Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herr Beast

Horrific Game/clock Management In The End

We really need to hire someone to help coach Smith with these type of situations.

Why the heck did we call a timeout with 2nd and goal with 54 seconds left? That guarenteed that the Saints would have time even if we scored a TD. We could have completely controlled clock if we ran a play down at 25s instead of the TO because we would had 2 TOs for 3rd + 4th down.

Potentially we could have run three consecutive times. Instead we throw 3 times and even if we score a TD, the Saints would have 40 seconds and still their last timeout they carried for the last three minutes.

It is the same mismanagement as in last years playoff games. Stopping clock for no reason to run pass plays. Just stupid....

I just don't understand how running plays are still not part of the gameplan inside the 10 yard line. We could have run not once or twice but actually three times if we wanted. We did we sign Jackson?

Don't know what is worse, the horrific clock management or the terrible play calling in those situations. It is a repeating problem for years know.

Man, just fk me to tears ...difference in the game was Julios fumble....

Or Moore's dropped int(they ended up scoring a td on that drive) or SJax dropped TD pass or Tony not bringing that one down at the end. It was tipped but I bet if you ask him he should have brought it in.

Yeah the Julio fumble was a momentum killer... But we just went downfield 70 yards and had full control... 1 minute left, 7 yards to go, a full set of downs and the opponent left with just TO... The mere idea of taking a TO to stop clock with 55 seconds is absurd and you really have to wonder if HC and OC are on the same page.

I am usually the first to defend coaches but that was A as amateur stuff.

When the clock stopped on 3rd down, I was sure that NO had called it. Nope, it was us..

Couldn't believe we stopped it twice, giving them time to dig in.. If we had scored, I would bet my house Brees would get them in field goal range with 40 secs and their timeout..

You all missed the REAL momentum changer. Vaccarro's cheap-shot late hit on Matt Ryan's slide. Then he defensed the pass to Gonzalez. But the late hit literally and figuratively took the wind out of our offense.

Worse: no one took a retaliatory shot at Vaccarro to make him pay. One of the linemen needed to light him up.

The kid showed the value of the RIGHT kind of personal foul to deliver. I wish we had the guts, the junkyard dawg in us to do likewise.

We're Smitty-soft.

The first play actually was perfect, we gained 4 yards and had the clck running... I was excited because it guaranteed that the clock would more or less run out while having no need to rush ourself for the last three plays, could have used a TO after 2nd and 3rd down...

... instead we hurry and panic, take no time off the clock, pass three times and f% up in so many ways thought impossible.

Because it is the same, actually even worse, f&%# up as in the last minute of the 49ers game.

You all missed the REAL momentum changer. Vaccarro's cheap-shot late hit on Matt Ryan's slide. Then he defensed the pass to Gonzalez. But the late hit literally and figuratively took the wind out of our offense.

Worse: no one took a retaliatory shot at Vaccarro to make him pay. One of the linemen needed to light him up.

The kid showed the value of the RIGHT kind of personal foul to deliver. I wish we had the guts, the junkyard dawg in us to do likewise.

We're Smitty-soft.

Hate to agree with BigRob, but I do here....we should have taken Brees into a Gestapo cellar after that chit, but we did not .....I was waiting for it, but no. we took that chit up the azz ....huh.png

We really need to hire someone to help coach Smith with these type of situations.

We really need to hire someone to replace coach Smith in all types of situations.

We really need to hire someone to replace coach Smith in all types of situations.

I think that is pretty unfair towars Smitty at this moment. But if we continue to make these types of mistakes in a season where we are 'all in'... then yes, his performance hias to be reviewed after the season.

We have never retaliated against the Saints. They piss on our logo. No retaliation. They have a five minute celebration after Brees sets that record. No retaliation. Cheap shot on our QB. No retaliation.

Way too many "style" guys on our D. We could have really used a Pollard or a James Harrison on this defense.

Smitty will never become better with time management. Its definitely one of his downfalls. We just have to hope it doesn't kill us in the end. Thank goodness the NFL made all turnovers reviewed because he would have wasted a timeout on that Julio fumble thinking he had a smart challenge.

I think that is pretty unfair towars Smitty at this moment. But if we continue to make these types of mistakes in a season where we are 'all in'... then yes, his performance hias to be reviewed after the season.

We have been making these types of mistakes the last 2 seasons. It's just the same old same old. We need to replace him with a young, creative, offensive minded HC who will give this team an aggressive identity and make the most of our talent. Unfortunately, it might be too late. Tony is gone after this season, and Roddy and SJax aren't getting any younger.