying the field goal there. To get the same expected points value by going for the touchdown, you'd think you have at least a 41% chance of scoring a TD there. Considering that the Rams pass rush could have very easily sacked Ryan there, and that they'd be crowding the end zone, I think 41% might be tough. Judgment call, and I don't mind the field goal.

Ok, so what is the problem. Is our high power offense an illusion. Do we not have the playmakers to pull ahead and stay ahead. Is Matt Ryan a choker. I don't believe so. Therefore I put it on the coaching and the play calling

I will quote myself from another thread:

It actually goes back to 2010. The two games this year have been o-line problems, but we have seen everything imaginable in the last 3 years. 2011 Packers, Mularkey shut the offense down in the second half (this happened more often when he was here). 2011 Vikings, Curtis Lofton somehow ended up covering Percy Harvin. 2010 2nd Saints game, McClure rolled a snap on the turf and Abraham got tripped by the toe tackle while returning a Brees int for a TD. 2011 Titans, Locker comes in and goes ham on the D (this happened more often when BvG was here). 2010 Ravens game, the D suddenly couldn't stop them. Same for the Bengals game that year.

So, for the two games so far this year, it is a simple answer: bad o-line play. For the team's work as a whole, it is much more complicated.