Time For A Change At Hc - Flame Away

coastiemike

I think ya'll are mad at the wrong guy today.

I've decided to be mad at TD for cutting Clabo. It's obviously the move that has had the biggest impact on this team. Holmes getting owned the entire second half was the biggest reason the Falcons could get nothing going on offense.

The Falcons could have kept Clabo, and should have. This is a disaster at RT that is going to cost the Falcons all year, and there really isn't going to be sh*t that Mike Smith can do about it.

I got these for you. You obviously need them.

folded-cane-blind-blackout-glasses-19517359.jpg

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the second half they were just throwing his out of shape azz around like a rag doll.

+1 amen

It's our marshmallow coach with no fire and installing that same lackluster motivation in his team. Last year, Asante intercepts a pass making for a huge momentum swing and coach marshmallow grabs him by the face mask and scolds him. Really?

Same gutless, no balls calls again this year. Inside the opponents five with defense playing well. We call for a FG?!?! Taints in their heels and we punt on their 40 to gain a net 12 yards instead of going for it? He calls a TO with :52 seconds left instead of letting the clock run to :28 seconds to make sure if we do score, the game is out of reach. I've supported this HC fearlessly for five years but enough is enough. It is time for a change at the top.

It's our marshmallow coach with no fire and installing that same lackluster motivation in his team. Last year, Asante intercepts a pass making for a huge momentum swing and coach marshmallow grabs him by the face mask and scolds him. Really?

Same gutless, no balls calls again this year. Inside the opponents five with defense playing well. We call for a FG?!?! Taints on their heels and we punt on their 40 to gain a net 12 yards instead of going for it? He calls a TO with :52 seconds left instead of letting the clock run to :28 seconds to make sure if we do score, the game is out of reach. I've supported this HC fearlessly for five years but enough is enough. It is time for a change at the top.

Say he wins all you want. Just about any HC could win with the talent on this roster. I want a HC that instills heart and fire in his team and pushes this team past mediocrity.

Anyone blaming Smitty is clueless and doesn't deserve a coach like Smith. Enough coordinator and position coach(O-line) changes have been

made...Smitty is not the problem Its personnel.

Not gonna flame you Op. I appreciate was Mike Smith has done for this franchise, but at some point you have to move on if you are at a stand still. Granted this season is still a long way from over, but if we miss the playoffs or don't make the super bowl if we parted ways with Smith I wouldn't be upset. Not calling for his head just yet, but who knows by year's end.

+1 amen

Anyone blaming Smitty is clueless and doesn't deserve a coach like Smith. Enough coordinator and position coach(O-line) changes have been

made...Smitty is not the problem Its personnel.

Ok , your right. He's been here 6 years and has 1 playoff win. **** , let's keep him another 6 and we might have 2. If you don't see this guy as a problem ... Never mind , you can't talk to a Smith apologist. In there eyes he does no wrong .

Who would you suggest for a change at HC?

I would suggest at least starting with an interview of Pete Carmichael. And yes, I know we can't interview him yet, and we a stuck with Smith for this season. But, when we fail to perform in the playoffs, it doesn't hurt to bring him in to at least talk to him.

Smith is one of the best HC's in the league. He's gotten us more winning seasons and playoff chances since he's been here than just about every other Falcons HC combined. If you're seriously calling for his head I feel sorry for you, and I also thank the gods that you're not our GM.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's Smith or the talent that's been responsible for our success. As long as they basically stay out of the way and don't actively HURT the team, I think other coaches could have been just as successful

(Although Smith may have been good for a nascent Ryan)

So, Smith fumbled the ball instead of Jones, Smith dropped the INT and missed on the pass defensed the play before instead of Moore, Smith got a holding call instead of Baker, Smith dropped the game winner instead of SJax?

Looks to me he got those folks in position to make the plays and they didn't execute- that's hardly the coaches fault. Smith did his job- he got the players where they were supposed to be.

Good things take time. GREAT things can take a loooong time.

Football is a lot like life. It mirrors it in many ways, ie;

1. Football is tough. Life is tough.

2. You win some, you lose some.

3. I forgot the next thing I was gonna say because I'm stoned,...but it was pretty good, I'm sure. ph34r.png