My Thoughts On The Game

My thoughts on the game

It seem like we continue to let the Saints ink out those close victory at their house... We had our chances before the last 2 plays but we didnt take advantage of the opportunities we had to win... I will say this tho... I know Tony and Steven is beating themselves up this morning (will be over it tonight) ... Matt threw 2 perfect balls... Steven Jackson ball basically hit him in the face mask and i know some will say kenny vaccaro tipped that ball but dude he got figure tips on that ball... I think this highly of Tony... I can make a highlight video out of tip ball catches he has made for us... The ball hit him dead in the center of his hands on this play...

With the O-Line... The young guys just needs to gell man.... Ppl will complain about Holmes but besides a rough 2 or 3 stretch on a couple bullrushes... The guy didnt have a terrible game like some are saying.... The guy that im shocked by.... Literally... From the first pass play (Blalock got beat to) to the last place play (2 man rush) .. Baker was beat... This was terrible game by baker... Go back and look at the 3rd and goal after we stopped the saints on 4th down... Everyone gave Ryan a clean pocket except Baker got beat ... Ryan had to throw the ball away so that forced us to take a FG...Not only was he beat alot but his holding penalty in the 4th quarter not only killed a important drive for us but he also rob HD of his 100 yard game when they 17 yard gainer was taken back after the penalty.,, Im not going to over react because he had a good year last year... ill chalk this up to one bad game for now.

Matt Ryan is Matt Ryan... The dude is a top tier QB.. he had no hand in this loss.. The guy put the ball where it was suppose to go.

HD def stepped up in this game.... The guy played like the guy we know he can be (well us who havnt gave up on him)

Steven Jackson is the RB we need but you must catch that ball.

On D I will start with the good... Ppl are crazy if you are not giving Osi his props ... Dude had a good game... plz go back and watch it... He had pressure on brees and he really had a sack but they gave it to Peria because he "finished it"

The rookies CB's did their thing... I cant lie sunday morning when i was chilling with my boys before the game and heard Asante was out.... I was thinking... My god 2 rookie CB's vs Brees .... They played pretty good... 2 different style CB's but both looked promising at what they do...

Our team played really good run D... 66 yards total for all 3 of their RB's are very good.... Babs is really good at penetrating the run game... Peters was stout

Now to the bad... I said it in the preseason and ill say it again... We get no pressure up the middle... Osi can get around the edge all he wants but if brees can just step up in a clean pocket its no point... He has to do his inside rushing move to get home... I mean noooooo pass rush up the middle.. If we had one guy that can get us good pass rush up the middle our D would be very good.

Akeem Dent... Im not even about to bash you like most... He was part of the reason our run D was good... But like Lofton... Dude is not meant to be in coverage at alll... Especially not man coverage.

William Moore... Im a William Moore fan... I have been for day 1.... The Sproles beat him on big passing plays in man coverage twice... When William Moore is asked to come down hill dude will lay you out and can make plays..... Also William Moore MUST COME DOWN WITH THAT INT.... That cost us 7 points... The difference between a win or loss.

Thomas Decoud tackling..... Smh... Decoud has the tools... He is just inconsistent.

The Coaching... We need to keep Steven Jackson in the game on the goal line... He gives us the element of the run and pass option... When quizz is in there it is most likely a pass.... The saints rushed 3 and dropped back 8 in coverage... If Steven Jackson is in the backfield... I run that ball.on the 3 yard line

It was just 1 game... I dont know why we have this chance to beat the saints at their house but we just cant finish the deal... Tuff loss but this was one game we just let go...

Good post ^

If anyone--ANYONE--on this board was told before the game that Samuel was out, White would be nothing but a decoy, and we will be starting two rookies in the secondary against the Saints at home this person would have picked the Brees led Saints Offense to win....yet we had it won with a pinpoint placed, game winning TD that was dropped.

Edited by Quarterback

Good post ^

If anyone--ANYONE--on this board was told before the game that Samuel was out, White would be nothing but a decoy, and we will be starting two rookies in the secondary against the Saints at home this person would have picked the Brees led Saints Offense to win....yet we had it won with a pinpoint placed, game winning TD that was dropped.

Except that the worst defense in history was also missing half of their players too

I have to agree with you on every point. Honestly I really wanted help on the lines this off season a good tackle on O and a big body on the D line. I think Babs gets pretty good penetration from the inside mostly. So I was pessimistic coming into this game thinking we are looking at a 9-7 or 10-6 win season.

This game was heart breaking as any game we loose to the Aints is. But even in the loss I felt better coming out of this game than I felt going into it.

The line is O-line is horrid as many worried. I never was sold on Baker he has had one descent season since being drafted. The right side is a complete overhaul. Really wished we would have popped for a vet here.

The pleasant surprise was the defense! The rooks looked good in coverage mostly. Our D-line wasn't bad and got some push and pressure. I know Nolan knows 20 times more than I do about defense. But can someone explain to me why we are using DE's to cover a very athletic TE? I love the Beer-man but I don't want to see him drop into the secondary on an obvious passing down to bring secondary pressure in his place. We should have learned from the final 2 games and the playoffs last year not to leave a DE or slower LB on the TE across the middle we got eat up with that last year!!!

Tony would rather stay in sunny California than get into game shape. The game yesterday was like his first contact drills in camp and it cost us 7mill and the game. Odds are Coffman makes the catch, we win the game.

I would had liked to see gonzo and Coffman on that last play and the ball go to Coffman...not that I don't trust gonzo but no one would expect Coffman the go to in that play. We just don't use our no names like some teams do.

JBO for me on offense my biggest concern is what is Quizz's roll now I remember 1 play especially its was a designed run where he hesitated and took a 4 yard loss.

Now when I looked at again sure our G's didn't create a hole but Konz penetrated and for me Quizz needed to stick his head down and followed Konz's penetration and get those 2-3 yards but hesitated in the backfield and got blown up for a 4 yard loss.

At this point I don't really see a spot for Quizz.

Defensively you said it Dent in coverage = nightmare especially against Graham and on the Colston TD he just can't cover guys like that down the seam we need an urgent adustment in that area and in a hurry.

Overall though I'm happy about the defense they were getting pressure and the added speed behind the LBers is impressive.

On the Stills long gain Mclain got beat but still had him covered for speed and Alford flying down the sideline was a site to see.

You can say what ever you want about Holmes and I am not going to buy into it.

Holmes is a lazy F±A±S who is not in shape to play a full game.

Someone in the Falcons is to blame because this is the NFL and every

player should be able to play a full game.

We reflect back on the preseason where Holmes was puking.

Last night proved that he was not in shape then and is not now.

So go on sipping the koolaid like some moronic blind loyalist.

When this PoS RT lets Ryan get knocked out for the season you

are not going to be happy watching some other team from our division

win a Super Bowl.

You best be praying that Trueblood is ready to go in 3 weeks.

Say what you want but everytime I go on a War Path yall tell

me to Chill Out.

2009 Corner Backs,,,,,,pure trash

2012 Turner the FAS,,,,,,,,what a waste.

2013 Holmes and Reynolds. More Garbage

So who is to blame for Holmes being out of shape?

TD ?

Smitty?

Pat Hill?

Neibel?

Holmes?

The correct Answer is all of the above, but Pat Hill will get fired

when this was everybodys fault!

You can say what ever you want about Holmes and I am not going to buy into it.

Holmes is a lazy F±A±S who is not in shape to play a full game.

Someone in the Falcons is to blame because this is the NFL and every

player should be able to play a full game.

We reflect back on the preseason where Holmes was puking.

Last night proved that he was not in shap then and is not now.

So go on sipping the koolaid like some moronic blind loyalist.

When this PoS RT lets Ryan get knocked out for the season you

are not going to be happy watching some other team from our division

win a Super Bowl.

You best be praying that Trueblood is ready to go in 3 weeks.

Say what you want but everytime I go on a War Path yall tell

me to Chill Out.

2009 Corner Backs,,,,,,pure trash

2012 Turner the FAS,,,,,,,,what a waste.

2013 Holmes and Reynolds. More Garbage

Lazy is loaded word though. Did you see Konz's comments about how hard Holmes has been working to improve his game?

Lazy is loaded word though. Did you see Konz's comments about how hard Holmes has been working to improve his game?

Oh ok so the guy is working hard.

When Ryan gets carted off the field are you going to say oh well,

at least Holmes was working hard at improving his game?

Any efforts to Stand up for Holmes will yeild the same result

as Holmes trying to protect Ryan.

I would had liked to see gonzo and Coffman on that last play and the ball go to Coffman...not that I don't trust gonzo but no one would expect Coffman the go to in that play. We just don't use our no names like some teams do.

We should have called that Mike Johnson 2012 play again. That would have been fkn hilarious if we pulled that off on em two years in a row.