Rams, Did Everyone Forget How Good We Are At Home

Once again, I hope we cruise to victory but I don't know why anyone expects us to do so. A good home record before has little bearing on what will happen Sunday. We had to squeak out victories last year against Arizona, Carolina, & Oakland all at home last year. I'm just as nervous for this game as I am for every game.

Are we going to have some mistakes , sure but mark my words .... We will play lights out this week at home

We are 1-2 in our last three home games with the lone win coming in a squeaker after a miracle last minute FG.

If we come out like we did against the Aints Sunday the STL defense will punk us bad. Trust me.

I don't think we've ever started a season 0-2 under Smitty but if we show up half assin it, it could happen. 0-2 would send this board into a tailspin.

Very few teams start out 0-2 and make the playoffs (probably under 12%) and only two or three have started 0-2 and won a ring.

RTFU.

Once again, I hope we cruise to victory but I don't know why anyone expects us to do so. A good home record before has little bearing on what will happen Sunday. We had to squeak out victories last year against Arizona, Carolina, & Oakland all at home last year. I'm just as nervous for this game as I am for every game.

^This.

We are 1-2 in our last three home games with the lone win coming in a squeaker after a miracle last minute FG.

If we come out like we did against the Aints Sunday the STL defense will punk us bad. Trust me.

I don't think we've ever started a season 0-2 under Smitty but if we show up half assin it, it could happen. 0-2 would send this board into a tailspin.

Very few teams start out 0-2 and make the playoffs (probably under 12%) and only two or three have started 0-2 and won a ring.

RTFU.

^^And This.

We've got to stop relying on our record at home, regardless how good it is. Championship-calibre teams make no distinction between how they play at home and how they play on the road. The Patriots are a good example in that they're favored almost every week whether home or away. It's the same with the Niners. On paper, the Falcons have the talent to go deep into the playoffs and perhaps even win it all; but they have yet to prove that they have the mental fortitude to impose their will on teams when they're on the road. If and when they start to do that they will be a team to be reckoned with, but they're not right now. Sorry to say that, but it's true.

We've got to stop relying on our record at home, regardless how good it is. Championship-calibre teams make no distinction between how they play at home and how they play on the road. The Patriots are a good example in that they're favored almost every week whether home or away. It's the same with the Niners. On paper, the Falcons have the talent to go deep into the playoffs and perhaps even win it all; but they have yet to prove that they have the mental fortitude to impose their will on teams when they're on the road. If and when they start to do that they will be a team to be reckoned with, but they're not right now. Sorry to say that, but it's true.

Banker, actually we've been fairly decent on the road under Smitty. We are 23-18 since he came here. That's a (.561) winning%, which aint bad. The problem is we only seem to fair well in even years when facing easier schedules. We're 16-8 in even years (.667) but only 7-10 in odd years (.412), when facing tougher schedules. More importantly, we're 0-2 in road playoff games. Not good considering we may have to play on the road, if we make it to the second season.

Banker, actually we've been fairly decent on the road under Smitty. We are 23-18 since he came here. That's a (.561) winning%, which aint bad. The problem is we only seem to fair well in even years when facing easier schedules. We're 16-8 in even years (.667) but only 7-10 in odd years (.412), when facing tougher schedules. More importantly, we're 0-2 in road playoff games. Not good considering we may have to play on the road, if we make it to the second season.

Understood and your points are well-taken. I guess I'd just like to see the Falcons develop the mental capacity to match their physical capacity so that that road winning percentage improves, because road games provide more of a mental challenge than when playing at home. If the Falcons want a Lombardi badly enough, they'll do whatever it takes to get it, and not even having to win on the road will stand in the way.