Pff Grades For Atlanta - Week 1

Meaningless and inaccurate.Kroy was near perfect in his assigned coverage responsibility: chuck&release. Babineaux a negative in pass rush? PFF is less meaningful, less relevant than Madden ratings.

I actually think this is decently accurate. Of course it can't calculate situational stats.

Things it got right

- I think it's right that Corey Peters played well. Babineux disrupted their run game all day as well.

- Decoud played poorly especially in pass coverage.

- Dent was a liability in pass coverage (although sometimes it seemed like this was Nolan's playcalling for leaving him in on 3rd downs)

- I thought Alford played exceptional too.

I actually think this is decently accurate.

This idiotic site graded Garrett Reynolds and JUSTIN BLALOCK!!! blink.png positively.

It graded Konz, who anyone who actually watched can attest was our best and most effective lineman, in the red.

It graded Tony Gonzalez a neutral in pass blocking, and in screen blocking. That hit on Matt sure didn't look neutral to me!

It graded Steven Jackson, who dropped two easy catches--- one of which would have been the game winner--- in the green

It downgraded Holmes for hits that occurred because Ryan rolled that direction, outside the hashes, to escape pressure Baker/Blalock allowed.

PFF: Pure Fluff Foolishness.

He only ran 56 plays!?!?!?

NE ran 89 yesterday.

Holy **** do we need to hit the gas pedal more.

This is a by product of New Orleans running so much on first down. Our time of possession yesterday was only 24:49. We averaged almost 31 minutes last season. They schemed to shorten the length of the game. It was the best way to protect their defense.

I cant lie... Sometimes PFF stats lose me ... Osi had 5 Hurries a hit and suppose to have a sack but his grade is negative...... How is tru grade negative .. I clearly saw William more get beat deep on 2 plays but he grades out good in coverage ? ...

Im going to just leave it alone

I would strongly suggest spending the $27 for an annual subscription. You get used to their evaluations the more you use the site.

This idiotic site graded Garrett Reynolds and JUSTIN BLALOCK!!! blink.png positively.

It graded Konz, who anyone who actually watched can attest was our best and most effective lineman, in the red.

It graded Tony Gonzalez a neutral in pass blocking, and in screen blocking. That hit on Matt sure didn't look neutral to me!

It graded Steven Jackson, who dropped two easy catches--- one of which would have been the game winner--- in the green

It downgraded Holmes for hits that occurred because Ryan rolled that direction, outside the hashes, to escape pressure Baker/Blalock allowed.

PFF: Pure Fluff Foolishness.

I think someone at PFF is related to Reynolds, or they are being bought.

Peters was graded as a negative on pass rush but had a sack and a Hurry,

Pff is something to look at when your bored, but I wouldn't put any faith in it

The sack was due to the pressure from the edge rush. If I remember the play correctly, it was a blitz from the secondary that forced Brees to step up. Peters gets graded down because he only had 1 QB hurry in 25 rushing attempts. That's not good at all.

And you could tell watching the game yesterday that no one was getting pressure up the middle.

Meaningless and inaccurate.Kroy was near perfect in his assigned coverage responsibility: chuck&release. Babineaux a negative in pass rush? PFF is less meaningful, less relevant than Madden ratings.

Agreed, These ratings are a joke. Babineaux dominated a probowl guard all game long and was consistently in their backfield. So much so he started being double teamed.

I typically take PFF with less than a grain of salt, but Trufant got a negative score in pass coverage? Seriously? I'd like to know how they came up with that.

What they have is a buncha computer nerds sitting at home doming outsource work (possibly from India) that they pay $10 an hour to look at each player in each game and make a quick call on each play if its positive or negative. Its not an exact science, especially in one game, however, it is a good indicator over a period of time. Trash is Trash is Trash no matter how you slice it. When someone sucks its easy to see.