Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CEO_PARLAY

Does Watching The Patriots Piss Any Of You Off?

405 posts in this topic

It does piss me off watching the Patriots play because they have a great offensive line every single year, which is WHY they are such a good scoring offense year in and year out. We are seeing firsthand why it's silly to go for tons of skill players as opposed to building your offensive line. Patriots led the league in PPG last year, we did not, and look at who we have on offense.

kane#7 and Falconsfan567 like this

This is why I don't think Brady is THE BEST quarterback in the league. He's definitely not average though.

Also: Say you were awakened from a coma in mid-2005 and new nothing of the past, you'd probably just consider Tom Brady to be a guy who couldn't win the big one.

Yes, sorry i meant to say above average, he's good but he's not top notch, not to me anyways.

As for the people saying Brady doesnt really have weapons im pretty sure he had welker last year, he's a pretty good weapon... oh and those TE's he had? Easy to target a big TE when they have 7 seconds to get open.

Anywho enough of that. Yes the Pats piss me off, i just do not like that team

Seems like this is a bashing Ryan thread. Ryan is a wry good QB elite at that. If Ryan had 5 seconds to throw he could do the exact same thing as Brady. Scheme is the biggest difference between the Patriots and Falcons. We run anywhere between 55-65 plays where the pats run 75-89 plays a game. That's a huge difference

It does piss me off watching the Patriots play because they have a great offensive line every single year, which is WHY they are such a good scoring offense year in and year out. We are seeing firsthand why it's silly to go for tons of skill players as opposed to building your offensive line. Patriots led the league in PPG last year, we did not, and look at who we have on offense.

What does that have to do with this year? They clearly aren't the same team as last year. Top 5 receivers all gone.

crazy thing is, they built that line off late draft round picks. Where as we want defensive ends and linebackers over here as falcon fans. This year and the Julio pick may be td best first rounder not named matt ryan

Yes, sorry i meant to say above average, he's good but he's not top notch, not to me anyways.

As for the people saying Brady doesnt really have weapons im pretty sure he had welker last year, he's a pretty good weapon... oh and those TE's he had? Easy to target a big TE when they have 7 seconds to get open.

No one considered Welker elite before he got there...

Those big TEs we don't know if they were great because of Brady or because they are good .

I think Brady > Manning because he has done more with less. (Manning has usually had good Olines)

Mr. Right likes this

What does that have to do with this year? They clearly aren't the same team as last year. Top 5 receivers all gone.

They still won the game. The Pats ALWAYS struggle out of the gate and every year we hear "Oh no is this the year the Patriots lose this division?" and it never happens. Gronk will be back, and that alone will be enough for their offense to flourish.

Brady helped Welker a lot.

Those big TEs we don't know if they were great because of Brady or because they are good .

I think Brady > Manning because he has done more with less. (Manning has usually had good Olines)

With Manning, his O-Line was great as a Colt, Without, pretty much the same O-Line, while Peyton was out, was one of the worst. (i think it was the same o-line wasn't it?)

crazy thing is, they built that line off late draft round picks. Where as we want defensive ends and linebackers over here as falcon fans. This year and the Julio pick may be td best first rounder not named matt ryan

You gotta love how we draft DE's what seems like every year then they ride the bench for years and this forum always talks about how much potential they have. Then TD goes out and signs a veteran DE 4 years past his prime and we ride him till he has nothing left.

Brady goes down, Pats still go 11-5

Manning goes down, #1 pick

Who has more?

sorry, a little above average. Look at what happens when Brady is out, they still do well, look at the QB who went to the Chiefs, he didnt do great in KC but did really well when he played while Brady was out. All the Manning vs Brady that was out there, i always that Manning was leagues above Brady. Games are fought and won in the Trenches for the most part, but sometimes a QB can even make up for that, and Manning can do that. imo Matt Ryan is better then Brady, if given the O-Line that Brady has played with then Ryan would be on top of the world. Manning is the best QB ever imo though... Peyton Manning that is.

you do realize Manning had a good line in Indy right?

I realize most of you will call me a homer, but I think most of you are over exaggerating the difference in Ryan and Brady. I think you put Ryan on the Patriots instead of Brady and their numbers are extremely similar.

MisterC and Falconsfan567 like this

They have Belichek (despite his cheating) - we have Mike Smith. Enough said. Players really dont matter, coaching makes all the difference. Every player in the NFL has potential, its about the coaches making them win.

CEO_PARLAY likes this

Brady an average QB? You must have just started watching football yesterday.

I've watched football my whole life, i watch the o-line, i have played RB, nowhere near professional level but i do know it stays the same where an O-Line can be a huge differance maker in running, i also know it is the same for passing because without them there are defenders all over the QB.

Most people on here, probably including you are media lovers and that all you follow, never judging things for yourself. This is something i do, always have and always will.

So it is in my very own opinion that the O-Line is what makes Brady look Very Elite, While he is a Good Quarterback himself, his scheme and O-Line make him look that much better.

Matt Ryan's average time is under 3 seconds i think to throw the ball whereas Brady's is well over 3. That's a huge difference and i do not care who you are or what kind of weapon you are it is hard to get open in the short window of time.

Not really. We actually have a lot of similarities, but a little more toned down. Brady is getting pressured. He had a three and out. Just like us on Sunday. They barely beat the Bills this past weekend. They aren't scared of failure. That's Belichick.

The difference between the Pats and Falcons when it comes mentality is that Belichick does not care about the unofficial code of not running up the score on people. The Saints, Seahawks, and Packers don't as well.

Smitty believes in toning it down after being a certain amount of points ahead just for a good show of sportsmanship.

With Manning, his O-Line was great as a Colt, Without, pretty much the same O-Line, while Peyton was out, was one of the worst. (i think it was the same o-line wasn't it?)

Brady goes down, Pats still go 11-5

Manning goes down, #1 pick

Who has more?

Matt Cassel is 10x better than whoever the Colts had at QB.

Also that was a 10-6 team with Peyton Manning. (2-14 without him 8 win difference)

The Cassel team the year before went 18-1 to (11-5 without him 7 win difference)

Mr. Right likes this

I realize most of you will call me a homer, but I think most of you are over exaggerating the difference in Ryan and Brady. I think you put Ryan on the Patriots instead of Brady and their numbers are extremely similar.

I think Ryan's would be higher