Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JBOPPER

Yeah This Roster Will Scare The East......

27 posts in this topic

6 Pero Antic F-C 6-11 260 07/29/1982 Macedonia R 14 Gustavo Ayon F-C 6-10 250 04/01/1985 Baloncesto Fuenlabrada/Mexico 2 42 Elton Brand F-C 6-9 254 03/11/1979 Duke/USA 14 5 DeMarre Carroll F 6-8 212 07/27/1986 Missouri/USA 4 7 Jared Cunningham G 6-4 195 05/22/1991 Oregon State/USA 1 15 Al Horford F-C 6-10 250 06/03/1986 Florida/Dominican Republic 6 12 John Jenkins G 6-4 215 03/06/1991 Vanderbilt/USA 1 26 Kyle Korver G 6-7 212 03/17/1981 Creighton/USA 10 8 Shelvin Mack G 6-3 207 04/22/1990 Butler/USA 2 4 Paul Millsap F 6-8 253 02/10/1985 Louisiana Tech/USA 7 10 Johan Petro (FA) C 7-0 247 01/27/1986 Pau Orthez/France 8 17 Dennis Schroeder G 6-1 168 09/15/1993 Germany R 32 Mike Scott F 6-8 237 07/16/1988 Virginia/USA 1 0 Jeff Teague G 6-2 181 06/10/1988 Wake Forest/USA 4 3 Louis Williams G 6-1 175 10/27/1986 South Gwinnett HS (Snellville, GA)/USA 8

And who really on this roster besides Horford,Teague,and maybe Korver is worth anything??????

I just want them to play hard and gel as a unit as the season progresses. Who knows? If the Hawks can stay healthy, especially Horford, the Hawks just might land that 7th or 8th playoff spot.

I just want them to play hard and gel as a unit as the season progresses. Who knows? If the Hawks can stay healthy, especially Horford, the Hawks just might land that 7th or 8th playoff spot.

And continue to remain completely and totally irrelevant.

JBOPPER likes this

Yeah this team won't scare but certainly won't be terrible aside from Lou Will, Elton Brand should be a solid backup. Easy 5-8 seed.

I`ll take the wait and see approach.I love the Hawks almost like the Falcons or Braves but to me all are still cursed by being in the ATL.

One World title in 1995..............I always wait till next year,I`m ready for that year to be now like most Atlanta fans.

I think this will be somewhat of a breakout year for Jenkins too.

Kid can get buckets and has been working on driving to the rim during summer league. Excited to see his growth.

I like this team......Please remember that - of all the major league sports - NBA basketball is the most difficult to build a winning team that can compete for a championship....

Chicago Bulls went 20 years with no championships with Michael Jordan. Cavaliers were relevant for 5 years with LeBron and got to the finals twice.

Bottom-line, its very difficult to win an NBA championship without a "top 5" NBA superstar. Danny Ferry is purposely taking a step back for the hope/chance of taking two to three steps foward. We will need some luck in draft lottery(if we miss playoffs - which I hope we do) and hopefully being able to lure a key free agent.

Hawks have a good start with Korver, Millsap, Teague and developmental players PG-Schroeder(who I really like) and Noguera(legit Center prospect).

Yea, I think Jenkins will have a really good year also.

Well we may have jinxed him. He's hurt. And Lou's not gonna be ready for game one. The starters right now are:

Teague

Korver

Carroll

Milsap

Horford

I like this team......Please remember that - of all the major league sports - NBA basketball is the most difficult to build a winning team that can compete for a championship....

Chicago Bulls went 20 years with no championships with Michael Jordan. Cavaliers were relevant for 5 years with LeBron and got to the finals twice.

Bottom-line, its very difficult to win an NBA championship without a "top 5" NBA superstar. Danny Ferry is purposely taking a step back for the hope/chance of taking two to three steps foward. We will need some luck in draft lottery(if we miss playoffs - which I hope we do) and hopefully being able to lure a key free agent.

Hawks have a good start with Korver, Millsap, Teague and developmental players PG-Schroeder(who I really like) and Noguera(legit Center prospect).

you forgot about two time national champion, NBA all star, Florida gator, al horford, he's kind of a big deal, son.

I hope we suck...**** I want a chance at wiggins lol...can you imagine wiggins and shredder ?

Have some really nice pieces moving forward. Millsap signing still leaves me confused, not sure what they want to do with him. Ferry should target either a SF or C since i'm pretty sure the Hawks will get a lottery pick this year. I also think if Dennis gets enough minutes he could be in the running for ROY.

Based Schroder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuUykxZ2XPo

I feel people here dont know basketball i really do, i will bet u anything the Hawks will win 42 to 46 games LOTTERY!!! Come on people there's talent on this team

The Hawks can be as high as the 4 seed and as low as out of the playoffs. They honestly have a MUCH better team than what they fielded last year. They have distributors now, instead of a bunch of guys who just jack up shots. This team will make the extra pass, and I believe we will be a more physical team in the paint. Millsap doesn't have the flashy defensive statistics that Smith has career wise, but I would argue that Milsap will be much better than Smith has been the past couple of seasons. Also, we have a new coach who has learned a ton from a great coach. This team isn't capable of winning the championship, but we should easily be in the playoffs.

Kinda messed up, but part of me sorta hope this is us. ph34r.png

http://fansided.com/...ns-tank-season/

NBA free agency is now monopolized among a few select franchises and right now we're just not one of those cities. Only way we can get out of it is to strike gold in the draft.

If Wiggins or Randal are all their projected to be then what's one losing season (in which we can't win it all anyway) compared with a potential decade of contention.

At the same time this mindset sorta disgusts me and I feel any GM that takes on this mindset before tipping off a single game does not deserve his salary. You play to win the game!!!

So I'm split

Kinda messed up, but part of me sorta hope this is us. ph34r.png

http://fansided.com/...ns-tank-season/

NBA free agency is now monopolized among a few select franchises and right now we're just not one of those cities. Only way we can get out of it is to strike gold in the draft.

If Wiggins or Randal are all their projected to be then what's one losing season (in which we can't win it all anyway) compared with a potential decade of contention.

At the same time this mindset sorta disgusts me and I feel any GM that takes on this mindset before tipping off a single game does not deserve his salary. You play to win the game!!!

So I'm split

At the end of the day, to us it's entertainment but to them it's a business. Do you take one year of down sales/revenue to potentially make a ton of money later down the road? Or do you settle for your middle of the pack status and hope that you play enough big market teams to draw in the fans to raise your income?