Time For A Change At Hc - Flame Away

coastiemike

The stupidity that floods the boards after a loss sometimes....GOODNESS.

422_1316_idiots-idiots-everywhere_0.jpg

Yea, that might be kind of strong but sometimes I feel like stupidity is allowed to run rampant on these boards.

Easy to call names. Hard to refute facts.

Can you explain why we called TO with :52 seconds with a 1st and goal from the 7? Ok, maybe it was just a bad day.

How about the end of the Seattle playoff game when we onside kick it and give Seattle a good chance to get within FG range to win. Any explanation for that decision?

Hmmm....how about going for it on 4th and 1 at your own 28 against the Saints at home last year? Was that a sound coaching decision?

I can keep listing poor coaching decisions if you like.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see him getting owned. I saw him getting pushed back consistently in the second half and playing poorly along with most of our O-Line, but not getting run over. If anyone was owned in the 2nd half, it looked like Baker to me. Holmes at least had a good first half in his first career start.

I remember Holmes making a good block on that SJax screen on the final drive. You describe "owned" like I said about LH...SB as well.

This is why no one respects our fan base and why we're the butt end of every ******* joke. It's you losers contributing to it. So proud to be part of such a pathetic fan base people make fun of it on the daily. This thread after today's game is an awful look. It's actually embarrassing for a team that has been successful as it has in recent years. Love my Falcons, hate the way our fan base represents this team.

YOU ******* WANT TO KNOW WHY THE MEDIA DOESN'T RESPECT THIS TEAM WHEN WE'RE WINNING, IT'S BECAUSE OF THREADS LIKE THIS ********. WHO WOULD RESPECT SUCH CHILDISH BEHAVIOR? YOU'RE A FAN, REPRESENT YOUR ******* TEAM BETTER. ACT LIKE A MAN NOT A COMPLETE *****!

Edited by JBourneMurkedU

Yep, everything is rainbows and unicorns and nothing wrong with this team. People don't respect this fan base because Vick gets more cheers when he made his debut with the Eagles. They don't respect this fan base because they can't fill the seats until midway through the first quarter. They don't respect this fan base because playoff tickets are still available on Ticketmaster three days before kick off.

Calling out weaknesses of the team is not the sign of a disloyal fan base. It's a sign of a realistic point of view. I see you threw out the same old, tired argument that any criticism is a poor fan base but you failed to refute any of the three poor coaching decisions I listed. How about addressing the question instead of just regurgitating the same tired excuse anytime someone points out a problem with this team.

YOU ******* WANT TO KNOW WHY THE MEDIA DOESN'T RESPECT THIS TEAM WHEN WE'RE WINNING, IT'S BECAUSE OF THREADS LIKE THIS ********. WHO WOULD RESPECT SUCH CHILDISH BEHAVIOR? YOU'RE A FAN, REPRESENT YOUR ******* TEAM BETTER. ACT LIKE A MAN NOT A COMPLETE *****!

It isnt threads like this. I doubt they even read these message boards. Its Because we give up 20 point and 17 point leads at home in the playoffs? Maybe it was finishing as the number one seed a few years ago and going one and done? Or was ether of those not a problem either, but just a sign of the poor fan base we have and threads on a message board?

By the way, childish is typing in all caps, not stating facts that you still haven't refuted.

Common sense tells you that you wait for a clear regression or plateauing before even thinking about firing Smith.

How many coaches have won more regular season games than Smith over his tenure? I think it's just Belichick. Pretty effing good.

We were ten yards from the Superbowl last year. Thinking about cutting Smith after a tough, close loss in New Orleans is not living in reality.

Edited by Firstiary

Easy to call names. Hard to refute facts.

Can you explain why we called TO with :52 seconds with a 1st and goal from the 7? Ok, maybe it was just a bad day.

How about the end of the Seattle playoff game when we onside kick it and give Seattle a good chance to get within FG range to win. Any explanation for that decision?

Hmmm....how about going for it on 4th and 1 at your own 28 against the Saints at home last year? Was that a sound coaching decision?

I can keep listing poor coaching decisions if you like.

You're right. I'm sure your coaching expertise is far superior to Mike Smith. You should fax TD your resume'.

Every coach in the league gets questioned when things don't work out the way the team and their fans hope they would. EVERY team that lost today has message board coaches and GM doing the same thing. I'm sorry, it's just kind of stupid. You're never gonna agree with every call (I know I have some questions about some calls Koetter made) but claiming that it's absolutely time to fire a coach with one of the best winning %'s in the league since he got here and has had us in the playoffs 4 of 5 years and the NFC Championship last year needs to be fired b/c we lost a game that came down to the final play IN New Orleans is cause for him to be fired. Because we're 0-1?

Yea, that's sound decision making for you. Responses like that make our entire fanbase look like idiots. Sorry...

I wish people would stop getting their panties in a bunch because they have to hear the trash talk from Saints fans now. Get over it...it's a long season and we'll be fine.

Thinking about cutting Smith after a tough, close loss in New Orleans is not living in reality.

Some folks don't live in reality, Firstiiary. They live in a world of Madden, a game they spend big bucks on and lots of time playing. Because they are spoiled kids living in a dream world, they get nasty when things don't work out exactly as they planned and played. It's their parents fault.

Time For A Change At Hc - Flame Away

Julio had a rare fumble that probably cost us the game and you wanna fire Mike Smith. Ok. FLAME ON!

Nope, the fumble isn't his fault, its Julio. And I'm not calling for him being fired because of it. Please point out where I ever said anything like that.

I'm talking about poor clock management skills. Poor decisions like the onside kick last year at the end of the Seattle playoff game. Like the decision to go for it on 4th and 1 on our own 28 last year at home against the Saints when it was still a game. Can you really defend any of those decisions?

Nope, the fumble isn't his fault, its Julio. And I'm not calling for him being fired because of it. Please point out where I ever said anything like that.

I'm talking about poor clock management skills. Poor decisions like the onside kick last year at the end of the Seattle playoff game. Like the decision to go for it on 4th and 1 on our own 28 last year at home against the Saints when it was still a game. Can you really defend any of those decisions?

Oh,....my bad.tongue.png

But last year was last year. We're gonna be fine!

Oh,....my bad.tongue.png

But last year was last year. We're gonna be fine!

We shall see. But, people denying there have been some really poor coaching decisions in the past few years up until today are just looking through rose colored glasses. There have been some very, very bad coaching decisions that have cost us games. There have been very bad coaching decisions that could have cost us a game but we pulled it out.

I'm as big of a fan as anyone. ****, I'm flying from Seattle to Atlanta for the game next Sunday, as well as to four away games and three other home games. I'm traveling 3000 miles for six games this year. I want this team to win multiple Super Bowls. I think Smith has what it takes to get us to the playoffs consistently. I just think his poor coaching decisions, especially his clock management errors, are what is going to keep us from getting to the big game. If that opinion makes me a bad fan, then so be it. I'm sure many Eagles fans were called idiots and stupid when they questioned Reid. Same with Chargers fans and Schottenheimer. But, if you step back and look at the entire picture, there have been more than a few times Smith's coaching decisions have cost us a game.

You're right. I'm sure your coaching expertise is far superior to Mike Smith. You should fax TD your resume'.

Every coach in the league gets questioned when things don't work out the way the team and their fans hope they would. EVERY team that lost today has message board coaches and GM doing the same thing. I'm sorry, it's just kind of stupid. You're never gonna agree with every call (I know I have some questions about some calls Koetter made) but claiming that it's absolutely time to fire a coach with one of the best winning %'s in the league since he got here and has had us in the playoffs 4 of 5 years and the NFC Championship last year needs to be fired b/c we lost a game that came down to the final play IN New Orleans is cause for him to be fired. Because we're 0-1?

Yea, that's sound decision making for you. Responses like that make our entire fanbase look like idiots. Sorry...

I wish people would stop getting their panties in a bunch because they have to hear the trash talk from Saints fans now. Get over it...it's a long season and we'll be fine.

nailed_it_Wow_You_Nailed_It-s404x404-223332-580.jpg

Common sense tells you that you wait for a clear regression or plateauing before even thinking about firing Smith.

How many coaches have won more regular season games than Smith over his tenure? I think it's just Belichick. Pretty effing good.

We were ten yards from the Superbowl last year. Thinking about cutting Smith after a tough, close loss in New Orleans is not living in reality.

I think letting Smitty go would be dumb, but hearing this crock of crap on a daily basis is getting tired as fcuk.

You know what "10 yards away from the SB" really means? We werent effing good enough to get there. Not to mention the TD would have only put us up by 3 points w/ SF still having over a minute left in the game. With the way they owned us in the 2nd half, they could have easily sent it into OT or won it.

Stop using that garbage as the basis of an argument. It's using failure as proof of excellence.

Edited by RubberDucky

Something to ponder...

How much better would Smith look as a head coach if the person chiefly responsible for drafting and signing FA's had invested more heavily in the trenches?

Smith is a football coach, and a pretty darn good one, but he, like all, is only as good as the talent provided him.

And I distinctly recall one coach in the game going for a 4th and 1 and missing it, and another going for a 4th and 5 and getting it during the game.

Some folks don't live in reality, Firstiiary. They live in a world of Madden, a game they spend big bucks on and lots of time playing. Because they are spoiled kids living in a dream world, they get nasty when things don't work out exactly as they planned and played. It's their parents fault.

What are you talking about? Paying $60 year after year for half-azzed roster updates is brilliant!!

Something to ponder...

How much better would Smith look as a head coach if the person chiefly responsible for drafting and signing FA's had invested more heavily in the trenches?

Smith is a football coach, and a pretty darn good one, but he, like all, is only as good as the talent provided him.

And I distinctly recall one coach in the game going for a 4th and 1 and missing it, and another going for a 4th and 5 and getting it during the game.

It's a good question but a hard one to answer. How many linemen have we drafted in the past five years? How many have turned into quality starters? I believe we have drafted 7-8 but could be wrong.

How many quality FAs have their been and what were our chances to sign them in regard to our salary cap? Most the time, FA linemen are big hits to the cap.

Something to ponder...

Smitty ain't the problem. It's dam hard to put my finger on whatever the problem is, but I'm pretty sure it ain't coach Smith. Just sayin'.......

My issue is only 14 run plays and only 11 to Jackson. Passing for 18 of 24 first down play. You sign a premier RB for $1.75 million this year and that's all you use him? Not to mention, he is a great receiving threat out of the backfield, a vast improvement over Turner. Then to top it all off, whenever the Falcons got within the 10yd line, Jackson came out for Rogers?!!!! Pi ss poor game planning IMO.

I think letting Smitty go would be dumb, but hearing this crock of crap on a daily basis is getting tired as fcuk.

You know what "10 yards away from the SB" really means? We werent effing good enough to get there. Not to mention the TD would have only put us up by 3 points w/ SF still having over a minute left in the game. With the way they owned us in the 2nd half, they could have easily sent it into OT or won it.

Stop using that garbage as the basis of an argument. It's using failure as proof of excellence.

No matter how much you want to lose your cool over this fact, this Mike Smith-led team was **** close to making the SB last year.

I'll say it again just because you'll lose your **** and it'll be funny. We were ten yards from the Superbowl last season.

Anyone wanting to fire Mike Smith after today's game is living in fantasy land. Anyone who wants to fire Mike Smith because of one tough road game that we almost won is a moron.

Edited by Firstiary

Smitty ain't the problem. It's dam hard to put my finger on whatever the problem is, but I'm pretty sure it ain't coach Smith. Just sayin'.......

I really want to believe that. I've supported him since he has been here until today. But, he makes decisions that just leave people scratching their heads. In the Seahawks playoff game last year, after we get the go ahead FG with a few seconds left and the Seahawks with a TO or two, why would anyone call for an onside kick that would put SEA one pass away from being in FG range? We won the game, but that doesn't make it ok. If it had caused another playoff loss, would it have been ok? If it wasn't Smith's call, then whose was it?

I'm not talking just about today's game. I've listed several examples over the past season. Clock management is a huge issue the past two seasons and today.

Exactly! I was screaming at the TV for the offense to slow down! 3:12 to play with 2 TOs and we're running the hurry-up offense? 2:20 left with still 2 Tos and we were inside their 40yd line and Ryan rushed to get another play off before the 2 min warning. WTF? This was the Saints and Drew Brees we were playing. Were they trying to make sure Brees had plenty of time left to come back down for a winning FG if we had scored? Edited by dstormvet