Vaccaro Hit On Ryan

jimmy21

They show Clay Matthews pulling Kap down on the sideline, which Kap saw coming, Vaccaro late hit to Ryans ribs, obviously hurt Ryan and didn't get any reaction from the Falcons O-line. It would have been nice to see someone stick up for Ryan. I have yet to see that Hit shown on NFLnetwork, maybe they afraid that someone might bring up "Bounty"

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They show Clay Matthews pulling Kap down on the sideline, which Kap saw coming, Vaccaro late hit to Ryans ribs, obviously hurt Ryan and didn't get any reaction from the Falcons O-line. It would have been nice to see someone stick up for Ryan. I have yet to see that Hit shown on NFLnetwork, maybe they afraid that someone might bring up "Bounty"

guarantee Dahl would have

I somewhat agree and disagree. That late hit on Ryan happens just about in every game to a certain degree. That hit on Kap is the kinda play that will get your team in a scrap. The Vaccaro hit was very bad timing on his part and he has to learn to pull up when the qb is going into his slide. Plus the flags immediately flew so there was no need to negate that. But if Ryan was hit on the sideline like that his team would've been there to back him up.

guarantee Dahl would have

No doubt.

That bothered me too, no OL was to be found .....

Matt just said on 680 the fan that it just knocked the breath out if him. Said he had hard time calling next play in huddle because he couldn't breath. I was scared it was a broken rib.

Not saying this negates what the OP said but just wanted to mention that.

Pat Hill may have said something about that. At least I hope he did. My only guess is that the flag flew immediately they didn't have time to push anybody.

that and retaliation on that particular penalty wouldn't have helped us. In a way, they were smart about it. I know what the problem is. Matt doesn't feed his linemen like tom Brady does. Or buy them gifts

that and retaliation on that particular penalty wouldn't have helped us. In a way, they were smart about it. I know what the problem is. Matt doesn't feed his linemen like tom Brady does. Or buy them gifts

Lol. Right? But yea it happened so fast it was smarter to not do anything. We already had the first down and that tacked on more yards. If Matt got hit like Kap tho I think the line would've been there to take up for their qb.

The difference between the 49ers incident and the hit on Ryan is that there was no scrum to come from it. That being said, THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING DONE BY THE OFFENSIVE LINEMEN. They're paid to protect the QB!

What could be done? Matt scrambled for a first down and got hit while sliding. Refs threw flags immediately. There was no time to do anything. A sideline hit on Matt like on Kap and the line would've been there.

IMHO, the O-line unit is thinking too much about individual assignments. Therefore, confidence and aggression has taken a back seat.

I'm not saying retaliate just be in the general vicinity LOL h e l l I know Dahl would have been over there. Look most of the times that general stay the course, nothing bother us routine is fine, but considering the Falcons record against the Saints maybe a little passion wouldn't have hurt.

Just feel like they let one slip away would hate to lose the division or home field because of it. Not freaking out on the season will hold off on that till later LOL.

But it's needless to say that loss makes Sunday game even more important, I think the Falcons respond.