Mike Smith What Are You Doing?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is playing good ole conservative football again.

At least take advantage of the field position and throw to the back pylons to stop the clock on incompletions and minimize the chance of an INT. This clearly shows that Smitty had no confidence in his offensive line in the redzone.

I think this is the real issue.

In any hurry-up situation it takes around 17 to 18 seconds to snap a play off. It takes a lot of time in that spot for the routes to get into the endzone. If Ryan is sacked there, or the ball is caught short, the half runs out.

That's why you throw it into the end zone and no it doesn't take that long to run a go route to the end zone.

True, Matt Ryan took a hard hit, BUT, Mike Smith has made similar BAD calls this season which have nothing to do with the team. On the other hand, so has Matt Ryan. Step up and accept responsibility for the inability of the Falcons over the last several years to convert in the red zone, then you can work on correcting it. Also, good job overall, (still, too many missed opportunities vs Caints) but I'm tired of leaving the opponents trailing in the first half, only to come back during the second half and have to dye my hair after the game.

A win is a win. You just want to find something to whine about to you can get some attention

No it's not. Playing like that is NOT going to win the Super Bowl and I don't know about you but I could care less about winning a bunch of regular season games if that means the Falcons will be EMBARRASSED yet again in the playoffs.

That's why you throw it into the end zone and no it doesn't take that long to run a go route to the end zone.

Yes it does. They were on the 15 yard line. He can't exactly three step drop and let it go. He has to take a hitch from that distance. Quinn almost caved his ribs in on the play before and they were in a two high look with the safeties. There were waiting for just that... a fade to the endzone.

Yes it does. They were on the 15 yard line. He can't exactly three step drop and let it go. He has to take a hitch from that distance. Quinn almost caved his ribs in on the play before and they were in a two high look with the safeties. There were waiting for just that... a fade to the endzone.

It's called taking a risk. People want to live in a **** bubble and not live life. The heIi with that! Grow some balls and live life!

I can see both sides of this argument.

However, if Smith's reasoning to kick on 2nd down in the red zone with plenty of time for not one, but two passes into the end zone, was injury influenced, I'd half to question this somewhat. Why? There's still 30 more minutes of football left, the Falcons, you may have heard, has struggled to hold large leads, so I think just one or two shots into the end zone to go up 4 scores (25 points) could actually benefit you from an injury standpoint! We're only talking a play or two piloted by a pro bowl QB with three pro bowl receiving targets.

I can tell you this. The Falcon fans sitting around me we're in shock, while the few Rams fans nearby were most grateful to see Bryant lining up to kick on 2nd down around their 15 with 16 seconds left. 24-3 is a three score deficit; 28-3, a four score deficit.

What would I have done? I would have attempted, at least, one pass into the end zone. Why? In addition to the above, the Rams were getting the ball to open the 2nd half.