Pff Grades For Atlanta - Week 1

How does Jerry get a sack and he has 0.0 for pass rush? Even if you don't consider it his sack, he was in the position to clean up.

Their Pass Rush formula breaks down like this. They add up all the sacks, hits, and hurries by a defender, divide it by the number of snaps they had rushing the passer, then multiply it by 100. They scale it so that hits and hurries are only worth three quarters the value of a sack.

Make of it what you will, but if you look at Jerry's numbers -- he was 1 sack, no hits and no hurries on 21 pass rushing attempts, so I guess the 0.0 is a roundabout way of saying he had a quiet day rushing the passer outside of the sack.

Their Pass Rush formula breaks down like this. They add up all the sacks, hits, and hurries by a defender, divide it by the number of snaps they had rushing the passer, then multiply it by 100. They scale it so that hits and hurries are only worth three quarters the value of a sack.

Make of it what you will, but if you look at Jerry's numbers -- he was 1 sack, no hits and no hurries on 21 pass rushing attempts, so I guess the 0.0 is a roundabout way of saying he had a quiet day rushing the passer outside of the sack.

I guess. I'm not the biggest PFF fan anyway. The fact that half of them never played football before makes their analysis borderline useless at times because they have no clue what the assignments are. It's fun to look at though.

I guess. I'm not the biggest PFF fan anyway. The fact that half of them never played football before makes their analysis borderline useless at times because they have no clue what the assignments are. It's fun to look at though.

Yeah, I feel you. I don't like just looking at numbers to quantify a game, because it's easy to get fooled, but I don't think they're totally useless.

It graded Tony Gonzalez a neutral in pass blocking, and in screen blocking. That hit on Matt sure didn't look neutral to me!

It graded Steven Jackson, who dropped two easy catches--- one of which would have been the game winner--- in the green

It downgraded Holmes for hits that occurred because Ryan rolled that direction, outside the hashes, to escape pressure Baker/Blalock allowed.

PFF: Pure Fluff Foolishness.

So in other words, one play is how you grade a player.

Dumb.